Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Getting Enough Protein

Howdy y'all, it's me again.

Banded on July 1st and feeling frustrated. Even with an empty band, I feel quite a bit of restriction and I am only able to eat 3-4oz at a time... which is good.

My frustration lies with getting enough Protein and Water in each day. I've tried quite a few different protein powders and the only one that I can stomach is EAS Myoplex 42g powder. Unfortunately, the Myoplex makes a very thick pudding like consistency (about 12-16oz). It's so heavy that I can only eat a teaspoon or 2 per hour and its too thick to enjoy. It's a chore to eat. If I thin it down to the consistency of a shake (which still requires a spoon to eat), it's more palatable, but ends up making about 32oz. It ends up taking the entire day for me to eat and I'm constantly feeling like I have a lead weight in my stomach, so I'm not able to drink much water.

And to top it all off, forcing down that 1 Protein Drink only ends up giving me 42g of protein and my doc wants me to get 80g a day! GHAA!:sad: So frustrated! All I keep thinking is "I'm gonna lose all my hair and get that waisted-away look because I'm not getting enough protein in." I'm sick of eating nothing but this Protein Shake day in and day out, but what's the alternative? :wink2:

P.S.- I've tried several of the liquid Protein brands, such as Isopure, but even the "unflavored" makes me gag and want to retch.:(

try Syntrax Nectar 23gm Protein in one serving.comes in flavors like fuzzy navel,caribbean cooler,lemonade.

Try the New Whey Protein bullets. There is 42 grams of protein in each shot. It's a bit sweet, so I advise mixing it in with Water. Good luck!

Where do you buy this Syntrax nectar? I LOVE fuzzy navels so I want to try it.

Also where on the whey Protein Bullets?

I bought the Syntrax on line.I also called the company& told them I was a bariatric patient& for $9.99 they sent 11 samples of their product.

I bought the Syntrax on line.I also called the company& told them I was a bariatric patient& for $9.99 they sent 11 samples of their product.

I did this too and tried all the flavs. Then I ordered the roadside lemonaid (my fav) and the crystal sky.

They have the bullets at Walmart by the slimfast and boost type products. They look like a big test tube. It is like real strong kool-aid and many bansters mix them with Water and sip on them for awhile. The milky type shakes don't taste good to me in the summer.

I'm definitely going to give the Syntrax a try. I found a place online that sells single serving packets.

For those of you who are able to eat solids: do you still drink Protein shakes or do you find that you can get all your protein from the food you eat?

I'm definitely going to give the Syntrax a try. I found a place online that sells single serving packets.

For those of you who are able to eat solids: do you still drink Protein shakes or do you find that you can get all your Protein from the food you eat?

I mix my Protein Powder with a sugar free pudding cup :sad:)

Are you already experiencing some Hair loss, or are you just trying to avoid it? Just curious... I started losing hair about 2 or 3 months out.

Are you already experiencing some hair loss, or are you just trying to avoid it? Just curious... I started losing hair about 2 or 3 months out.

I'm not losing any yet.... and I'd like to keep it that way.:sad:

Bio-X Power Whey Complex

1 Scoop with 1 cup Ice cold Water (Not Thick very Liquid)

Only 140 Calores

Protien 23 grams

Fat 2.5 g

Carbs 6 grams

chocolate is very good

I have it as my breakfast every morning

:cool: JayRobb(whey) WWW.jayrobb.com.

The flavors are tropical deamsicle, pina colada, vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. The whey (vs egg white) has 25 grams of Protein, 1 gram of carbs, no fat.

It the first Protein Powder I can drink with just Water and ice - which my docter says does not count as a meal and I can count the Water as intake toward my daily goal. I have also stirred some into vanilla sugar free pudding - just not a whole scoop it tends to make a serving 'liquid like' after being completely stirred in.

It is not a Meal Replacement - I take a Vitamin as I complete it so the Vitamins can bind to the Protein - and I get more out of the Vitamins.< /span>

This has really helped me meet the minimum protein goal of 70 grams even though I am not getting a much food in.

I was just relased to eat soft foods on 07/14/2010.