Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss After the Baby

I had my baby 3.5 months ago and I really thought the baby weight would be coming off so much quicker than it has. I gained 40 pounds with my pregnancy and still have another 32 to lose.

My band is *finally* starting to get to my sweet spot after 3 adjustments. I'm scheduled for another one in 3 weeks and hopefully, that will put me at my sweet spot. Can anyone share their anything that worked for you post-baby? Did you notice that your metabolism changed? Or, it is slowing from lack of sleep?

The first time I lost my weight, I had all the time in the world to get to the gym and am on a much tighter schedule this time (obviously!). Between working full time, 4-6 hours of sleep a night, taking care of the little man, seeing my husband - I have to find some time to take care of me.

Thanks in advance, ladies!!!

Bump. I know I *cannot* be the only one in this situation. You moms with success stories, please share!

So far at the baby being 4 months i have lost 56 lbs. Most of this i can attribute to breastfeeding; i just started working out about 2 weeks ago & have noticed that that is really working well too ..... along with adjustments. { i have had 3} and this seems to be the possible sweet spot for me as i now reaaalllyyy notice the restriction.

OMG... I've been looking for a thread like this FOR THE LONGEST! I'm six months post pregnancy and have YET to get to my sweet spot. For one thing, my fill tech just wont fill me. Not sure what her issue is. Anyway, I really want to know what are the best foods to eat to get back on the bandwagon. I feel like i've TOTALLY forgotten what to do, now.

ae

:thumbup:

I am really struggling with getting the weight off!! My lil man is almost 7 months and I have had 1 fill. I lost 10lbs after that fill now with the holidays I have managed to put those back on. It was so much easier before, I had lost 103lbs before getting pregnant and gained 60lbs. My lap band surgeon completely emptied my band as soon as I found out I was pregnant, he was afraid that my band would slip if I had alot of morning sickness. I am getting a fill in the morning, I am really embarassed to go in.

Hi Haileesmom, I too have been struggling with losing my baby weight. I gained back all of my lost weight (65 lbs) during my pregnancy and then gained 15 more after she was born while I was dealing with breastfeeding problems. I was really ashamed when I went in for my fill at 9 weeks postpartum. It went fine though, I lost 10 pounds but now have been kind of lingering at the same weight. Don't be embarrassed to go for your fill. That is what the band is for, if we didn't need it we wouldn't have it. Right? I should probably go in for another small fill, but the truth is I've been eating too fast (you know shovel it in with the baby in squirming in my arms) and getting a little stuck here and there... I don't know I would love to hear how you do and maybe from some other moms who got back on track after getting WAY off track....

Hi Smartiegirl, This is Haileesmommy ( I finely remembered my original username) Well after a long lecture on how I have to work the band and almost not giving me fill because I didn't bring in my weekly weight charts, he finely gave in and gave me one. I had a break down while I was there when I was telling him about why I hadn't been working the band. My Little man was born with Down Syndrome and with that has come alot of worry and stress and some other personnal issues in our family the band and my weight loss was not my biggest concern, so because of all that he said that he was giving me a get out of jail free card. I have to bring in my weight charts and show that I am working the band and sticking to the band rules or he will not give me another fill. The more I thought about it after I left there, he was right, why keep filling me if I'm not going to give it 110%, he knows that I know how to work it with my previous weightloss success. Sorry I unloaded on you, I needed to vent.

I have been doing the same thing you have eating to fast and not chewing my food as much as I should. My Little girl used to tell me to chew chew chew and when you think your done chew some more. She told me today that she would remind me everytime we sat down to eat. She is my little food police (she is almost 7). Let me know how you are doing on your weightloss journey. Cogradulations on your Little one

HI

This is my first post, Ive just joined today.

I had my baby 10mths ago and actually lost weight while pregnant but have put all that on and more since I had him....not sure how to get it off again. I didnt have any empties of my band while pregnant, just carried on.

I need some motivation :-)

HI

This is my first post, Ive just joined today.

I had my baby 10mths ago and actually lost weight while pregnant but have put all that on and more since I had him....not sure how to get it off again. I didnt have any empties of my band while pregnant, just carried on.

I need some motivation :-)

ME too, I was unfilled and I need to get a fill so bad I am gaining! I gained 50lbs and am down 20lbs but I am feeling very sluggish and I know I will be creeping up there AGAIN I NEED RESTRICTION!!!!!!!!!! AND I am feeling very embarrassed to even go get a fill but heck I have jsut had a baby 3 months ago so!!

Wow!!! I wish I found this forum a year ago... And I got all of you beat on time. My son will be 18 months in March and since he has been born I have only had 2 fills about 4 months apart and that was over a year ago. While I was pregnant I still had some Fluid in my band but not much so after a while I ate what i wanted and how much I wanted. I was only banded for 4 months before I got pregnant and had lost 50 pounds. My birth control failed. During pregnacy I gained almost all of it back and then lost after the delivery I was 15 pounds away from my lowest but since then I have gained again and am at a steady 245. which is 20 away from my starting weight. SO now I am at a place where I can afford my monthly fills again and this time I am excited and very nervous at the same time. Just like many of you have said, It's like I have forgotten what to do. I am also nervous about what they as in Dr. or nurse may say....but I need all the support I can get.

Hi Ladies! Halieesmom/lele, I wish I would have noticed your response when you posted it a couple of weeks ago! Eating has been such a reliable coping mechanism for me, I think its the first thing I try to do without even realizing it. Caring for a new baby is hard enough, but when your new baby has extra needs I can only imagine how stressful that must be. Sounds like your Dr. gave you a bit of tough love? If it works for you thats good! I personally don't respond well to tough love, I'm hard enough on myself! It seems to me if your already struggling not filling you would make things worse? I could see recommending a therapist, anyway I'm glad your Dr. did give you your fill. I have maintained contact with my preop therapist every couple weeks and still see her regularly. I have no idea if its helping or not, but I figure it can't be hurting.

Interesting little story I have to share. I'm an OB nurse on a tiny unit and my coworkers are like family. After my surgery they all celebrated every pound lost with me. They even threw me a onederland party, a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant! My point is they love me and care about me, that being said I can tell they are really disappointed with me gaining back all my weight. One coworker in particular saw me eating my Breakfast and the look on her face was one of complete disgust, it was just her reaction, she didn't do it on purpose. Then a few days later I saw her at a meeting and she looked me up and down and again that look of disgust. It bums me out because its like she is holding up a mirror in front of me and I really hate what I see. I haven't just let myself down, I've let my supportive friends down too. :(

Well I'm going for another fill this afternoon. I haven't been losing for a couple weeks now and I've even gained a couple of my recently lost pounds back. I know I'll get there, right?

hello all i am in the same boat.... my lil man will b 8 mths and i hav only lost bout 25lbs after having him :(... but when i 1st got the band i lost 50lbs in 5mths but then turned around and gain 70 with the pregnancy... its like i dont remember how i did it the 1st time :(... am goin back 2morro 2 get another fill... i hope dis helps plus with excercise i know i can do dis jus seem so difficult dis time around :(...

sorry for my text... i text alot so when i type i type lik if am texting faster dat way for me :)

so hav anyone succeeded after pregnancy with the band????