Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's the one I was on for almost 2 years, I gained 60 pounds. And my new gyno explained that one of the hormones in the shot is used to inject in cancer patients doing chemo to give them an appetite. I don't know how true that is though.

I really doubt 60 pounds weight gain was from birth control. but all peoples body react differently to things i guess. :thumbup:

I swear by the Nuva ring, I have been on it since my son was born and hes 2. My huband and I dont take precautions (condoms) and I have not been pregnant. I love that it gives you a scheduled period, you always know when it is going to come. There are two options when using Nuva ring you can use it every three weeks and change it to get 4 periods a year or you can take it out for one week and put in a new one for three more weeks. Its unlike a tampon and you can not feel it when it is in and you put it in like a tampon. My husband cannot feel it during intercourse, although some say they can and I have never had it fall out on me. No sticky mess from the patch, ( my friend is on it and gained 20 lbs in a few months) You dont have to take a pill everyday ... The shot is TERRIBLEEEEEEEEE I gained 30 lbs with diet and exercise in the only 3 months I was on it. Plus it tricks your body into thinking you are pregnant. I enjoy having a steady period because it reassures me that I am not pregnant. I am only 23 being a young mother is interesting, and I just was stressed and not wanting to get pregnant again.

I take Loestrin 24. I've been taking it since March 2009 and had my surgery in February 2010. No weight gain before or after surgery.

Depo is a no no. I was on it for five years and I gained a ton of weight. At first, I blamed my gain on my eating habits, but then I started taking phentermine pills and strict diet and excercise. I would typically lose twenty pounds in one month but would gain 13 pounds the next. I stayed on it as long as I did because I felt like it was still my best alternative because I could not afford to have a baby and I wasn't disciplined enough for pills. IUD's, I was afraid of. There of more options with less side effects today than there were 15 years ago. Sixty pound gain in two years sounds reasonable to me because I was near there myself and I was young and active and not overweight when I got on the shot.

Depo is a no no. I was on it for five years and I gained a ton of weight. At first, I blamed my gain on my eating habits, but then I started taking phentermine pills and strict diet and excercise. I would typically lose twenty pounds in one month but would gain 13 pounds the next. I stayed on it as long as I did because I felt like it was still my best alternative because I could not afford to have a baby and I wasn't disciplined enough for pills. IUD's, I was afraid of. There of more options with less side effects today than there were 15 years ago. Sixty pound gain in two years sounds reasonable to me because I was near there myself and I was young and active and not overweight when I got on the shot.

Same here. The first month I was off the shot I lost nearly 20 pounds, and I was still eating like a pig, lol.

Im wondering if the depo is causing my slow weight loss now. Im suppose to get another shot on July 1st and im wondering if I should try something different, but oh how i love my depo :-/

Im wondering if the depo is causing my slow weight loss now. Im suppose to get another shot on July 1st and im wondering if I should try something different, but oh how i love my depo :-/

I loved it too:) I loved not having menustration but it is really no good. My dad is a pharmacist and he used to tease my sister and I, saying we were pumping our bodies with steroids. I still stayed on it after I realized that he was right. I also found out that it decreases sex drive. I was uninterested in sex but could not figure out why. I watched a television documentary one day that described methods used on sex offenders to stop them from raping. An option was to give these men (yes men) depo provera shots to decrease the wanting of sex. I started wondering if it had the same effect on women. I asked my doctor and it in fact, did. I got off of the shot then. Supposedly it causes one to become sterile. Well I did not return for my shot in June 2003 and got pregnant in November 2003. Oh yes, one last thing, my breast milk never dried up from my first child during the time I was on the shot and he was born in 1998 so I had breast milk from 98'-03' but was not breastfeeding.

I loved it too:) I loved not having menustration but it is really no good. My dad is a pharmacist and he used to tease my sister and I, saying we were pumping our bodies with steroids. I still stayed on it after I realized that he was right. I also found out that it decreases sex drive. I was uninterested in sex but could not figure out why. I watched a television documentary one day that described methods used on sex offenders to stop them from raping. An option was to give these men (yes men) depo provera shots to decrease the wanting of sex. I started wondering if it had the same effect on women. I asked my doctor and it in fact, did. I got off of the shot then. Supposedly it causes one to become sterile. Well I did not return for my shot in June 2003 and got pregnant in November 2003. Oh yes, one last thing, my breast milk never dried up from my first child during the time I was on the shot and he was born in 1998 so I had breast milk from 98'-03' but was not breastfeeding.

Well i lost 4 pounds this week... soooo maybe its not the depo... idk really :-/ I think ill get one more shot and then look into my other options in the mean time. Im not ready to give it up yet! lol

Well i lost 4 pounds this week... soooo maybe its not the depo... idk really :-/ I think ill get one more shot and then look into my other options in the mean time. Im not ready to give it up yet! lol

Well at least there are lots of other options, should you decide to ever change.