Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attracting women.

Oh yeah, Dwight Howard is very nice looking :sad:

Not to sound like a jerk but I assume the women responding in this thread have had weight issues themselves.

Do you think the same would be true of a drop dead gorgeous 9 with size 1 pants and and 34ds?

No, I'm betting you had better be at least 5'10" with six pack abs. Or filthy stinking rich - that works too.

Everyone on here has weight issues but fat men are gross and that's my opinion. Period!

Everyone on here has weight issues but fat men are gross and that's my opinion. Period!

You know, you might consider finding a more tactful way of expressing your self given the forum you chose to participate in.

Most of us feel a lot of pain as a result of being over weight. I know that I personally often feel that if it wasn't for my enormous penis I wouldn't have anything going for me at all.

You know, you might consider finding a more tactful way of expressing your self given the forum you chose to participate in.

Most of us feel a lot of pain as a result of being over weight. I know that I personally often feel that if it wasn't for my enormous penis I wouldn't have anything going for me at all.

Nah! I say what I want however I want to.

Good thread. I thought more guys would weigh in on this and give you more feedback. Maybe most of the guys here are married and not attracting women?

Over the years the weight of a guy has not been a big factor as far as me thinking they are attractive. That being said, a morbidly obese man is not attractive to me nor is a jock or body builder. For me it's personality. It's a sparkle in the eyes. It is wit and humor. It is work ethic. It is empathy for others. First attraction features would be hair, eyes and smile.

IMPO I think majority of women do still feel this way humming. More and more are finding it impossible to find a man appealing unless the exterior is polished, however that's really too bad.

But I must also admit that if a man were grossly obese, no I would not be able to find that attractive. My husband is overweight by 40 Lbs tops. He does make it a point to not go too overboard because as he says, he always wants me to want him. I don't disagree with him, but I don't make him aware of it either. I do appreciate him keeping himself in check.

All the best.

OK, thanks for all the women who replied to this thread. I appreciate you sharing your personal preferences.

I'd really like to hear from some men on their actual experiences.

I think alot of men do congregate in the Men's Room forum. I will move this thread in there if you like... let me know - otherwise it will just stay here.

Nah! I say what I want however I want to.

You're like a rebellious, pre-adolescent, problem child who just got denied their afternoon Cookies and milk. If you have something useful to say, go ahead. Other than that, save it for people who care.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, to the OP:

Did I become more confident? Yeah.

Did I find that talking to women was easier? Yeah.

Did more women talk to me? Yeah.

In fact, did I meet my fiance because of it? Yeah.

Do women still hit on me? Yeah.

Does it bother me? NOPE!

So, overall, drop the weight, get some confidence, learn how to talk to women, and you'll be golden. :smile:

John

You're like a rebellious, pre-adolescent, problem child who just got denied their afternoon Cookies and milk. If you have something useful to say, go ahead. Other than that, save it for people who care.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, to the OP:

Did I become more confident? Yeah.

Did I find that talking to women was easier? Yeah.

Did more women talk to me? Yeah.

In fact, did I meet my fiance because of it? Yeah.

Do women still hit on me? Yeah.

Does it bother me? NOPE!

So, overall, drop the weight, get some confidence, learn how to talk to women, and you'll be golden. :smile:

John

In case you missed what I said. Here it goes again: Fat men are gross!

In case you missed what I said. Here it goes again: Fat men are gross!

Okay, let's break this down a little:

- "Fat men are gross!" is friendly fire. Not appreciated, opinion or not.

- You said it in a obesity help forum. What did you expect to happen?

- Finally, I didn't miss what you said the first time. You just should have kept your trap shut after that out of respect for your fellow posters.

The expected response: "BUT, you can't tell me what to do! You're not my daddy! Blah blah blah..." I know, I know. Just try to be respectful. I don't go to all of my liberal friends and make an ass out of myself for saying that I hate Obama for "such and such" reason. You need to learn to pick your battles.

And fat men are still gross to me. I have never dated a fat man and I never will uck! Gross! Ill!

I am grateful that my husband didn't find me "gross" when I was overweight and even obese. He saw through the fat and appreciated the person that I am, and saw the weight struggle that I went through before I found the band. I hope I am able to do that for the people in my life and not judge them with my eyes. :smile:

I am grateful that my husband didn't find me "gross" when I was overweight and even obese. He saw through the fat and appreciated the person that I am, and saw the weight struggle that I went through before I found the band. I hope I am able to do that for the people in my life and not judge them with my eyes. :smile:

Leigha, I totally agree.