Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~*~ Workout Challenge and Chat Thread ~*~

Oops pressed reply too quick!

Mary, how have your workouts been coming along?

GG I'm so glad you are feeling better! I'm more glad to see no matter what you get back on that horse and keep moving. Good for you! You will have your next 5k completed in no time.

Proud a'ya!

Oops pressed reply too quick!

Mary, how have your workouts been coming along?

GG I'm so glad you are feeling better! I'm more glad to see no matter what you get back on that horse and keep moving. Good for you! You will have your next 5k completed in no time.

Proud a'ya!

Thanks for noticing that LilMiss! I have worked hard to change my "all or nothing" mentality. A few months ago, I probably would have given up after being sick for so long. I am trying to make lots of positive changes in my life...physically, spiritually, and mentally. Just being happy in general!

You are kicking butt on these workouts! Good for you! Very inspiring!

LilMiss, you are doing Awesome! That is great on the 4.5 miles in one day! GG is right, that is really inspiring!

I'm still sticking with it. Exercising as much as I can each day and doing my weights 2-3x a week. I've started a stretching routine every night too.

Friday and Sat. are hard for me as my husband is not around and I'm doing kid things, working on Friday and trying to work around the child care at the Y. Regardless, I try to do at least something on those days.

I'm going to have to kick it up quite a bit if I want to catch up with you! :biggrin:

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't checked in much lately. I have been having some hellacious stomach problems! I was sick for a solid week with it, then got better, then more trouble for a couple of days. I am finally feeling like my old self agian!

I only ran once last week and I've ran twice this week so far. I plan of running again tomorrow night. Normally I wouldn't run two days in a row, but I going to ATL Friday to see Grace Potter and The Nocturnals in concert. Can't wait!! I know if I don't run tomorrow, I may skip it over the weekend.

You guys are doing GREAT!! You guys have inspired me to step it up notch next month and add something new. I love the Couch to 5K, but it's not enough. The weight isn't coming off. I am still doing really good with it. I'm on week 4 and hope to move up to week 5 next week.

I have a lot of trouble getting back into it again when I stop for awhile--esp. if I've been sick. It is great that you are back running again! Next time I get sick, I'll be thinking of you and tell myself to get out there and move again. :biggrin:

Thanks mary :biggrin:)

Hey, now you only have 21 lbs to goal... now THAT aught to be some inspiration right there lady! Whoot!!! Get it!! Get it!! LOL :-D

Oh and tomorrow is my body rest day. No workouts for me :biggrin: Yeah I'm smiling because my body hurts so BAD! Haha... well by Saturday I'm sure it will be ready to go again.

I hope you were able to get in a day of recovery and not be in pain, LilMiss!

I walked for 30 minutes at work today and then did some weights here at home and stretched. So, not too much today. I'm seeing the trainer again on Sunday, so I'll see if she has anything new for me.

I have a lot of trouble getting back into it again when I stop for awhile--esp. if I've been sick. It is great that you are back running again! Next time I get sick, I'll be thinking of you and tell myself to get out there and move again. :bolt:

Well, it was pouring rain Thursday night, so I did not get to run before heading out to Atlanta, Friday. I had an AWESOME time at the concert! They rocked it out! I drove 4 hours there, left the concert at 12am and drove 4 hours back. My weekend was pretty exhausting. My niece spent the night with me Saturday night and we didn't go to bed until 3am. I went to bed early last night and slept great!

I ran this morning. I did another day of week 4. I am going to start week 5 on my next workout and see how it goes. I am going to focus hard on eating healthy foods....that is where I fall short. Going grocery shopping in a bit, so I'll stock up on healthy stuff :sad:

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Wow! You did a lot of driving last weekend, GG! That has to have been exhausting! That is great that you are already back running again. I think I would still be in bed. :present:

I saw the trainer again yesterday morning and she started me on some core stuff. My stomach is aching now! I see her again tomorrow morning, so I'll let her know that stomach stuff is off for tomorrow. :)

Today I did 30 mins walk at work then 30 mins on the elliptical and 10 mins of stair climbing at the Y. I spent about 20 mins. stretching here at home too. Tomorrow, I'll have some time to do some cardio before the trainer and hopefully can get in another walk at work too.

I have a family reunion this weekend and a bunch of us are renting a house together. I"m hoping that the clubhouse for that area has a treadmill or something. It is in the Mts. though, so at least Ill get in some high altitiude training. :ohmy:

mary, that is one time you DO like having a stomach ache!!

Hey ladies, how are ya? I'm doing quite well here. I did take a few days off and I slept 12 HOURS ON ONE OF THEM!! I really needed it and it felt really really great.

However as of yesterday I'm back at it. I have slowed down some on the workouts tho and only doing an hour a day. I'm trying to jumpstart my weight loss again by doing clears during the day and only eating a healthy meal at night. I don't know if its working but I'm trying!

I'm making some decisions right now and don't really want to get into it, but I know where my road leads from here. However ladies, all that matters is that we meet each other at the end of that long tough road and we are all thin and super healthy!! :)

GG how is your week 4 coming?

How is everyone???

I hope everyone is doing well!

I was able to get in my 30 min walk at work and 30 mins on the elliptical at the Y today. Then, I came home and spent 45 mins. cleaning the house. I'm going into the Y tomorrow am to get cardio and weights in before work.

My dad is coming to town tomorrow night and then my family is going to the Mts. this weekend for a reunion. We are sharing a house with my sister and her family and she is on WW. We are going to be looking for some exercise to do up there. Hopefully we can find something good!

Hey guys! Week 4 has been going GREAT! My plan was to move on to week 5 tomorrow, but that's going to have to wait. I went to the dermatologist today and she ended up cutting off 2 places on my left leg and one place on my left arm. I have stitches in all the spots, so I can't run again until they remove them, Aug. 10th. Ugh! I certainly don't want to bust the stitching out, so I guess I should abide, lol. I think I'll just walk until I'm cleared to run. I gotta do something.

mary, have fun at the reunion!

LilMiss, how's it going?

Edited by georgia girl

Hey guys! Week 4 has been going GREAT! My plan was to move on to week 5 tomorrow, but that's going to have to wait. I went to the dermatologist today and she ended up cutting off 2 places on my left leg and one place on my left arm. I have stitches in all the spots, so I can't run again until they remove them, Aug. 10th. Ugh! I certainly don't want to bust the stitching out, so I guess I should abide, lol. I think I'll just walk until I'm cleared to run. I gotta do something.

mary, have fun at the reunion!

LilMiss, how's it going?

That sounds really painful! I hope you recover quickly. It is so frustrating to have a plan and then put it on hold. That is a great idea to walk.

I'm glad Week 4 went so well. I was looking at that plan and I would never get past week 1:lol:. I am just NOT a runner.

I was able to get to the Y today at 5 am. I figured since I couldn't sleep and had just been lying around, I might as well work out. I got in 15 on the elliptical and then an hour of weights and some crunches Then, I walked for 30 minutes at work again. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow too. It has been so hot that if I don't get it done in the am, I don't want to go out and do it.

I've been doing my stretches at night and it seems like I'm a little more flexible each night--that could just be wishful thinking though. :rolleyes:

I had to go to the mall after I picked up the kids from camp today, and we got some dinner there. I was SO tempted to pig out on the Cookies, cupcakes, DQ treats, etc. but I was able to control myself. I ordered a Taco Bell beef soft taco. I didn't eat any of the tortilla, just the meat with a bit of cheese. There could not have been more than 2 oz of meat in there.:thumbup:

I just kept thinking I really didn't want to do 2 hours of exercise every day to try and work off a cupcake.

That sounds really painful! I hope you recover quickly. It is so frustrating to have a plan and then put it on hold. That is a great idea to walk.

I'm glad Week 4 went so well. I was looking at that plan and I would never get past week 1:lol:. I am just NOT a runner.

I was able to get to the Y today at 5 am. I figured since I couldn't sleep and had just been lying around, I might as well work out. I got in 15 on the elliptical and then an hour of weights and some crunches Then, I walked for 30 minutes at work again. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow too. It has been so hot that if I don't get it done in the am, I don't want to go out and do it.

I've been doing my stretches at night and it seems like I'm a little more flexible each night--that could just be wishful thinking though. :rolleyes2:

I had to go to the mall after I picked up the kids from camp today, and we got some dinner there. I was SO tempted to pig out on the Cookies, cupcakes, DQ treats, etc. but I was able to control myself. I ordered a Taco Bell beef soft taco. I didn't eat any of the tortilla, just the meat with a bit of cheese. There could not have been more than 2 oz of meat in there.:w00t:

I just kept thinking I really didn't want to do 2 hours of exercise every day to try and work off a cupcake.

Mary, it's not painful. I cut my finget chopping vegetables yesterday and it hurt way more than the stitches, lol. I want to run so bad, it hurts! I feel like I would be fine to, but my hubby is insisting I wait so I don't blow my stictches. So aggravating!

I used to think I could never run too...until I challenged myself to the Couch to 5K. It gradually works you up and I even repeat weeks if necessary. I love the challenge :w00t:

I have been doing soooo horrible with my eating. The sweets are out of control! I think I need to just quit eating any kind of sweets, since one little bite always leads to 20. Seriously, it's like a drug to me....always leaves me wanting more. I have been making some very positive changes in my life and I feel so much happier! My next positive change is going to be cutting out the sweets and it starts tomorrow! I've got to get a handle on this one last thing.

I hope everyone is doing good! Let's continue to encourage one another and keep up the great work!

Good Morning, you all are amazing - I just started commiting myself to working out every day, its not much right now - i do a work out dvd that equates to 3miles of walking. Its hard as hell and my muscles are telling me... YOU HAVENT WORKED OUT IN A LOOOONG TIME. lol. But i like the way its making me feel. I feel better, more alive like i can tackle anything. I am doing these dvd's every day 6days a week. Some days its hard to get the 3 miles in, so i can only do 2 @ times. But as long as im doing something, i guess its better than sitting on the couch watching TV or eating. Im going to keep this post thread in my favs and check back to see how you guys are doing... Keep up the good work....:wub: