Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has any one done or currently doing Jenny Craig? I was thinking about joining for the Portion Control alone.I went in for a consult and they are set up to work with people that have had WLS. Please LMK if this has helped any of you. Thanks!!!

I'm not quite sure why people get weight loss surgery and go on programs like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. Here's a good read: Eating for Life by Bill Phillips. It's not about the lap band or going on any program. It's about eating right.

Yes, it is about eating right, but programs like WW and JC help you learn how to eat right, support you when you need it and motivate you. You can't always get that kind of support from a book. These programs are another "tool", just like the band is, to help you with your lifestyle change.That is why many people join WW and JC after getting their band.

Yes I've done Jenny Craig. At firstI loved it. Some of the food is really good, others not so much. After awhile I got bored with the food choices because it was so repetitious. The biggest thing I didn't like was that it cost so much! WW I think will give you a wealth of information and support and be easier on the pocket. I canceled my WW account online but I still subscribe to the newsletters because it's good info. I also just wanted to share that when I have a prepackaged meal because it's easy like a lean cuisin or WW entree, I get hungrier a lot faster than if I grill up some chicken and veggies and it's only a little more effort. Good luck in whatever you choose.

I lose slower when I eat packaged processed foods. I cook from scratch and freeze single portions that can then be heated up. I seal them in food saver bags that can be dropped in a pot of boiling Water or microwaved. Much cheaper and better for you.

I've done Jenny Craig and Nutri System, I thought the quality of food was really mediocre, Jenny Craig is probably a little better quality but I don't like the idea of eating processed food and there's a lot of sugar in their food as well--and salt. The idea of meat in a can is gross, anyway I'm a vegetarian and there weren't a lot of good choices. I think Weight Watchers is a much better choice if you're looking for a program, right from the beginning they teach you how to eat--and cook! Weight Watchers seems to deal in reality much more than the others. But whatever works for you is the best for you. I do my own thing and since I've been banded, I've never eaten so healthy. Because I can't put a lot in me, I am very careful and thoughtful as to what I eat. I want to eat quality food. I didn't go thru all of this to eat a donut. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Thank you so much for your replies. I have decided to go w/ a personal trainer and nutritionist for now. I'm not in love with the processed food idea. Thanks again!!!

The key to successful, long term weight loss is to be able to control your eating without program foods and still lose or maintain your weight. Not to mention the high price of the package foods. I did Jenny Craig several times, got bored with the food and found it to be too much carbs and not enough Protein.< /p>

I did JC for 3 years and lost 70 lbs. Then I got bored and decided to take a break for a week, about 5 months later, I never went back and gained about 55 lbs back. All that work for basically nothing. I then joined WW, I lost 40 lb in 7 months, then the holidays came and I slipped, I did start going back to WW, but then decided to also pursue the lap band. I may try to continue the points system of WW post band, but try also the low carb, high Protein approached that my surgeon reccommends.

But Jenny Craig's food is atrocious. Our ability to eat is quite limited by the band. That doesn't mean it should become an unpleasant experience.

As a longtime WW veteran, I am hard-pressed to see the compatibility with the band. Not that their recommendations are off-base; they'd just require enormous revision to meet the needs of a person with restriction. (Some leaders are really hostile toward those who've had WLS, too.)

For someone who does not already have a good idea of how to eat properly---with or without the band---WW would be really hard to self-tailor for banded purposes, IMO.

If Jenny Craig personnel have training, that might be a good approach. Well, if the food weren't so gross.

You know, for the record, I'm all for Jenny Craig. My fiance is on it and doing really well and my parents lost a grip of weight on it, but for a people with a band, even that size of portion is just too big. They want you to eat 2 cups of just vegetables as a side for dinner plus the 2-3ish cups of entree. In my personal opinion, if your stoma is big enough to pack that down, you've gone a little too far and it's time to shrink it again and start over.