Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Somebody Help...Only on day 2 of my 2-week pre-op liquid diet and I am dyin!! Hunger pains are excruciating, and felling a little dizzy. I purchased these Protein Shakes from costco with 30 grams of Protein (160 Calories) per shake and drinking 3 per day with lots of Water in between. Not sure if it's head games or what, I know I won't break but this just dosen't feel right...Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on day three of my liquid diet and i'm not getting headaches but i'm allowed to have any full liquids I want. I was told that if you do get headaches it is from sugar withdrawl. You might want to ask your doctor. Good luck and stay strong!

i am on day 2 as well. i can have any full liquids--soup, pudding, ice cream, popsicles, milk, lite juice, etc. stuff with sugar has to be sugar free--i did have some dq vanilla softserve today, but will do my best the rest of the 2 wks since i slipped a little. Breakfast i have 1/2 c apple juice, 6 oz yogurt--no fruit or seeds, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 c cream o wheat, sugar free carn. inst. bfast. lunch is 1 c cream Soup, put in blender--no chunks, 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c juice, 1/2 c pudding. dinner is same. have 2 Snacks of yogurt or 1 c milk. after dinner is carn. inst bfast. Thought maybe i could help and give you options, if u r allowed to follow the diet I was given. hasn't been too bad, was starving 1st day though. I have been using Protein Shakes instead of carn. bfast. not too fond of fat free milk, but gotta do it. good luck. hope this helps, hang in there!

AMEN! I Hear you!!! I am on day 4 of my liquid diet. My liquid diet is: Optifast shakes 5x a day ( do not use these b/c they are way expensive) I use the ESA advanced edge carb control 2g of carbs, 110 calories, 17g of Protein, 0 sugar, 3g fat. Only $4.47 for 4. I usually have 4 a day. Any sugare free drink and sugar free Jello. That is it.

The first day was BEYOND painfull. Day two was worse!! but I am on day four and things are much better. I did cheat the first 3 days.. Just a little meal at night time. Tonight I was doing so well but, I felt really dizzy so I had a small piece of baked chicken maybe 1 oz.

I have lost 5.8lbs in 4 days. I walk a mile at night. but, yes this IS THE MOST HORRIBLE DIET EVER!!!

it is beyond hard to go from eatting ( to the point were we need the band ) to nothing. Liquids that is it!! Very hard, frustrating, and so much more.

Everyone said on here by day 4 it would be better. and mine was. I made supper tonight and I didnt even want to eat. I was just feeling so bad I had a little Protein.

Keep it up. I am fighting the fight with you. :frown:

We can do. Just think of the big picture!!! I have to keep repeating this to myself every five mins. good luck!!!

any help would be nice I start my liquid diet on this coming Monday and I am dreading it.. but it helps to know that most of you did better by day 4...:frown: it is such a help to know others are able to do this..it gives me the support I know I am going to need! Hang in there.. IT IS WORTH IT!

Somebody Help...Only on day 2 of my 2-week pre-op liquid diet and I am dyin!! Hunger pains are excruciating, and felling a little dizzy. I purchased these Protein Shakes from costco with 30 grams of Protein (160 Calories) per shake and drinking 3 per day with lots of Water in between. Not sure if it's head games or what, I know I won't break but this just dosen't feel right...Am I doing something wrong?

Aren't you allowed to even eat even just one banana during the day when the hunger is unbearable?

I haven't started my 2 week diet yet but will the first week of July. We are able to eat food for dinner and have protien shake for breakfast and lunch. After reading everyones post I think I might need to check with my Dr to make sure.

Hang in there everyone! :(

The pre- op diet sucks. When I did mine I had to do 5 opifast shakes a day nothing else. Its rough to say the least. You u will tired, hungry and headache at first. Its cause by the carb withdraw. It normal last for the first 2-7 days. But if you stick to it the symptoms will go away and you be able to get through the 2nd week no problem. DRINK lots Water between shakes. I lost 19 lbs on my preop diet and didnt gain it back. Just a jump start to your lose and remember it make the surgery go easier with a little less weight off and a smaller liver.

Good luck.... hope you feel better soon.

I lost 19 lbs on my preop diet and didnt gain it back.

Wow! This is exciting to hear, although I know it's different for everyone. I just started my pre op diet and on my 4th day. Doesn't seem too bad but only because for the last few months I've been kind of training myself to get used to what's to come.

I was wondering, since this diet is essentially to reduce the size of the liver by cutting out carbs, I have a Bariatric Advantage High Protein Meal Replacement which has 8 carbs, is this not good to use during this diet?

Wow, you only drinking 3 of those a day???? You should have 800 calories a day. These shakes do have some carbs in them. You have to have some carbs in your diet in order for your brain to function. It's the only thing it uses! I'm on Optifast 800 and can have broth, sugar-free popsicles and Jello in between and oif course crystal light type drinks and Water. That helps with the hunger. You need to drink at least 2 more of those Protein Shakes a day. In starvation mode your body won't lose the weight.

I was only actually drinking one a day in addition to all the other things you mentioned minus the Optifast. I thought I might be doing something wrong, because I'm only getting about less than 500 calories. Thanks for letting me know.

I was forced to buy a pre-op diet package from the surgeon’s office. The cost was 180.00 for 2 weeks and I have a 3 week pre-op diet so I am supposed to buy another week. The food is terrible the worst stuff I have ever put in my mouth. So I decide to start a diet of my own keeping very low sugar, carbs and fat, And around 800 cal a day. Results are 24lbs down and 6 days to go. I just wish I could keep this up so I would not need the surgery.