Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight have you lost?

wow! i bet if feels so good!!! i can not wait to get approved by my insurance and start the journey with the rest of you!!! :cool:

What was the date of your surgery? 1-14-10

How healthy did you/do you eat? pretty healthy high Protein and low fat, low carbs will treat myself, but still stay within calories

How much do you exercise? 5 times a week for an hour on good week, 3 times on a bad week

How much have you lost? 70lbs including pre-op and 30 on the 6mth consultation--total 100

Are you happy with your results? Yes, will be even happier with restriction

May 21st so 8 weeks yesterday.

I eat very healthy, I'm a vegetarian also. I average about 1100 calories a day (about 50 grams of Protein a day).

I've lost 19 pounds total, only 13 since surgery. Have had one fill that didn't do much.

All that said, I started with a lower bmi (35).

I walk everyday for 30 to 40 minutes.

I am very glad I had the surgery.

What was the date of your surgery? March 16, 2010

How healthy did you/do you eat?

I make a good attempt to always eat healthy mostly grilled chicken and shrimp but I also occassionally eat McDonalds fries, Zaxbys salads and chicken tenders, and subs from Jersey Mikes(half of a six inch cut up in little pieces cuts down with the pbing), and chinese food...I also count my calories and I range betwn 800 to 1100

How much do you exercise? I workout 3xs a week for 30 mins(treadmill,recumbert bike)

How much have you lost? 42 lbs

Are you happy with your results? I'm very happy with my results, the best thing I ever did and I can still enjoy all of the foods I always have just not as much!!

What was the date of your surgery? October 20 '09

How healthy did you/do you eat? for the first 8 months very healthy but have been throwing in some other foods lately to see how my body will react. haven't gained any weight so i'm happy. just limit the amount of food i eat. still try to do low-carb

How much do you exercise? walk at least 3 miles a day and WII fit/EAS active 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes

How much have you lost? actually started diet since seminar and lost 150 but 131 since surgery date

Are you happy with your results? very happy!!! wish i would have done sooner

What was the date of your surgery?sept 30 2009

How healthy did you/do you eat? eating well 80% of the time

How much do you exercise? on average 3 times a week. elliptical for 40-60 min or untill it tells me i have burned 500 + calories

How much have you lost? 40 lbs

Are you happy with your results? im fustrated but hopefull, since i know i am not at my sweet spot. i have very little restriction. My Goal right now is to loose a total of 50 lbs by sept 30 2010!!!

What was the date of your surgery? August 4, 2008

How healthy did you/do you eat? Awful pre-band. Nowhere near perfect but MUCH better now.

How much do you exercise? Routinely 3-5 X's per week plus...

How much have you lost? 105 pounds at lowest weight.

Are you happy with your results? Ecstatic! Gets better all the time.

Brad

April 26, 2010

I Don't eat as healthy as i should, i'm still trying to figure out what exactly i can eat that will still go down...having some trouble with a lot of foods, but still doing ok!

I exercise 3-4 times a week for about 45-60 minutes of cardio and then i do weights for about 30-40 minutes a day.

I have lost around 60lbs, give or take a pound or two.

I am very happy...definately glad i had the surgery just wish i would of did it 2 years ago!

What was the date of your surgery? April 13, 2010

How healthy did you/do you eat? I stay away from breads,pastas,cereal,and sugar(for the most part)

How much do you exercise? Routinely 3-5 times per week

How much have you lost? 52 pounds

Are you happy with your results? Very-and I've yet to get a fill

banded 12/20/08

high Protein, low carb, no sugar or bread

plenty of yard work, swimming and walking

down 90 lbs and to goal

no fills whatsoever and would do this again in a heartbeat, has been life saving for me at my age of 57 yrs old, feel like 27

January/13th/09

somewhat healthy,not all the time

5&6 times a day.on my stationary bike.

as of today 125lbs.

amazing.so very,very happy.

December 22

lost 53 pounds (nothing preop)

just started exercising 3 times a week walk/jog 30 minutes

eat much better not nearly as much fast food and a ton less than what I used to.

I am happy but won't be satisfied till I hit my goal of 90 pounds.

I had my surgery in May. I have to say that the best thing about the past two months has not been trying to lose weight - I have just been adjusting slowly to having this band and eating slowly and consciously.

The best thing has been living my life - going to parties, tasting what I want to taste, even going to McDonald's and knowing that I am not going to eat an entire meal. I have a few bites and I am done! It is a miracle to me and I am just enjoying being where I am right now. Not trying to be a model tomorrow. My blood pressure is going down, my largest clothes are donated ... I am just enjoying every today. This was my goal.

But, the best part. Today I hopped on the scale after 3 weeks. I thought, seriously, I had been on vacation, then under stress, and was eating whatever I wanted ... fully expected to see a gain since surgery. Instead I saw a loss of 6 pounds since 3 weeks ago. And, let me tell you, I weighed myself clothed and at 7pm, after dinner.

I am beyond thrilled. Thrilled. Thrilled !!!! Did I tell you how happy I am to have made this decision?:)

What was the date of your surgery? - 4/8/10

How healthy did you/do you eat? - Before surgery, I ate pretty well, just too much. I also ate too much ice cream. Now I'm eating mainly Protein, but if I want a treat, I'll have one, just a very tiny amount

How much do you exercise? -I just started exercising a few weeks ago. I'm doing 5-6 days week alternating between all cardio and cardio plus weights. On all cardio days, I get about an hour in and on other days maybe 15-20 mins of cardio and at least 30 mins of weights.

How much have you lost? - 65 lbs and nothing pre-op

Are you happy with your results? - Very happy!

What was the date of your surgery? 4/8/10 :)

How healthy did you/do you eat? Always ate quality food, but carb rich dense European foods such as Sheppard's pie and the like. Now, it's better, but not great yet. I can't get the carbs in so by definition the foods are better but it's disorganized eating.

How much do you exercise? I've always been an active person, but I don't have a "plan" in place at the gym yet, my surgeon stresses the importance of finding good restriction and making small changes working my way up to an exercise plan

How much have you lost? 33 pounds officially

Are you happy with your results? Yes, although I sometimes think I'm losing slowly I have to keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race and keeps it off for good. There is a lot less stress in the pounds I have lost meaning that I know they are gone for good and aren't coming back!

Would I do this over again? At this point, yes, because everything else I have done has failed, so while this is hard anything worth doing is right? :biggrin:

Hugs,

Heather

Edited by Me3