Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you get unfilled after finding out you were pregnant?

Sooo glad to see all the posts on here from others that are pregnant and banded.

I was banded Oct 2009 and lost 78 pounds when I found out I was pregnant.

I am 7 weeks pregnant and had all 5cc taken out of my band at 4 weeks. I thought at the moment that it was the best thing to do but seriously I have NO restriction at all and it is worrying me! Spoke to my OB today and she says she doesn't want me to think about getting a fill for at least another month.

I definitely wouldn't get a fill right now. I was doing fine up until about a month ago. Then it got to where I couldnt get my prenatal down. I was throwing up at least once a day. I couldnt get enough food in. I was barely getting in a glass a Water a day. The unfill was the best thing for me.

I got my unfill at 6 weeks pregnant but they only took out 4cc as I had 8.7cc in my realize band and due to twins he ordered it all out but they only took half and it's as if I have no fill at all....

All of these posts have been so helpful! I am about 4 weeks pregnant, I'm 34, and am worried about everything!! lol. I am worried my port will hurt worse, worried the tube will hurt, worried my band will stretch out. I feel like I can feel the tubing. Anyone else feel that? Do any of those things happen?

I'm 16 weeks today and I don't feel any of those things. The only problem I had was my band tightened and I lost quite a bit of weight. More than 10 pounds in a month. I had 1.5 cc's taken a couple weeks ago and it made all the difference in the world!

ok so it seems that my experience is exactly opposite from all of you. i've had some restriction in my pregnancy. i was nauseous but i didn't vomit bc of morning sickness, if i ever vomited it was bc i ate too fast or it got stuck.

the past 2 weeks, however, have been crazy. i've been able to eat a lot more. during the pregnancy, i had lost 5 lbs and i swear i've gained it all back just in the past 2 weeks. anyone losing restriction? it has been a long time since my last fill (i think it was september) but why suddenly in the past 2 weeks? i'm just concerned...

Im nearly 22 weeks pregnant with 9cc in a 14cc band, i dont have an unfill, ive put on 15lbs in 15 weeks, which is spot on for pregnancy, as long as you watch what you eat, & get the Vitamins required

Hi, I'm only 8 weeks and I am so worried my baby is not getting enough nutrients. Neither of my doctors want to take liquid out of my band. So I decided to eat more small meals through out the day.

My Doc's policy is a complete unfill when you are pregnant. I was really worried about gaining weight, but I am really pleased with where I'm at. I only have 9 weeks to go and am looking forward to getting back into weight loss mode.

I am hoping to have a fill pretty much as soon as I'm out of hospital.

I had a total unfill at 12 weeks, now i am 19 weeks, and have only gained 3-4 pounds the whole pregnancy ( all of it since the unfill). I am getting really hungry all the time, and have trouble feeling full. I hope this helps, I went ahead and had the unfill b/c of nausea and severe kidney stones so I could drink alot to flush out the stones. Good luck it is great being skinny and pregnant!!

I am 9 weeks pregnant my last fill was when I was 6 weeks ( I didn't know I was pregnant). I was debating to unfill the band but, honestly I feel that I can eat well and I am lucky that I have not had any morning sickness. I got my surgery in August 2010 and Now I am pregnant. Really sucks because I was at the point where I was losing weight again, Since I found out I was pregnant and got my band filled I lost 9lbs. I was concerned that maybe it was not normal especially when I didn't suffer of morning sickness. I am soo glad to hear the different experiences,. My Ob/Gyn has no problem with me having my band tighht as long as I can eat and take my prenatals.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences this really helps and answers a lot of my questions.

Oh my am I glad I found this thread! Last week I discovered I was 8 weeks pregnant after an episode in the ER with kidney stones from dehydration. I had been vomiting for a few weeks but naively was thinking it was because of my food choices/chewing habits. I occasionally skip periods so the thought really hadn't crossed my mind. I also have a 17 year old that will be graduating high school this year so was definitely in denial also lol

I seen my surgeon last Monday & he removed all 9 cc's out of my 11 cc band! OMG!!!! I have stopped vomiting but am constantly hungry! I'm sure it's all head hunger but it is driving me crazy, literally! I consumed the calories in the last few days that I would typically eat in a week! I have no doubt I will gain all 90+ lbs I've lost by the end of this pregnancy at this rate ughhhh I am calling my surgeon Monday and pleading with him to put some of the Fluid back in my band!

I plan to try my best to keep bread out of my diet, since I tend to eat it uncontrollably without restriction but can anyone offer me any ideas to try and go at this the "old fashioned" way of dieting?

I am 19 weeks pregant and filled 8.5CC . So far I haven't had any issues with my band. If anything I feel as I can eat more than before. I do feel it tight at times and I just have to chew well or limit my food. I don't plan to unfill unless I need too.. So far I have only gained 9lbs.. But I am trying to work out, walk and keep active. Will keep everyone posted.

I am 13 weeks pregnant. I have not had any fill taken out, my lap band Dr and my OBGYN both seem to agree that I am ok to maintain for now and will only have some fill taken out if I start to throw up, have reflux issues or more issues when I am further along in my pregnancy if the baby starts to push against it or begin to have pain. So for now we remain the same. It is hard to not see the scale move anymore. I am glad that I am not gaining yet, but its like an all stop. The scale has not moved in 3-4 weeks. Not used to that. Its like my body said ok were prego and I'm not letting go of a single pound! haha I had my surgery in May 2010 and had lost about 80 pounds when I found out I was pregnant. It was a complete surprise, we were not trying, it just happened. So once we got over the shock, we are excited. I was not quite able to make my goal of losing 100 in the first year but I came close. I just hope that the weight that I do gain with the pregnancy is reasonable and I will just pick up where I left off after I deliver in Sept 2011. My OBGYN gave me chewable prenatal Vitamins and they are great! I wish my lap band dr prescribed these to all his women patients that get the band. I wish us all the best with our pregnancies and our healthy babies!! God Bless!

I had two babies with my lap band. Neither time did I get unfilled. My Lap band Dr. and Obstertrician said it wasn't necessary. My first child I lost 4 pounds and my second I gained 10.