Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I was banded on 6/22/10! YAY!!! Right now I am on a Protein mushy diet. I'm running out of things to try and am getting bored! I'm actually craving vegetables!!! Anyone have any suggestions? I have 5 more days on mushy protein, and then I move to protein for 2 months. So I need to get some new ideas!!! Thanks!

I eat a lot of chili from wendy's still...as it is an easy Protein and YUMMY. I sometimes have trouble with hamburger patties, but for some reason the burger in the chili doesn't bug me - and it is full of good things!

Hormel 98 percent FF turkey chili. i also melt a bit of FF cheese on top.

My Ricotta Mush

1/2 cup FF ricotta

minced garlic

Tomato sauce

a little FF or LF mozzarella

warm in oven or microwave.

Reduced fat Parm on top.

Like the filling to stuffed shells sort of. My fave of all mushy Protein.

1/2 cup FF refried Beans, 1 ounce shreded low fat colby jack cheese, a sprinkle of cumin and micro 1 minute until bubbly.

I'm surprised that you aren't allowed veg. Mushy veg are easy to eat and really good for you. I survived on mashed pumpkin, carrots, Beans etc. Can't imagine not being allowed to eat them!

Thanks for all the great recipes! I'm definitely going to try those! I wish I could have veggies!

Spinach (or broccoli) Souffle

3 TB. butter or margarine of your choice

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup Water

2 TB. flour

2 pkgs. chopped spinach, thawed. (broccoli can also be used)

1 8oz. jar Cheez Whiz Light (processed cheese spread)

3 egg whites and one egg yolk, beaten

salt and pepper to taste.

Recipe

Saute onion in butter or margarine of your choice.

Add flour and Water.

Stir well.

When thick, add cheese and stir.

Add spinach and stir.

Remove from heat.

Take a little of the mixture and mix into the beaten eggs to 'temper' them so they won't curdle the mixture.

Add the rest of the beaten eggs. Stir well to incorporate the eggs.

Pour into greased casserole or souffle dish (2 quart). Bake 350F 45 minutes.

Crab Imperial by Iwokeupfat

1 (1lb can) jumbo lump crabmeat

1/2 cup light mayo

1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. dry mustard

1 egg, beaten

1 TB minced onion

1 TB minced red or green pepper

1 TB butter or margarine of your choice

Saute minced onion and green pepper in small pan until soft.

In a separate bowl mix mayo, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, beaten egg and Old Bay seasoning. Add onion and green pepper mixture and mix to combine all.

Slowly FOLD in jumbo lump crab. Fold lightly so you don't break up the lumps.

Spoon into custard cups that have been sprayed a little with cooking spray. Bake in oven at 350 Degrees F. for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

I have my pen and paper and writing these down as well! I go from my post op on Wednesday and hopefully move up to mushy foods and these sound fantastic! I am so glad I googled and found this website. Thank you all!

Greek Yogart 2x the protien of regular its my Breakfast of choice just about everyday

For veggies, I got some of the just for one frozen cauliflower and cheese, cooked it well, then mushed it up. Also, I've been making chicken salad. I get the pre-cooked chicken for convenience sake and blend it up good with light mayo, grapes and apples. Currently, I'm enjoying some sloppy jose made with ground chicken. (without the bun of course) I just cook 1 lb. ground chicken (in the past I always used beef, but the chicken is just as good!) with a can of Tomato Soup, a small jar of salsa, topped with some shredded mexican cheese. My entire family loves it.

I've also been eating a lot of greek yogurt and cottage cheese w/fruit. (Breakstone makes 100 cal. cottage doubles with pureed fruits)

It's been tough, but I'm trying to be creative and make it work :thumbup:

All of these ideas sound great! I've never tried Greek yogurt but I think I'm going to pick some up! My wonderful hubby is making a slow cooked roast in the crock pot today so that way I will have something different for the next couple of days!!! He's such a peach!!!:thumbup: