Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know what it is, but the last few days I have been HUNGRY and craving bad things! Yesterday, I woke up at 2am craving McDonald's. I don't even like McDonald's! And today I was craving pepperoni pizza and potato and cheddar pierogies. I think it's probably because I'm just over 2 weeks out and starting to really get hungry and hate on my Protein Shakes, but I'm perfectly fine with my doctor recommended diet, and sort of proud for not giving in!

But yes, right now, I'm craving a pickle and fig newtons. (I'm NOT pregnant haha).

Hi! Marissa1k,

I was banded May 17th 2010. I also had weird cravings in the beginning. I craved chocolate milkshakes.:) I never really ate them before my surgery. I understand the cravings luckily now I do not have as many cravings, now that I can eat regular food. My lastest addiction was cottage cheese I have calmed down a little on that. I finally found a Protein that I like. I also have been eating low carb Protein Bars if I am out running an errand. Im usually not hungry but then the next minute I am starving. Good luck

Shawna:thumbup:

I craved cashews! It was really bad for about a month after surgery. I still do a couple of times a month and instead of making a big issue I just go to QuikTrip and buy one of those 99 cent sleeves of them and enjoy them. After you are on real foods there is nothing wrong with a little treat now and then!

Protein shakes are so horribly sweet. If I had to do those for weeks on end (and luckily I didnt) I would start craving something like Mcdonalds, which I also dont really like.

think about it, what do you really want? its probably the salt and savoury taste as an antidote to all those shakes.< /p>

Whenever I get a tummy bug, I crave potato chips really really strongly, it will always be the first food I feel well enough to eat. I'm not a chip eater most of the time, I can leave a bowl sitting there and not touch it. But what I really crave after having such a disturbance in my body is the SALT. It just takes the form of chips in my mind!

I completely understand that there are times when we crave something crazy....mine is Mustard....yes I said Mustard....I was ok with it before, but I literally can almost eat it by itself....I'm sure its the salt too!

So proud of you for not giving in :sad:!!! What you are going through was (to me anyways) the hardest part about being banded so far. Just stick with the recommended diet because that is what is best for you and for your healing right now, but once you get further along you can treat yourself! My Dr. suggest the 3-bite rule for "cheating". Take only 3 bites, but really chew them and savor them and enjoy them...and he is right (usually except TOM) after 3 bites the insane craving is gone and I can stop and not eat that whole piece of cake. And remember...if you know you are going to treat yourself, try to cut back on calories at your other meals that day and try to up your exercise too. To me (and my Dr.) there should not really be guilt involved with treating yourself once in a great while (not all the time though)

lol - that's funny, maybe you're on those pms days, i always get cravings on those days of the month. the good thing is that you have been good and sticking to your diet. keep up the good work and sweet dreams.:sad:

That's funny! Are you sure you're no pregnant Marissa? LOL

I am sure it had something to do with starting my 2 week (Protein shake/water only) pre-op diet on the weekend of July 4th but I have craved grilled (burnt) hot dogs since I began the pre-op diet. I can't wait to actually have one, since I am in the pureed stage now I even considered tossing one in the blender and giving it a whirl :tt2: I have never been a one to like hot dogs, it's weird?

I have developed a crazy sweet tooth. I liked cake before the surgery, but now I want sweets, sweets, sweets. I have a 60 cal Jello pudding or a Vita top chocolate top.

I also have the salt thing at times...

I crave spicey foods.....HOT! I use hot salsa on alot of things and my favorite is "siracha" chinese pepper sauce which has a lot of garlic on it. It tastes good with most foods too.

Yes! I'm on mushy foods and Protein Shakes still, and the only mushy food I eat is baby food, so I'm definitely craving salty and spicy. Yesterday I actually put a pinch of salt on my tongue to get the taste! Good news I'm not bloated from the sodium though.