Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was Banded on Monday! Had wanted the surgery for many years, and waited whilst my husband got banded 2 years ago. We recently seperated and I knew I was ready to make this change for me. Dr Fisher did my surgery on Monday, he also found a huge hernia and repaired that for me too. The first 2 days were hard with the gas pain I was unable to get comfortable but yesterday and today have been a dramatic improvement.

Congratulations!

I was banded on Wednesday, and my surgeon also found a hernia. Apparently it was one of the biggest ones that he had seen, so instead of using the 1 stitch that us needed to repair most hernias, he had to use 4 stitches on my, and they went through the diaphram, so I have been in a lot of pain.

I look forward to reading about your story!

-Robyn

Congratulations to both of you!!! I can not wait to follow your journeys!

My hernia took 6 stitches, actually felt good enough this morning to go to the shops. Made a big mistake last night had a great day felt awesome, took the dogs for 2 short walks so I thought I would go to bed with a little hot chocolate. Totally kept me up all night with pain, will not be doing that again any time soon. Hade some Malt-o-meal for Breakfast it was great had to thin it down a lot. Feel good this morning. Robyn I know your pain it will get better, I took advil to help with the pain and I woke up Thursday morning and my stomach had gone down to normal size. Take it easy.

Alexa:thumbup:

My pain is starting to go down now, I just have a lot of soreness where my port is. ive been alternating between percocet and liquid tylenol. I probably shouldnt be on the percocet anymore, but I dont tolerate pain very well, so i am still on it. I havent actually sleep in my bed yet. I have been sleeping in a recliner. I am scared of sleeping in my bed because I move around a lot when I sleep and I am scared of waking up and being in more pain. I hope I can sleep in my bed soon.

You are doing awesome, I have stopped the liquid codine and have been taking one Advill every 6 hours during the day. The Advil are great I can use a knife and cut them into 4 pieces. I move around alot at night too and was very worried but I have had no problems sleeping in my bed, actually laying on my back with my arms above my head has helped alot with the pain. I am more scared everytime I shower that my wounds are going to sting or open up!!! Also want to comment that I have been getting my Protein from drinking Odwalla Protein Monsters, I have 4oz 3 times a day and it has really helped sooth my tummy.

Look forward to hearing from you again soon Robyn

Alexa