Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you thankful for thisThanksgiving??

La_madam

Today is the day to give thanks..

What are you thankful for??

I am thankful for :

1. The opportunity I had for the last 19 months to have my band and lose the 104 lbs I did with it regardless of my erosion

2. my son's cancer still being in remission

3. my wonderful husband and children and brother and father

4. all of you here on this board who have supported me and shown me nothing but love and compassion through my journey. couldnt of done it withoput all of you. Support is key to succes in my opinion

I am thankful for my loving and devoted husband, that we are blessed with good jobs, excellent health insurance and have a nice home. I am also thankful for my Basset hound who shows me unconditional love and devotion. I am thankful for my family and friends far away in Michigan. I am thankful for good health and my friends here on LBT. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am so thankful for my family. My husband and kids are the best. Last Thanksgiving was a pretty dark time for me because of health problems. I spent my turkey day hopped up on vicodin and valium after a back surgery. I no longer take pain free days for granted. This year feeling good is a gift, and I have my band to thank for it.

Happy Turkey Day Everybody!

There are many things I am thankful for in my life to the gods that be...

I am thankful for a healthy happy family. I am thankful for success and stability in my life. I am thankful I have a healthy happy and well adjusted pre teen child. I am thankful to be reclaiming my self esteem slowly through my weight loss surgery. I am thankful I have a happy band.

So many other things that I am thankful for year round that I don't always recognize or appreciate. I am thankful I can walk, I can see, I can hear, I can talk, I can think clearly, I can sleep, I can I can I can......etc.

I am thankful for the freedom that this country provides. I am thankful for those that fight for that freedom and am thankful for their families that support them and love them when they are away for the holidays.

And, I am thankful for my friends and my friends at LBT!

Many things, but mostly the good health of my family, without good health, the rest is not important. I'm so blessed.

I'm also happy to have my LBT family in my life, I truly look forward to every thread, every day. This site is part of my daily life.

Michelle~

1. I'm thankful you started this thread. I think it will help alot of people see what they have in life and be more greatful for it!! (I'm deffinatly greatful to you for all the suport you have given me!!

2. I am thankful to God and my wonderful family... that has given me such suport and love.

3. I am thankful that I've been given the opportunity to have such a wonderful weight loss tool that is helping me regain my health back.

4.I'm thankful to have a great job that I enjoy doing each and ever day!!

5. I'm greatful for each of you here on LBT that has helped me become a stronger person and given me so much greatly needed suport. You all have made my journey for me so much easier!!!!

I am so thankful for many things, big and small...

For having a relationship with my God; for my familys health; for my husband being capable of providing a good living for us; for my parents and Mike's parents - who are such good and commen people; for friends; for my lapband that has given me weightloss and a self esteem that Ive never had before; and for LBT, my long distance friends that Ive never met, but mean so much to me! I love you all.

There is so much. We tend to see the negative, because it affects us in the immediate now, and the positive is as invisible as the air we breathe.

The good things are always there. Gradual as the sunrise, we accept them as a given, and forget to be thankful for the treasures we have each day.

A home. A spouse. A family. A job. Health. Life. Friends.

If you have someone to love, who loves you back (including pets!) you have reason to be thankful.

I am thankful for the night, for it makes the day brighter.

I am thankful for pain, it gives greater value to comfort.

I am thankful for hardship, it makes me appreciate easier times.

I am thankful for the storm, it causes me to realize just how small I am.

I am thankful for struggle, it makes winning all the sweeter.

I am thankful for a piece of toast, because I know that to someone, somewhere, it looks like a feast.

I am thankful for all my trials and tribulations, for compared to others, mine are insignificant.

I am thankful for the demon within me who made me fat. For this was the path that led to supportive caring people with whom we share so much more than obesity.

There are so many things this year that I Extremly Thank God Above.

First my beautiful boys that includes my husband too.

I am Thankful that my kids have a roof, Hot meals and a place to call home.

I am Thankful that my Gall Bladder Surgery went well and up till now I am fine.

I am Thankful that all My Aunts got to come visit us Back in June. And I going to Texas to see them in return was a blessing.

There are so many things daily that I am Thankful for that I could go on an on but one thing comes to mind.

When I see that Sunrise it's the most because it means I get another day:)

And of course all My Lbt Friends!

This year I am so thankful for so many wonderful things in my world. I am a day or two late but wanted to add to this thread all the same. First and foremost I am thankful every day that my husband loves me and takes care of me as well as he does. He is my best freind and I am always grateful that he is here with me. Secondly, he just got reunited with his child whom he had not seen in 35 years (this past august). His son was 5 when he saw him last so now he has a wife and 4 children and they have come into our life and for that I am totally blessed. We have bonded with them totally and my husband is so very happy to have his son back. They have accepted me into their life as well. This has been the happiest Thanksgiving we have ever had because now we have a family all of our own to share these times with and it dont get no better than that! Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

"Im thankful for the weight I lost 112 pound's... For all that GOD give's me such as life! A great wife, loving kidd's and that every one is healthy!!!!!!

and a nice warm house.

And friend's like you that have pushed me at time's in guidence,and this site!!!

I only hope that you will all meet your weight loss goal's because you are all winner's for getting banded and working on your own health issue's and all the other's.

Take care most of all God bless you.

My band! My husBAND! and My family and our future little baby due July 4th 2006! (what a surprise and caused by that magenta dress)