Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Bugg vs Fit Bit ....

Looking at them both ..

Any input ???

I have never heard of "Fit Bit" but Bodybugg has a cheaper clone called "GoWear Fit" that is made by the same people.

My mom has the FitBit and I have the BB. She works out much less than me and really is most interested in her sleep patterns. From what I understand, the FitBit does more with tracking sleep, how many times awakened, etc. and you don't need to pay to use their website.

There is a woman on the BodyBugg product page on Facebook named Elizabeth Sherman and she is a MAJOR BodyBugg advocate (and sells them cheaper than Apex). She did a comparison of the FitBit and the Body Bugg on her blog: Ambassador of Wellness

If you go to www.elizabethsherman.com, you will also see the different BodyBugg bundles you can buy if you choose to go that route. She is selling the BB with the display for $235! I got mine for $278!!

Anyway, lots of luck, Bobbie! Let us know what you decide!

I should be receiving my Fitbit tomorrow (Hooray!). I chose it over the Bodybugg for several reasons. I read the Ambassador of Wellness comparison several months ago and really liked her honesty about the two devices.

The main reason I chose the Fitbit was bang for my buck. For just under $120 ($99 + $18 tax & shipping) I get a pretty nice, feature rich, device that will help me track my steps, activity level and sleep patterns. I don't have to pay a monthly subscription fee to use it, nor pay extra for a display. It is also very small and will upload the collected data automatically (wirelessly) whenever I pass by the charging station.

Once I get it and start using it, I'll let you know how much I really like it. :scared2: There is a Fitbit forum located on their website. You do have to register in order to have access.

I just got my fitbit yesterday! I did research on both and found that for the price the Fitbit did a lot more and I also like how small it is. =) Anyone that has a fitbit want to be friends on the website?

please do keep us ported on the fitbit, I am thinking about buying one and would love to know what you think.

Thanks Brenda

I should be receiving my Fitbit tomorrow (Hooray!). I chose it over the Bodybugg for several reasons. I read the Ambassador of Wellness comparison several months ago and really liked her honesty about the two devices.

The main reason I chose the Fitbit was bang for my buck. For just under $120 ($99 + $18 tax & shipping) I get a pretty nice, feature rich, device that will help me track my steps, activity level and sleep patterns. I don't have to pay a monthly subscription fee to use it, nor pay extra for a display. It is also very small and will upload the collected data automatically (wirelessly) whenever I pass by the charging station.

Once I get it and start using it, I'll let you know how much I really like it. :scared2: There is a Fitbit forum located on their website. You do have to register in order to have access.

I have a Bodybugg....I LOVE IT. It works really really well so long as you actually do what you are suppose to do. =)

I read hundreds of reviews on Amazon about each of them, and I have also chosen to go with Fitbit for the same reasons others cited: cheaper initial cost, does more, uploads wirelessly, free access to data on website. The key to BodyBugg is, like Lady said, you have to use it right. That means that if you are sitting in a chair but moving your arms, it counts you as moving whereas since the fitbit clips onto your pocket, it doesn't. Others said that when the BB is used for sleep, if you're laying there awake and not moving, it records you as sleeping even though you're wide awake. None of the Fitbit users complained of that.

I read hundreds of reviews on Amazon about each of them, and I have also chosen to go with Fitbit for the same reasons others cited: cheaper initial cost, does more, uploads wirelessly, free access to data on website. The key to BodyBugg is, like Lady said, you have to use it right. That means that if you are sitting in a chair but moving your arms, it counts you as moving whereas since the fitbit clips onto your pocket, it doesn't. Others said that when the BB is used for sleep, if you're laying there awake and not moving, it records you as sleeping even though you're wide awake. None of the Fitbit users complained of that.

Before you spend any money, make sure you also look at the Bodymedia.com bluetooth armband. The same company that makes Bodybugg makes the BT armband, but it does a lot more. The "move your arms" thing you described does not happen with the Bodymedia armband I own. It also measures "laying down" vs. "sleeping" for your inactive time. It knows the difference. And the entire settings are adjustable to suit your exact use and lifestyle, so you can get a very accurate read. It's very adaptable. I've worn mine about six months, and I have no complaints.

Dave

I got to the point where I totally don't trust my polar HR monitor. It is like 6 years old and has been giving me false HRs or even 00 for a HR. I'm not dead! LOL. I didn't really have the money to buy a new one, so I just bought a BodyMedia fit with bluetooth, so I can use my phone with it. I can't wait for it to get here. I really hope it works as well as people say and I can do better with my weight loss. I've been stuck since I gained a pound on vacation.

Edit 8/16. Got an e mail from the seller stating they made a mistake and theirs isn't bluetooth so they would refund my money if I wanted so I got my money back and I'm back to square one looking for one. I'll give eBay a few more days before I suck it up and buy it on Amazon

I've had my FitBit since they've been released (I'm actually on my second one now). They do more than enough to keep you on track. The website is great - and FREE. And you aren't signing away your life, photos, etc. by joining the site.

I strongly suggest the FitBit, $99 at REI or online. If you don't like it - sell it. They sell for nearly the same amount on eBay even used.

I got to the point where I totally don't trust my polar HR monitor. It is like 6 years old and has been giving me false HRs or even 00 for a HR. I'm not dead! LOL. I didn't really have the money to buy a new one, so I just bought a BodyMedia fit with bluetooth, so I can use my phone with it. I can't wait for it to get here. I really hope it works as well as people say and I can do better with my weight loss. I've been stuck since I gained a pound on vacation.

Edit 8/16. Got an e mail from the seller stating they made a mistake and theirs isn't bluetooth so they would refund my money if I wanted so I got my money back and I'm back to square one looking for one. I'll give eBay a few more days before I suck it up and buy it on Amazon

Jess, have you tried these links? I don't know your budget, but it may be worth checking out: (First two are not Bluetooth, but the third and fourth are.)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=CBC31739EA37CC9FA5B651662641174E.bbolsp-app01-01?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=8391147181257197764&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=bodymedia&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

also

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11596707&search=bodymedia&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search〈=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=bodymedia&Ntt=bodymedia&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial

BT version:

http://www.amazon.com/BodyMedia-Armband-Weight-Management-System/dp/B0049POHK6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313785108&sr=8-2

And this one is the Bodymedia website itself. Includes a free Smart phone, too:

http://www.bodymedia.com/Shop/Armband-Packages/Armband-BW-Activity-Manager

Dave

I ended up buying it on Amazon wenesday. Has been shipped and should be here Monday. I'm hoping it gives me some good info to kickstart my losing again. Got the Bluetooth one

I have the Fit Bit and love it. I only have to charge it once a week and it is easily hidden. In fact, I do not know anyone who has even seen it! I like the little flower because it tells me how I am doing as well as the distance I walked. The website also tells me how active I have been which is great! I also log my food in there as well!

I ended up buying it on Amazon wenesday. Has been shipped and should be here Monday. I'm hoping it gives me some good info to kickstart my losing again. Got the Bluetooth one

I have the Bodyedia Fit BT version as well. Love it a LOT! After you get yours, let me know if you have any questions.

Dave