Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Typical day on Preop diet???

That depends on your doctor. My liquid diet is EAS shakes, sugar free drink/jello and water/ crystal light and that is it.

but alot of people on here dont have to have a diet. or some have a liquid diet where you can have Soups and a small meal but, watch your carbs. So, it all depends on what your doctor wants you to do.

I am getting banded next thurs too! I am allowed to eat cream of wheat, yogurt, milk, juice and sf carnation inst bfast for Breakfast. lunch is Soup, milk, juice, sf pudding. dinner is the same. I have Snacks of either milk or yogurt in between. After dinner I have a Protein Shake or carnation inst bfast. I have to be on pre op diet for 2 wks. Thats nice you get to start yours later. I have been doing ok on it, been tired and muscles ache. It gets old, but its better than drinking shakes all day. Good luck! Hopefully you will find out what your diet consists of soon. I have lost about 7 lbs since on pre op diet in 1 wk. You lose weight, but can be exhausted.

I'm so jealous of those who get to eat food!

I drink 1 Optifast for breakfast, 1 for snack, 1 for lunch, 1 for snack, 1 for dinner. (Sounds yummy already, doesn't it?)

In between I guzzle Water. I once or twice eat sf Jello. My life saver is at night eating 2 sf popsicles. Oh and I usually eat one bowl of broth.

Enjoy!

Mine was liquid, so I had to do protien shakes and then liquid could include sugar free popsicles, broth, sugar free Jello, things like that. Soup was only the broth, so if you did chicken noodle you couldn't have the chicken or noodle, only the broth, It was difficult, you get hungry, and all you can do is drink. And we had two lunch meetings at work that week, but I managed to do it! I only cheated once by eating some Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. It got me through though! :thumbup:

:redface:I have been on Optifast since the 15th, surgery is on the 30th. I have to have six shakes per day. They aren't bad, just the strawberry is hard for me to take. I just put it in a cup so I can get it down faster. All the others I drink straight from the box. I hate Jello so that's out. I've had a couple bowls of broth when I felt I needed food. Whenever I'm hungry fortunately it's time for a shake. I am sick of them but I am taking this very seriously so no cheating for me. I will once again taste food!

you guys that get to eat food are so lucky! I have 5 shakes a day and unlimited amount of Water and thats it. I'm actually not that hungry but I'm just so tired of sweet:closedeyes: and i'm only 3 days into my diet my surgery is on july 7th

Is that the Optifast shakes 5 times a day? Im on 3 shakes and 2 cups of vegis and I struggle. Instead of struggling and blowing out every few days I wish the surgeon had told me I could add another shake.< /p>

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.Sounds like you will do great!

Is that the Optifast shakes 5 times a day? Im on 3 shakes and 2 cups of vegis and I struggle. Instead of struggling and blowing out every few days I wish the surgeon had told me I could add another shake.< /div>

mine is the same. 3 shakes, 2 cups low cal veggies.

I have to use a low carbohydrate, sugar free Protein Shake for my preop. What are the best tasting?

It does depend on your surgeon. Mine requires liquids. I was told by the nutritionist to try Syntrax shakes, it is a whey Protein Isolate shake and tastes ok as long as its mixed with non fat milk, I tried with Water and I couldn't get it down! I was told if i had to "cheat" I could have a small piece of chicken or other high protein meat with no sides! So I have cheated twice. I can also have lots of water, propel and SF popsicles. Now the other surgeon in my dr office allows his patients to be on a strict Atkins diet (that would have been nice to have real food!!) Good Luck, and I hope everything goes well for you!!