Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~*~ Workout Challenge and Chat Thread ~*~

Hey Mary! :thumbup:

Well, I did get up that morning and only pulled a 20 minute workout and have done nothing since. I don't know what is wrong with me, I've been on the downswing this last few weeks. I have been spending a lot of time reading and reading and reading and can't seem to tear my eyes away from it! I know I'll get back into it when it matters most so I'm not all that worried.

Good for you on getting up early! I'm super proud of you :wub: You did lot too, I never usually do more than a 30 minute cardio session. I've never been able to do any type of weights or anything like that so early in the morning. So you have outperformed me even!

GG, how are things going?? Miss you lady!

Until next time workout buddies. :)

I can't bring books with me to the gym--I start pedaling slower and slower and slower until I stop. :w00t: What are you reading?

I did 20 mins on the elliptical before I saw the trainer this morning. She had me doing a lot of cardio too though, so I should have done less on the elliptical! :w00t:

I'm going to try and drag myself out of bed again tomorrow, but take Thursday off. I have a meeting tonight for a couple of hours and another one tomorrow night, so I figure I'll need to sleep in a bit.

Hey workout divas--- I would love to join the party. I just had a fill yesterday and I am excited for the new start.

I am doing:

Cardio MWF (swim, speed walking, bike) and

weights (P90X) TTH and

Saturday both cardio and weights to push myself. Sunday rest. I also walk my dog 4-5 times a week.

I like the idea of posting food sometimes too. I like seeing others ideas. Today my plan is:

breakfast: Protein shake and blackberries (picked on my walk!)

lunch: salad with ham

dinner:lentil Soup and veges

snack? Protein snack bar

Happy exercising! Hey, did you know one reason exercise gets easier is because with cardio work the inside of your heart (ventricles) gets bigger so you pump more oxygen each time your heart pumps. Cool!

Hey workout divas--- I would love to join the party. I just had a fill yesterday and I am excited for the new start.

I am doing:

Cardio MWF (swim, speed walking, bike) and

weights (P90X) TTH and

Saturday both cardio and weights to push myself. Sunday rest. I also walk my dog 4-5 times a week.

I like the idea of posting food sometimes too. I like seeing others ideas. Today my plan is:

breakfast: Protein shake and blackberries (picked on my walk!)

lunch: salad with ham

dinner:lentil Soup and veges

snack? Protein snack bar

Happy exercising! Hey, did you know one reason exercise gets easier is because with cardio work the inside of your heart (ventricles) gets bigger so you pump more oxygen each time your heart pumps. Cool!

Hi, JFJ!

I took today off, but tomorrow am will be doing a bit of cardio and about 75 mins of weights. I have a long bike ride planned for Sunday, but I'll have to see how much free time I have on Saturday. The trainer told me to take 2 days off a week, so maybe Saturday will be my other day.

I had a fill yesterday afternoon, so I didn't eat much today, but I'm back on regular food tomorrow so:

Breakfast: 1 hardboiled egg, 2 tsp. butter and 1/4 C Trail Mix (if I'm still hungry)

Lunch: 1/4 C Tomato Soup, 1 oz cheddar cheese and 1 low cal English Muffin

Snack: 1 T Peanut Butter

I don't know what I'll have for dinner yet. It has been really hot here, so probably something cool like 2 slices of deli turkey, 1 slice of cheese and 1 T of low cal Blue Cheese Salad Dressing.< /p>

So glad to find this thread- you guys are exercise demons :biggrin: Working on my goal of 190 minutes for the week (Mon-Sun) Did 15 minutes of torso and arms this am- 45 minutes walking around the track. I can't run yet- but I do a brisk walk.

Hey y'all!

Welcome to all the new people who have joined!

Hi Mary! :smile2: You are doing sooo great!! :cursing: :thumbup:

Today I started a new routine, and I'm going to do 90 Minutes per day of this and that.

Today I started my early am routine with 30 minutes of Elliptical, then I walked at work earlier for 30 minutes, and tonight I will do 30 minutes of Calisthenics.

I got some weight to lose so I got to get this thing a'moving. Good luck to everyone!! Hugs!!

So glad to find this thread- you guys are exercise demons :cursing: Working on my goal of 190 minutes for the week (Mon-Sun) Did 15 minutes of torso and arms this am- 45 minutes walking around the track. I can't run yet- but I do a brisk walk.

Monkeymama, 190 minutes is great! I need to set a goal for myself too. I tend to get a bit obsessive (so I am told :cool:), so sometimes it is better if I don't.

LilMiss, thanks for the compliment. :thumbup: You are doing great too! 90 minutes a day is awesome! I wish I had that kind of dedication.

I took Sat. off this week and then did a bit of biking on Sunday with the family. Not terribly fast or intense--my son needs to stop when we are going uphill, so we kind of start and stop. But, after that we went to the pool for 3 hours and I played a lot there. That has to count for something, right? :smile:

Today I did 10 mins on the elliptical and then weights for a little over an hour. At work I walked another 30 mins. Tomorrow I'm planning on all cardio at the gym. I usually do the elliptical for 45 minutes or so, and then some biking. I'll see how I feel in the am, but right now I think I'll up the resistance on the elliptical and not do it quite as long.

It is always really tempting just to sleep in though. :smile2: 4:30 comes WAY too soon!

Edited by marykb

Hey Mary and everyone!!

Wow I'm feeling so amazing right now! I'm on day three of my lo-carb diet and I'm already down 3.4 Lbs!! Doing really good over here!

Mary, look at you! You are so close to goal - that is so awesome! I can't wait until I see you have made it there!! :biggrin: Should be very soon!

I have to tell you, I find it hard to do what I'm supposed to unless I have my "Workout Schedule" in front of my face. It's true I tend to get somewhat obsessive with it too, then I end up crashing, which is not good! I just stick to my schedule, or if I miss one session I don't stress and just make sure I catch the next one.

Here is my current Schedule in case anyone is interested:

Monday

Early AM Elliptical 30 Minutes

At Work Walking 1.25 Miles

Evening Calisthenics 30 Minutes

Tuesday

Early AM Spinner 30 Minutes

Evening Elliptical 30 Minutes

Wednesday

Thursday

Evening Spinner 30 Minutes

Friday

NO WORKOUT TODAY!!!

Saturday

Afternoon Treadmill 30 Minutes

Sunday

Ok everyone, until next time!! :wink2:) Get your workouts on!!

Monkeymama, 190 minutes is great! I need to set a goal for myself too. I tend to get a bit obsessive (so I am told :huh2:), so sometimes it is better if I don't.

LilMiss, thanks for the compliment. :thumbup: You are doing great too! 90 minutes a day is awesome! I wish I had that kind of dedication.

I took Sat. off this week and then did a bit of biking on Sunday with the family. Not terribly fast or intense--my son needs to stop when we are going uphill, so we kind of start and stop. But, after that we went to the pool for 3 hours and I played a lot there. That has to count for something, right? :drool:

Today I did 10 mins on the elliptical and then weights for a little over an hour. At work I walked another 30 mins. Tomorrow I'm planning on all cardio at the gym. I usually do the elliptical for 45 minutes or so, and then some biking. I'll see how I feel in the am, but right now I think I'll up the resistance on the elliptical and not do it quite as long.

It is always really tempting just to sleep in though. :scared2: 4:30 comes WAY too soon!

Edited by LilMissDiva

Hey Mary and everyone!!

Wow I'm feeling so amazing right now! I'm on day three of my lo-carb diet and I'm already down 3.4 Lbs!! Doing really good over here!

Mary, look at you! You are so close to goal - that is so awesome! I can't wait until I see you have made it there!! :) Should be very soon!

I have to tell you, I find it hard to do what I'm supposed to unless I have my "Workout Schedule" in front of my face. It's true I tend to get somewhat obsessive with it too, then I end up crashing, which is not good! I just stick to my schedule, or if I miss one session I don't stress and just make sure I catch the next one.

Here is my current Schedule in case anyone is interested:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Evening Spinner 30 Minutes

Friday

NO WORKOUT TODAY!!!

Saturday

Sunday

Ok everyone, until next time!! :thumbup:) Get your workouts on!!

LilMiss, 3.4 lbs in 3 days is awesome! You are doing great!

Your workouts are incredible too. It is really inspiring to see you exercising 3x/day like that. I can do the mornings, and my 30 mins at work, (not even that every day), but not much at night. You are really doing well!

I was planning on making today my day off, but yesterday when the alarm went off at 4:45, I just moved it up an hour and went back to bed. I was totally exhausted! I spent most of the day in a fog. I took an Ambien last night and slept SO much better. I felt pretty good when I got up early today and went to work out. Today I did 45 on the elliptical, 20 on the bike and 30 mins walking. Tomorrow is my weights day, so I'll do 15 mins on the elliptical and then 75 mins or so on one of my weight routines. Friday is all cardio again.

I've been really hungry after working out lately too. Today I ate almost 1200 calories!!! Almost 1000 just at work--2 Snacks even!! I have to get this eating under control, it won't matter how much I'm working out if I eat like this!

I hope everyone is doing well!

How is everyone doing?

My 8 yr old son saw the raquetball court at the Y, so I've been playing a lot of raquetball this weekend. My arm is killing me! I guess not playing since HS has made me a bit out of shape for raquetball. :thumbup:

I got a Go Wear Fit thingy, it is like a Body Bugg and it is really making me feel a lot better about my exercise. I've been burning more calories and taking more steps than I thought I was. Very encouraging.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Started 5k training today, I have done 5k before but only walking this time I want to jog one. I only wk.out a total of 25 min. today so I need to kick that up. I feel and sleep so much better when I wk.out it is the greatest drug out there even better than choc. Tomorrow 30 min. weights. How do I do a ticker tape I am so not smart when it comes to comps.:thumbup:

Hi Mary! Those work great! Unfortunately I could not continue to use mine. It gave me rashes... as I was allergic to it. :-(

Anyways I'm down 7 lbs since the start of my Atkins low carb diet. I've actually been stuck at this 7 Lbs for 3 days now, but I'm not worried at all. It will continue on for sure. I am fitting my black Levi's I have found too tight for the last 6 months. yippeee!!

I'm sticking to my routine! 90 Minutes a day and feeling awesome! Things are surely working out for me now.

Hey Barney and welcome! Congrats on starting your 5k! That is great! Be sure to check in and let us know how you're doing with it. :thumbup:

Hi Barney and LilMiss!

90 mins a day is awesome, LilMiss! I wish I could stick to that!

Barney, that is great that you are training for a 5K!

I just got back from being out of town again with the kids over the weekend. I didn't do too well eating wise, and we didn't do much strenuous exercise, but we did play in the hotel pool a lot and walk quite a bit. I didn't end up doing as badly as I thought I would.

The bad thing is I somehow twisted my knee or something on Saturday. I have no idea what I did. I had an ACL repair about 10 yrs ago and every once in awhile I'll step funny and it really hurts for a few days.

I iced it on Sat. night and again on Sunday night. It didn't feel too bad this am, so I went to the gym. I started on the elliptical and it started to ache. So, instead of paying attention, I did what I normally do and cranked up the intensity. I didn't want to be too wimpy. After 50 mins on the elliptical, I did 20 on the bike.

Needless to say, by the time I had showered and dressed, I could no longer walk down the 1 flight of stairs from the locker room and ended up taking the elevator!! I could barely get my leg in the car.

My husband bought me a new ice pack today, so I'll use that tonight. Tomorrow, I'll just do the bike and some arm weights. I think I learned my lesson about being wimpy--at least until the next time. :thumbup:

How is everyone doing?

How is everyone doing?

Hi Mary, hello everyone!

I'm doing quite well thanks :mad: Right now I'm just pulling in about 30 minutes of walking a day. I know it's not much at all but it is what it is - and it is something at least!

I'm going to pull this very light plan until next week and then I'll add a tiny bit more to the routine.

I have been someone that enjoys a good workout, and have been physically driven since a teen. My one issue on why I am obese is that I eat way too much. I can burn 3,000 calories in a day and either eat as much or more in return. food has been my biggest Freinemy I think ever since I can remember remembering anything.

In my photos I have a picture of me at barely 4 or 5 years old. I have a can of Pringles in one hand, a chip in another with the chip going straight into my mouth. My tiny little tummy had a pouchie even then. Ah chips... lol :smile2:

Well I hope everyone is doing their part to make those healthy changes!! I am. As of last week I have stopped taking my blood pressure medications! Yay!!!!

:)

Hi Mary, hello everyone!

I'm doing quite well thanks :lol2: Right now I'm just pulling in about 30 minutes of walking a day. I know it's not much at all but it is what it is - and it is something at least!

I'm going to pull this very light plan until next week and then I'll add a tiny bit more to the routine.

I have been someone that enjoys a good workout, and have been physically driven since a teen. My one issue on why I am obese is that I eat way too much. I can burn 3,000 calories in a day and either eat as much or more in return. food has been my biggest Freinemy I think ever since I can remember remembering anything.

In my photos I have a picture of me at barely 4 or 5 years old. I have a can of Pringles in one hand, a chip in another with the chip going straight into my mouth. My tiny little tummy had a pouchie even then. Ah chips... lol :biggrin:

Well I hope everyone is doing their part to make those healthy changes!! I am. As of last week I have stopped taking my blood pressure medications! Yay!!!!

:)

You are exercising and that is the important thing. :tt1: That is great that you are off some meds too!

I took it pretty easy last week, after I over did it on my knee. I did more upper body stuff and some biking on the reclining bike. I'm back to normal now though. :tt1: I have been doing more on the elliptical and have upped my weights as well.

I decided that rather than do all cardio one day and then almost all weights the next, I'll be more consistent. I'll do more cardio on my weight days and do some weights on my cardio days. I'm also going to start shuffling up the cardio, rather than sticking to the elliptical all of the time. We'll see how that goes.

I hope everyone is doing well!