Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh I know your there now.......buddy

:)

Oh I know your there now buddy.....

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the Water....

BAM!

Toasted whole wheat with lemon pepper tuna...stuck and slowly passed after a drink....

Felt it slowly lube up and pass on through with the liquids.....

I am 31 days post op and testing the waters now....and it just didnt work for me today......

ME----- 0

BAND-- 1

Note to self, toasted bread is a challenge.

(for me)

Oh yeah, the pain....the scared thought of tightness and well.....I just dont want that to happen again. Didnt throw up....so does that count for 1/2 point? LOL

Toasted sandwiches are often difficult as they involve 2 pieces of bread, try having an open toasted sandwich. I find it far easier to eat an open sandwich as it only has one slice of bread.Plus tuna can be a bit dry as well.

Remember don't give up on a food just because you have had difficulty with it once. Next time you try eating it could be very different.

I have better luck w/crackers. Not quite as portable as a sandwhich, but tastes just as good w/most stuff you would put in a sandwhich.

crackers huh, never thought to eat those instead of bread. thanks

Yep, you only get a 1/2 point if you didn't slime and throw up. Sliming is the best part of getting stuck.

Here's a little tip: Do NOT drink to get unstuck after you start getting fills. It NEVER works and only makes matters worse.

After good restriction I stay far far away from bread, toasted or not. I can do a few reduced fat wheat thins on a good day.

Yup, i"m on the wheat thin band wagon as well...bread-toasted or not, kills me but i can typically do 4-6 wheat thins with whatever on top without too much difficulty. Welcome to bandland!

I normally have 2 servings of Saltines through my day....usually with tuna and a string cheese. I do well with them for now. I also tried Wheat Thins yesterday....had to make sure I chewed well and eat slow but did ok with those too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches