Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band feels tighter different times of the day

Anyone have trouble with being tighter in the mornings and evenings but okay in the middle of the day?

I am guessing what I feel in the evening is being tighter...have a hard time eating after 8:00. Thats a good thing though. Mornings are no problem other then eating too fast effects me more, could be just tighter in the morning also. New to all this was just banded Oct. 20th

I've learned that the band 'is what it is'. I'm usually tighter in the mornings and, after a fill, I don't see too much change for almost two weeks.

I was filled 1st time 11/16...not feeling any restriction yet...so sounds like there is still hope that I will. Thats a relief was starting to think this is going to be just another failure for weight loss for me.

I find if I have only a liquid for breaky and a liquid or mushy for lunch then I am super tight at dinner. If I have something more substantial during the day then I can almost eat a horse for dinner.< /p>

If I know I am going out for dinner I force myself to consume something more then a liquid or mush during the day. I dont know why I am that way but thats how my band wants to work.

I have also found that eating ice cream before a meal somehow makes it easier for me to eat something. Once I went out for dinner ( unplanned) and couldnt eat so I said I was sick so my friend got me ice cream. I ate a little and suddenly was starving and proceded to eat my dinner I couldn't eat a few minutes before :S

I usually can not eat until about 3:00 pm or later. In the morning I just drink Decaf coffee and my Water. Band is different all the tims. Took my Grandbabies to mcdonalds yesterday for lunch just had to have a bite of chicken nugget and was stuck from noon until about 8:00 pm. It did not hurt much just irritating. ut i do not slime much at all. I did all the chicken flaps and touching your ankles you name it I tried it but when I get stuck it is usually a long ordeal. Went to sleep and I guess I relaxed enough for it to go through. When I woke up later was fine. I can eat nuggets just not till afternoon. 4 chicken nuggets only 11 carbs.

Cheri

I am tighter in the morning than I am in the late afternoon. I can not eat out much since it can be quite an ordeal when I get stuck!

I have had my band for 23 months now. I had 5cc's in a 10cc band. Well it happened....I started throwing up all the time! You name it Water, ice-cream, Soup, anything and everything. I waited for 2 weeks and finally went to see my GP for blood pressure check....well dahhhh my pressure was high because I have been throwing up my pills too! So made appt. with surgeon last week and she took every cc OUT!!!! There were 5 cc's so now I am back at square one! Has this ever happened to anybody were you start over after 2 years? I am PISSED!!!! I go back tomorrow for the swallow results that I had done on Friday, the Xray doc said my band did not slip, thank goodness! I wish I could have had what my husband had done....The Sleeve, he LOVES it!!!!! I have lost 60 lbs and my husband has lost 70. I still have 20 lbs to lose, but my husband is at his limit for weight loss.

Lol, I don't know why this thread didn't come up in my first search about this topic.

Now I feel silly for bringing up that old one.

This one is just the one I needed.