Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Entering Bandster Hell??? ARGGHH!

Wow...I think I am in bandster hell!! I am now on a soft diet and am HUNGRY again!! I still am eating healthy food, but quickly get hungry after I eat!! I will be getting my first fill in my 14 cc band in 3 weeks! Hope that I can maintain a loss:smile: My surgeon had to use the bigger band because of the huge hiatal hernia that I had and he told me that it will likely take more fills before I can get to restriction. I have been walking everyday for one hour at a pretty good clip...one of my dogs is so out of shape (only 3 years old) that she has to be carried at the end of our walk lol!!

I also broke down and bought a GoWearFit and got it yesterday...not sure how much I like it yet, but will let you know.

Let's Band together to get through this rough period guys!!!

Hey - Me too! I was banded 5/19 and since May 5th lost 24lbs......but the past 2 weeks I have stayed the same - no matter what i eat. I'm eatting chicken and slim fast and Water all day but nothing else is coming off? I hope it goes faster when i get banded on 7/7. Good Luck to you!

I was banded 5/19 and have been losing much slower since starting the "real foods" again too. Just trying to keep focused and remember things like I can see my clothes fitting different too, small milestones!

Hang in there, it does get better. I was banded on May 20th, 2010. And I just started eating last week and it gets better everyday. You will do fine with your weight loss. :biggrin:

Why did your dr not repair your hiatal hernia?

I had a huge one and my dr repaired mine and then he put a

regular size band on me.

Don't forget to drink your Water, that helps with the hunger.

Good luck and God Bless.

Hi taxlady48! My Hiatal hernia was actually repaired too...sorry for the misunderstanding:) I have now had one fill and am scheduled for my second one on this Thursday. I have absolutely no restriction right now and cannot wait!!! How's everyone else doing?

HI! I'm probably driving everyone nuts responding to these threads, but I am trying to get us all motivated to share and keep our eye on the prize.

Hope all are doing well currently...

myself, I'm hungry. Water and the Chia seeds aren't cuttin it now. Only a few more days till fill 3... Hoping that will help with the hunger!

I am down 32 pounds and my second fill is Aug 18. Feeling pretty hungry but staying consistent with the eating and working out a lot is helping I think. What are chia seeds?

HI! I'm probably driving everyone nuts responding to these threads, but I am trying to get us all motivated to share and keep our eye on the prize.

Hope all are doing well currently...

myself, I'm hungry. Water and the Chia seeds aren't cuttin it now. Only a few more days till fill 3... Hoping that will help with the hunger!

i am down 32 pounds and my second fill is aug 18. Feeling pretty hungry but staying consistent with the eating and working out a lot is helping i think. What are chia seeds?

yeah,,,,,,,what are chia seeds?

HI!

I'm sorry to have thrown that at ya....

Chia seeds, the same ones used on the "Chia Pets" can be found at Whole Foods and other health food stores. I have found them in bulk at Whole Foods and buy 1/2 a pound at a time.

They are a great, natural source of Fiber (I don't know about you, but I NEED the fiber!), AND because they swell up and create a bit of a jelly around themselves, they stay in our pouches longer and help us feel full longer. I put them in my Protein shakes and things like scrambled eggs. They have no taste that I can tell, so they cause a little crunch and help make me full.

My nut says 6 tsp a day is a daily supply of Fiber. So I try to use 2 tsp at each meal.

Top 10 Benefits of Eating Chia Seeds

Wow, thats even more than I knew!