Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When can you eat regular food after fill?

I had a 0.5 cc fill yesterday (Thurs) and I have a dinner party to go to on Saturday. I was wondering if I should bring some Soup and just eat that or would it be ok to eat regular food.< /p>

That seems to be the million dollar question... I had a fill the same day MY doc said liquids the rest of the day then advance your diet tomorrow if you are ready= I did liquids until this evening- had some pudding... so I guess that means mushy tomorrow ... BUT I have seen so many other versions of the post op diet on here.. from 4 days liquid post fill to no diet at all. What did your doc or nut say?

I know there are so many different versions. My doc says 2 days liquids and 2 days mushies. My fill was so slight I don't even notice it. I'm wondering if I have some swelling from it.

My doctor has no restrictions. I eat normal after a fill.

I have liquids day of fill (after only,) then back to regular diet provided that I "listen to my body," and "start slowly."

See that is where I am confused too, I had my first fill on Friday 3cc's and he said 5 days of full liquids, THAT IS TOO LONG.. I am starving I haven't had anything in system since Thurs. night. Then I have to do a few days full liquids then mushies and so forth. Why is everyone so different.

My doctor doesn't place any restrictions either. I'm a little suspicious of those who do. I mean, a fill is not major surgery. I've always wondered if recommending liquids for a few days is a trick to force a quick weight loss and thus encourage the patient.

i just posted about this today!! every doctor seems different!! after my fills, I have to do clear liquids 3 days, then stage I (straw diet) for a WEEK! stage II (mushie diet) for another WEEK! then stage III ("advanced mushies") for another week!! then introduce "normal food"/stage 4 the week after that!!! so basically, each fill takes a month out of my life!!! :waytogo: I'm "suspicious" too! I think my doctor is on the extreme side and he's just "tricking" me into staying on a strict diet to help me loose weight. ... I think basically, you should do what ever YOUR doctor tells you to do :(

I have no restrictions with my fills but if your doctor does then I would follow what he says to do.

My doctor says 2 days of liquids and 2 days of mushie before going back to normal eating. But I can't take that and end up having s/f pudding or apple sauce on the 2nd day and then eating soft food the rest of the 4 days. But reading on here it just depends on your doctor but it is nice to know that people have choices on what to do and what works for others so just go with what your body feels.

I have had several fills and have always been told to do liquids the day of the fill and to do mushies the next day and after that go back to foods as normal. Each doctor has his or her own set of rules on this or so it seems.:smile2:

I just had my first fill today, and my doc says full liquids for 48 hours and then go back to normal food as tolerated.

just had my 1st fill today @ lovelace....1cc...day 1: clear liq, 2: full liquids 3: mushy/soft 4: reg.......hearin belly rumble as i type...... :smile2: