Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WoW....what a week!!!! I can't wait to be off of clear liquids....UNTIL I weighed myself today. I lost 18 pounds.....I am not so hungry now!!!!! WooHoo!!!:(

Congrats on the weight loss!! I am having my surgery June 30th and I start my liquid diet tomorrow. I am not looking forward to the days following the surgery. I have to be back to work that Thursday morning. :( I am hoping for a quick and easy recovery. Thankfully I have a desk job and I can leave if I need too.

Congats!!!!

I'm having my surgery on the 22nd! I am in my second week of pre-op diet and have lost 13 pounds just on this! Although the no caffeine is KILLING me!!!! But I guess it's a little price to pay for the rewards in the end!!!

Good luck!!!!

Iwas banded wed, and i got a lot of pain on my side, i never can get thru my doc , they always busy. so far not so ecxited about this experience.

Chillax - keeping trying to get through to your doc's office. In the meantime - have you tried GasX strips?

I had (and have read that many others also have this) bad pains, related to gas/air due to the surgery.

The GasX strips helped me lots!

Congrats and Good Luck - I was banded in April 2009....and didn't get much restiriction until Feb 2010.

thank you for the reply, yes i'm on gaz-ex and yesterday i started to take liquid stool softener, just to be on the safe side. so how do you keep on the diet if you fell like u can eat anything?

I was HORRIBLE -- very difficult to keep on a low calorie diet. I was able to eat LARGE portions of everything, NO restriction what so ever. It was all will power and the FAITH that one day I would have restriction. I did NOT stay on a low calorie diet, I do NOT have good will power. BUT I did/have lost about 1 pound a week, average. And my PCP doctor and the LapBand Surgeon are happy with that.

I have restriction now and am losing about 2 pounds a week. I have gained muscle with my exercise (kickboxing and taekwondo) - so my weight loss isn't what I would have liked. But I have gone from a size 22 to a comfortable size 10. My goal size is an 8. So I don't think too much about the POUNDS but more thoughts on the SIZE of clothes I can wear.

When I look in the mirror I see the same me -- I don't see a difference - except for some of the sagging skin.

I was banded on May 27th. Until this week I was consistantly loosing and as of today I've lost 15 lbs. I had lost 18, but for some reason I have gained 3 today. I've been really frustrated today and feeling crappy.

Congrats! I was banded a week ago today as well. I lost 20 lbs on the pre-surgery liquid diet, so it will be nice to see how much I have lost post surgery. I have my post-op check up tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that this misery has been worth it!!

I will be 1 week post op tomorrow and am having an issue I hope someone can shed some light on...I definitely have restriction...but when I'm "full up top" let's say, my stomach (bottom portion) is churning and growling and having very bad hunger pangs....It's nauseating and painful quite honestly and I'm not able to get anything down/thru to alleviate the pangs. Anyone else having this? Any ideas as to what I can do? Oh...the gas gets worse as the day wears on too---to the point where I"m bloated/puffy like a pregnancy.

I think I'm having a rough time...no??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i was a week yesterday. i keep on thinking that i was crazy to do this. i still have another liquid for another week. i'm still very tired but i had to go back to work. My belly feels like there is a watermelong stuck in it. can't bend and its painful to sit or lay down...

i was thinking what did i do to myself also. it does get better. for me i recover slowly. i was banded june 7, 2010. i am just taking it one day at a time. the chat part of this site is very helpful as well. i am feeling better mentally about it now.

today, is much better! all over sudden yesterday evening, i was feeling better...whoa that was like "oh my goodness" and i went on the scale and lost some lbs too :thumbup: . so i'm still tihinking how can i eat only 1/4 cup of food per meal , after all i luv food and i hav to pack Protein n veggies in that 1/4 cup, but i'll see when i get there. Wednesday i can start eating puree food, I can't wait!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wK7vsZg/]

weight.png

[/url]

Edited by chillax

I was banded on Monday so it has been about 4 days. I am surprised how easy it is to not eat, I am just not hungry. I usually have Bagels and Lox for Father's Day Breakfast, but it looks like that is out.

My Belly is still Sore, but it feels tight like it is swollen and I am retaining Water. I have had some painful hiccups and stomach gurgling. Now that I am just liquids I think that my body is void of anything solid. I am sick of chicken and Beef broth, enough that I think they would make me queasy in my current state.

I went back to work on the third day and probably should have waited a bit longer.

Starting from the PreSurgery Diet through today I have lost about 15 Pounds. How can I get one of those Strips on the Bottom to log my Journey?

THOR

Gotta see if this works!

weight.png