Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'Sup dudes. Any car guys here?

First of all I'm a noob on here. Just found this sub forum on accident. It's awesome that this is here.

Okay, well I haven't had the surgery yet. I've already had the consult, now I am waiting to get the upper GI, and the psych clearance. I have PPO insurance, so the only question the doc told me is whether or not I have to do the 3-month diet. I'm being proactive and doing it anyway figuring it's going to take a few months for the upper GI, and for the insurance company to figure out if they are going to approve it without the 3-month diet.

Enough with the intro. So are their any car guys on here? I'm in my early thirties, but I've owned thirty cars so far. Nope, not rich, just get bored with them, sell 'em and get something different.

My toy car is a stage-3 Dodge SRT-4. Haven't taken it to the track because I need a new clutch. I guess thats the problem with putting around 350 foot-pounds of torque into the stock clutch does :)

I am making an informal agreement with myself. When I get to my goal weight, going to look into getting me a used Lotus Elise. My buddy has an Exige S, and it is phenomenal. Got to drive it for about 2 hours on a closed track (Streets of Willow) and :):thumbup::drool:

Best part about the deal, is that the car forces you to stay in a healthy weight. I actually had my wife snap pics of me struggling to get in and out of his car (I have a bad back as well). I figure when I get to the right weight, it will be easy enough for me to use as a daily driver.

Ok well this was long enough...I'll pass the gas can...Who's next, what do you got under the hood? :car:

Gotta love cars! I have had plenty as well as a few motorcycles! a few camaro's, 72 challenger, 88 mustang convertable w/ 347 stroker that was supercharged. Now I am driving a 07 roush mustang roadster stage 3, #74 of 100. its pushing 420 hp. I like faster cars.

what is great is we can go faster at the track when we lose some weight. estimate 1/10 sec per 100 lbs we lose! :thumbup: I havnt been to the track w this car and dont plan to.

Thats awesome guys. Most of the cars I've had ran fuel injection, so none of the really-cool musclecars or imported track toys.

That Rousch sounds awesome. I had an '89 LX 5.0 for a few years. I bled chevy blue, but after two Camaros, I was sick of the 305 that had no power (And I refused to drive an Auto so the 350 was not available). I loved my mustang. Never had so many impromptu races. I ended up getting two more Camaros afterward, a 94 Z28 with an auto (Ended up giving it to my wife) and I had another 94 Z28 with a Corvette Grand-Sport cam in it, 4.10 gears, 6 speed, and a few other small mods. I never ran it, but the guy I bought it from ran it, his best was about a 13.2 @ 110 mph. It had a lousy 60' time, but the 7-5/8" rear housings are no where near as strong at the 8.8 the mustangs have.

I sure am liking the new 2011 with the Coyote engine.

Yeah I can't wait to loose some weight. I went through a lot to lighten my srt-4, can't weight to do the "driver" mod and drop quite a bit of weight on it.

I would like to be. I love cars and used to trade them like underwear. Favorites were newer cars (93 Camaro Z28 and a 96 Impala SS before they ruined it). I have two Lincoln Continentals now that I want to restore, a 66 convertible and a 64 hardtop. At some point I hope to have the time and money to do them!

G'day Gentlemen,

I'm a car guy too and my family are all motor-heads, influenced by my dad who is 74 and still races in road-course events. I've owned a 1970 Ford Capri with a 350 Chev / Turbo350 combo, it went like stink but didnt like corners at all. Then there was a Brock Commodore ( I realise you guys wont know about these cars from down here ) and then an ex-police interceptor Commodore, all V8 powered. I've now got (ahem) a Hyundai i30.....please dont laugh! I've taken it to the track a few times and had a ball but the power to weight ratio is shot to hell with me in the drivers seat. I too have made a deal with myself to buy something cool as a reward for reaching my goal weight but I havent decided what it'll be yet. I intend to compete in a road rally called " Targa Tasmania " one day so it will have to pull double duty.

I have a website for my very amateurish motorsport photography so have a look if you want at ....

Flickr: racin jason's Photostream

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journeys.

Jase

I have a 1966 Thunderbird with a 428cj engine,345 hp stock. It was given to me by my uncle who had no place to store it after it was left to him by my grandfather. Its in great shape, its been stored on a heated garage since 1968 when my grandfather bought it with 11000 miles, it now has 40000 miles. Its been stored in my garage for about 3 years now, I dont have the time or money to get it on the road. It needs carb work and painted(my uncle had it restored in 1987 but it was a poor job). Its an old mans car the way it sits, I want to make it more of a muscle car, headers, flowmaster, new 4-barrel carb, bigger cam, wider sport tires and rims, fancy paint job. Im not concerned about keeping it stock, I will never let it go, it has too much sentimental value! God I wish I had the money I would love to get it on the road! Its easy to forget about being stashed away in my garage! Ive always been a sports car guy. Ive had Mustangs, mainly Camaros, 1970 1/2 z28, 1977 camaro rs, 1980 camaro z28,1991 Camaro rs, 1980 Mustang Cobra with 2.3 turbo-charged engine, believe it or not it was very fast but alot of vacume problems. The funniest thing was I always loved these cars but never kept them long. My uncle told me they where novelty cars. I traded my 1991 Camaro on a 1995 pick-up truck because my friend who was a truck person told me I wouldnt want to get rid of a truck as fast as my sports cars. The truck(4x4) was the first vehicle I paid off and kept until it rusted out and no longer passed inspection. I think it was the security of 4 wheel drive because too this day I still drive 4x4s or awds, Santa Fe, Subaru Outback!

Edited by loserbob

Currently in the process of building a 95 Miata with an LS2 from an 06 GTO stuffed in to it. Also has a 3.42 gear IRS from an 08 CTS Cadillac and a complete custom suspension and many other goodies to numerous to list. Should run fine- I have built many cars with a passion for putting engines that are BIG in to little cars, like a Shriner! There just is no replacement for displacement!

Currently in the process of building a 95 Miata with an LS2 from an 06 GTO stuffed in to it. Also has a 3.42 gear IRS from an 08 CTS Cadillac and a complete custom suspension and many other goodies to numerous to list. Should run fine- I have built many cars with a passion for putting engines that are BIG in to little cars, like a Shriner! There just is no replacement for displacement!

THATS INSANE! AWESOME.:):lol::puke:

You guys should look for some videos of our "Woodward Dream Cruise."

It takes place just N of Detroit and guys bring out all kinds of stuff from miles around. Even tonight there is a classic car show up the street from me with all kinds of radical stuff. I'm talking classic muscle cars fully blown and tubbed out. Guys really get into it here.

I'll be putting my money into a nicer boat myself.

You guys should look for some videos of our "Woodward Dream Cruise."

It takes place just N of Detroit and guys bring out all kinds of stuff from miles around. Even tonight there is a classic car show up the street from me with all kinds of radical stuff. I'm talking classic muscle cars fully blown and tubbed out. Guys really get into it here.

I'll be putting my money into a nicer boat myself.

Haha well you know'd I'd have some detroit in my veins....I grew up in Rochester Hills before I moved to the other hot-rod heaven. I was actually there for a few woodward cruises, not to mention the hot rod power tour of heck, over a decade ago. Used to troll around gratiot as well just to see the cars. When I was young and stupid, had most of my impromptu street races on mound road. Nice and flat, nice and long, and a Christmas-tree every mile or so.

My buddy's dad had a '32 ford Vikki with a buick turbocharged 3.8 engine in it. His friend had a T-bucket with a twin-turbo 502 big block. I sadly never got to ride in it, but his dad recalled its' ability to "roast" the slicks at 45 mph. I had a high-school friend that had a Dodge dakota he stuffed a 360 in (This was before the R/T came out in 1998).

Nothing like a big engine in a small car. I want to take the turbo engine in my srt-4 and put it in a toyota mr2 spyder. They are both driven by transverse transaxles, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I figure if I remove all of the convertible components and get rid of some of the silly weight-adders (Spare tire, smaller battery, window glass, etc) I can get it under 2000 pounds, but still have around 340 ft/lb of torque at the rear wheels. Should be interesting........Ahhhh if I only had the space to store all of my "creations"

You want to see some insanity search youtube for "gixercart."

They put an engine from a GSXR in a go cart. Insane!

A few years ago there was the "Tomahawk", a V10 powered motorcycle with a very unusual dual-strut front & rear wheel set up.

I had a buddy MANY years ago, that spent his entire pay check over many months, perfecting his 39 Pontiac 2 door business coupe, with an ultra-maxxed carbed Big Block Buick. I swear his carb intakes seemed big enough to sit down and take a full reclining bath!

His standard challenge was that he would scotch tape a $100 bill to the dash. If you could reach forward and remove it without tearing while he was in his acceleration demo stretch, you could have it. If you failed....you bought the gas for the evening.

I scoffed. I tried. The cruise that evening was was worth what it cost me.

My dad had a 65 GTO conv. He told me he used to do that also!

A few years ago(late 90s) there was a motorcycle called a Boss Hoss. It had a Chevy 350 and did 0-80 in 3 sec! I pulled up next to a guy who owned one and thats what he told me.

My dad had a 65 GTO conv. He told me he used to do that also!

A few years ago(late 90s) there was a motorcycle called a Boss Hoss. It had a Chevy 350 and did 0-80 in 3 sec! I pulled up next to a guy who owned one and thats what he told me.

He also told me it had "4 on the floor, 5th under the seat"!

I know this is an older forum - but I'm a newer member so maybe I can rejuvenate it - plus I'm a total gear head.

I'm currently driving a BMW M5 (actually stored for the winter) - it is crazy fast. V10 - over 500hp and is like Jekyl and Hyde. Plush if you want it - crazy Ferrari fast if you need it (and I seem to need it a lot).

Anyway - on all the car forums I'm on - we list the car's we've got/had in our signatures.

Anyone else have a "newer" muscle car?

I failed to attain 'muscle car freak' status long ago....although there was a particular Boss something-or-other Mustang from the early 70s that was tempting.

Street rods, classic heavy metal and farm trucks have occupied way too much of my attention.

Of late, motorcycles-sports cars-blonds have been replaced with lawn tractors-rototillers-4x4s.

Such is life.