Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddy wanted, any May 2010 Banders?

Hello every one! I am banded may 5th and the most I lost was 32 lbs. but recently I been cheating and eating everything and basically i can eat ANYTHING. I might have gained most of what i lost , I don't weigh lately for the fear of disappointment. I hope to find a buddy to work with me through this process. i am open to anybody. Pls Help.

Sibom

Hello every one! I am banded may 5th and the most I lost was 32 lbs. but recently I been cheating and eating everything and basically i can eat ANYTHING. I might have gained most of what i lost , I don't weigh lately for the fear of disappointment. I hope to find a buddy to work with me through this process. i am open to anybody. Pls Help.

Sibom

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. That's a great loss right off the bat. Get back on that scale... check your weight and get back to basics today. You've done well. You can do it. Use the band properly... It won't fail you. Why go through the surgery ... you at least have to meet it half-way. It's not a fix all .. cure all. We need help through this journey.

I was banded May 3 and am struggling. I've had one fill and am hungry all of the time.

Be strong. You can do it. My email is my name at hotmail if you'd like to talk.

Get back on the scale! It doesn't help to avoid things. Maybe you didn't gain as much as you think. If you did gain, start back at square one.

I was banded May 10 and I've lost almost 37lbs. I'm not hungry between meals so no fill, but my weight has been going up and down recently. Guess I'm hitting that plateau.

Get back on the scale! It doesn't help to avoid things. Maybe you didn't gain as much as you think. If you did gain, start back at square one.

I was banded May 10 and I've lost almost 37lbs. I'm not hungry between meals so no fill, but my weight has been going up and down recently. Guess I'm hitting that plateau.

+1....Even if you gained some back, just remember that its easier to loose the weight now than before the procedure.....as for cravings, I get them too...but I DRINK Water to fill me up until mealtime to fend it off. It helps, trust me!

WOW!!

I feel so far behind :thumbup:

I was banded on 5/6/2010 and hv only lost 18lbs. I have had 2 fills and am now at 7.4 ccs in a 14 cc band.

thats abit discouraging.

BUT im not gonna give up and neither can you! :smile2:We are all in this together. I agree with the others. Get back on the scale and get back on track TODAY. :smile2:

Thats the beauty of the band... It will start working with you as long as you work with it! :smile2:

Im alsmot at my sweet spot. I cant wait for this weight to start falling off.

Hang in there. Message me if I can help in anyway :biggrin:

I was banded on May 3rd and have only lost 26lbs so far and the scale has not moved at all in over a week and a half. I am also frustrated but I keep moving a head the gym 5 days a week and eating well, sometimes cheating slightly but still staying within my calorie limits. You need to start fresh today and get the weight loss moving again. You have to weigh yourself to know where your starting from. You have a ton of support from all of us. Anytime you need some motivation you can contact any of us... Good luck, you can do it.

Thank You sooo much guys. I was overwhelmed with your responses. I was so not expecting it. It's my first time to talk to someone abt my journey( only me and my husband knew abt the surgery). I am relieved. I went to see my surgeon today and got a 1cc fill. total= 4.5. I will be on liquid diet for 1 day then smoothies after. I can feel a little bit of restriction so I am being in a positive mode. And yes! i did weight my self, total weight lost:28.6 gained 3.4 lbs from my high 32.but I am not complaining at all. Thank You so much. I will keep in touch.

I was banded May 4th had a fill on June 9th of 2.5 cc, and am a bit hungry at times and eating more than I should at times, but trying to eat the right foods low calorie and started working with a personal trainer whos kicking my but !! I have lost 35 lbs and my weight fluctuates d/t Fluid and hormones. Stay strong you will be great!!

Good Luck!!

I was banded on May 6, have lost total 32 lbs as of first fill on Jun 17. Am not feeling restriction yet and having no problems eating or drinking, at least I'm getting all my Protein and Water.

At fill, I was told probably not feel much restriction until next fill or two - but as long as I making healthy food choices - not to worry too much about the scale right now.

Banded May 5th and have lost 47 so far. 32 was preop though...

I stay in touch with a few May 5th bandsters, if ya wanna join, lemme know!~

I was banded on May 11th and have lost 45lbs. I go in for my first fill today....the Dr said I am going to get 6CCs in a 10CC band. That seems rather high compared to other posts I have read on this site. My biggest demons are chips, nuts and drinking liquids during meals. I love spicy foods and this has proven to be very difficult...I see the band as solely a tool and only weigh myself once a week. Its frustrating if you try to weigh everyday. I have had weeks where i have actually gained so I just try to hit the gym even harder to make up for lost weight. When i feel weak i think about the surgery/recovery and pain i went through during that time...it helps me realize I didnt go through all of that for nothing...much less the money spent on surgery!

Good luck!

1297693.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Edited by Dpick79
link

All of you guys are doing such a great job I wish I could do the same, Since I started soft foods I gained 3lbs from the 5lbs I had lost from surgery date May 25,2010. I have been eating the Protein and drinking my Water. I did go off my insulin and now only taking oral meds for my diabetes which is supper. So get me some tips please :thumbup::)

Banded May 4th and today two days ago I was 214. Today 215 and I am sure tomorrow, either the same or 214 again.

I KNOW I am ready for another fill already so I feel ya here.

Hang in there. Keep watching what you eat, make good choices and get back in the game. I had a piece of the super thin crust pizza (supreme with all the veggies) and that was my splurge for the week. It was heaven but I made sure I walked an extra half hour and kept my exercise up.

Its so easy to get into the mindset that if it goes down you can eat it. Well, next fill, I may not be so lucky so better to just eat right now than pay later right?

Hang in there and anytime you want to vent or talk, message me!

I am glad you are getting back on track, I am like alot of the May Banders that reply to you. I was banded on the 17th and have had one 2cc fill. My weight has been at a stand still and I am hungry all the time. I work out 1 hour a day.

When I really get discourage I look at all the successful photos of other banders and I want to one day join them. We are all here to support each other as we know more than any one the pain that is associated with our excessive weight.

:ohmy:

I was banded May 19th- so far no fill, but hopefully that will change on the 7th, I am down 20 lb, But, it is not easy. Hopefully it will get easier once I get a fill. I am looking for friends and support.

The thing I started to keep me in check was weight watchers. I know it's lame and I couldn't

do it before. But the band makes me able to follow WW