Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OptiFast vs. Bariatric Advantage

Should I save the money and go with Bariatric Advantage... or is Optifast worth the money??:thumbup:

I have to be on these for 6 weeks. Thats a total of $600 if I got with OptiFast.

Optifast is worth the money!!! It's delicious.

BA taste like dirty bathwater. :thumbup:

PS. It's an awful long drive from Big Spring to Colleyville but Dr Kim and his staff are definitely worth it as well!!

Edited by btrieger

I am leaving this Sunday to head that way. My appt. is on Monday to start my class and my diet. Dr.Kim is def worth the drive. I wouldn't trust any of our "doctor" around here.

I guess Optifast it is. I just have a very hard time parting with money for myself. exspecially for drinks!! lol.

Surgery is the 29th!! Cant wait!:thumbup:

I'm not happy with BA's Protein Meal Replacements, can't wait to get through them (since I bought them).

But I love their Vitamins - Vitaband (lemon creme) and the Calcium lozenges (very cherry) tastes like a sweet tart.

I am leaving this Sunday to head that way. My appt. is on Monday to start my class and my diet. Dr.Kim is def worth the drive. I wouldn't trust any of our "doctor" around here.

I guess Optifast it is. I just have a very hard time parting with money for myself. exspecially for drinks!! lol.

Surgery is the 29th!! Cant wait!:thumbup:

If you lived closer, I'd offer to give you a package of the strawberry Optifast to try but you'll just have to take my word for it.

I did nothing but Optifast shakes for 4 straight weeks; did not cheat once and was not hungry at all.

The smallest quantity they will sell is a box of 7 for $20. Since they don't give or sell samples, you can either buy a box and try it there or take your chances and buy a couple weeks' worth.

Thanks for the offer! Wish I did live closer!!! living so far away sucks, just a bit:thumbdown:.

When Dr.Kim did your surgery... what was ur day of surgery like? shots in the stomach, hip? after surgery???

Surgery was scheduled for noon. I showed up at 11. Filled out; filled out minimal paperwork; waited in the waiting room for 15 minutes.

The brought me to a pre-op room; I got undressed; put on a johnny; they started an IV; I laid back on the bed and watched Private Benjamin.

The next thing I know, they are waking me up and handing me a small cup of crushed ice with a spoon. I ate a little of that and they had me sit up, then walk around the room a little; made me drink some barium in front of an xray machine; handed me some instructions; had me get dressed and I let.

Actually very eventless and boring. I was expecting something more dramatic.

Optifast is worth the money!!! It's delicious.

BA taste like dirty bathwater. :)

PS. It's an awful long drive from Big Spring to Colleyville but Dr Kim and his staff are definitely worth it as well!!

Ha ha, I'm glad to see someone else feels the same about the BA flavors! :tt2: I tried the chocolate, vanilla, and banana, and HATED them all :thumbup:; finally I resorted to "cheating" with diabetic Medifast shakes (which are delicious compared to BA).

Hi I live in Dallas and i wish i could sell you the Optifast shakes at a discount of course. Dr. Kim is my surgeon and i had to buy those shakes too. I didnt care for them much because i already liked a different brand Protein Shake before the pre-opt diet. What a waste of money because i didnt even drink them.

I'm going to order the starter pack from Optifast for $20. Good way to see if I like them. Here's the link if you want to try the starter pack

Weight Loss Program | Liquid Protein Diet Plan | Diet shakes | Diet Bars | Low Carb | Gluten Free