Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Birth control and weight pleateau??

I've been on monnessa 28 for about 2-1/2 weeks now- so far I've only noticed a host of nausea and despite having a well functioning band, a constant gain an loss of the same 2lbs. I'm waaaaay before goal and have only been banded about 4 months and this no loss is new to me! I've always seen the scale move a couple to few pounds a week till now. Are their any females or knowledegble males (=] that might suggest something. Oh and I should mention that I'm not on it for the actual birthcontrol, I have pcos and it's used in the treatment of... Thanks everyone I advance

Is this the first time you've been on birth control? I take ortho tri-cycle lo, which is just a lower dose of the ones you are on, and I haven't really noticed a difference.

yes, this is my first time in almost 11 years......i'm unsure what all i can try since my insurance is through my job.....i work as a nurse in a cathloic faith based hospital and they don't believe in birth control even for the regulation purpose, so some how they maganed to leave that med out of their coverage! so all the expense monthly speaking will come out of my own pocket....mononessa is only 27 a month, but any more than that and i just can't see it being worth it, especially since i just need it for regulation =( i can ask about the low dose tho, so thanks alot for your insight

My insurance won't pay for my pills either. I am a nursing student and I'm not working right now, so I can't afford to pay for them. So I just went to the health department and got them. Maybe you could do that? They gave me a years supply for like $40.

I've been on monnessa 28 for about 2-1/2 weeks now- so far I've only noticed a host of nausea and despite having a well functioning band, a constant gain an loss of the same 2lbs. I'm waaaaay before goal and have only been banded about 4 months and this no loss is new to me! I've always seen the scale move a couple to few pounds a week till now. Are their any females or knowledegble males (=] that might suggest something. Oh and I should mention that I'm not on it for the actual birthcontrol, I have pcos and it's used in the treatment of... Thanks everyone I advance

I hear you. I am in the same position. I was banded March 24th and was doing great. I have had to fills for a total of 5 cc's and stopped loosing weight. I have been at the same weight for almost 4 weeks now and I keep playing with 2-3 lbs. up and down. I am getting very depressed and disgusted. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am eating around 1000 cal. per day give or take 50 cal. I just scheduled my 3rd fill for next week, a week earlier than scheduled. I feel I am doing this on my own, with no restriction. If you find the answer please let me know, I'm about ready to jump off the bridge. Thanks for listening. Eileen