Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

am a FAILURE in my weight-loss journey

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat as you. Almost gonna me a year in July 20th .. but have only lost 30lbs. I go every month for a fill .. some times i gain like 1 or 2 lbs.. sometiems i lose .5 lbs. The dr. gets mad.. I feel a bit of restriction.. then the week before i go get a fill.. i feel like i can eat more and more..

I do not know what to do either.. I also feel like failure.

UGH.. i'm with ya!! Next week is my last fill after that I have to pay out of pocket.. :thumbup: i wanna cry...

hang in there you are not alone!

kat

I should add i struggle with the exercise thing. Just go 1 step at a time. Like every day do 1 thing. Even a 10 minute walk is more than nothing.

Also maybe hop off the scales for a bit. Concentrate on how many calories you are having and try and make sensible choices on a dad to day basis. afterall we all know a ham salad sadwitch is much healthier than a burger. When you do slip up move on it is not the end of the world!

It honestly sounds like being down on yourself is thebiggest thing. I know i ve been there!

Hi Miss.

I was banded in Sept /09 and so far i have lost only 40lbs. In the last 4 months i have basically not lost at all.

Just yeasterday i had my 5th fill and i have 7.8 CC in my band. I hope this gives me some restriction since i have had none in the last 8 months.

It has been very very difficult to give up my old habbits. I am home all the time with my 3 small kids and it seems i spend a hell of alot of time in the kitchen getting Snacks, drinks, meals ready and so i start munching without really noticing.

I am a "crunchy carb" junky!!! and i am coming to realize that i am sabotaging myself all the time. It has been really hard not to drink while i sit for a meal but i am trying.

I have not touched sodas, caffeinne and bread since the band. But im sitll eating rice, a little past and just eating between meals. I am not perfect, no one is.

THIS WILL TAKE TIME... it took me 10 years to gain 100 lbs i should not expect to loose it in 1 year.

Do not get discouraged and do not be shy to go to the Dr for a fill. you may have to hear a speech in what you should be doing.

But i believe you have to have restriction to make this work.

right now i am in liquids for a few days,, but i hope that by monday when i do to eat my lunch i will feel i cant eat much...

Good luck and CHIN up!:smile:

Vic

Maybe you just need to look at the band in a different way, Let me ask you this, would you be willing to cut down on your favorite foods?
I think Leigha is right on the money here. It's not an all or nothing proposition. You do have to make changes---but they don't have to mean eliminating the things you love.

Sometimes, you can substitute and be satisfied. Other times, you can have smaller portions of what you love And sometimes, you find that, after all the angst, you really don't miss something you thought you would after all.

Getting appropriately filled is crucial---if you're postponing appointments, ask yourself why? Is it because you're afraid of having to give up the things you love? If so, remember that the band is a tool that can help you enjoy those very things--in appropriate amounts.

I think Cocoa might also be on to something, too: treatment for depression might make a world of difference. No one should suffer needlessly.

I am not much one for 12 step philosophy but I think the day by day approach is the best. I had a bad day yesterday and felt pretty depressed about it. But today had a walk to clear my head and have resumed. One thing about snacking i read was dont eat standing up. This means everytime you go to put a snack in your mouth stop what you are doing and go sit down and chew it really thoroughly. This means you have to stop what you are doing and really focus. With hungry kids this practice will soon become a pain.

Good luck 40 pounds is still 40 pounds less than before.

I'm struggling too. I was doing really great, about 65 pound loss and all of a sudden, I turned back into an emotional eating, binging, basket case and found that i had gained 15 pounds in about a month!!! I'm trying hard to get back on track. I've eliminated all Snacks. I'm trying to stick to 3 meals a day and that is it. I'm also reading a new book "Women, food and God" Amazon.com: Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything It has been amazing so far. It is an easy read and really helps you focus on why you are eating, not what you are eating.

Make up your mind not to be a failure.............step one.

I know its a hard habit we've all had so much experience at it (Failure) dump it NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the rules its ok to be a follower.................sometimes its whats best for us !

Good luck you make the final step and make it work, You can

Just wanted to add something about anti-depressants, there are a few out there that actually curb appetite and most lose weight while taking them. Talk to your doc about it. Good luck!

Blessings, Michelle

thanks everybody for the encouraging words!!!! it means alot that there are people that care and been there.

I went in to get another adjustment- and I am feeling more restricted and focused on what and how much I eat. I lost 8 more since my last adjustment. YAY.

I am slowly adding more exercise into my routines and now I have more time on my schedule (I work at a school, so I dont work full time in the summer)

I've been telling myself if I want to go swimming I gotta exercise and sweat my a** off and then Im allowed to go for a swim- I even add an exercise into my swimming. it's helping alot. I just need to set a limit and keep going.

thank you guys for the push of motivation!

Just wanted to add something about anti-depressants, there are a few out there that actually curb appetite and most lose weight while taking them. Talk to your doc about it. Good luck!

Blessings, Michelle

Make sure and talk to your doc about which antidepressant he/she puts you on... I have been taking amiltriptyline for years and it seems to work the best on me (over the many many others I've tried over the years) but one of the side effects is weight gain and craving for sweets! That was one of the reasons my insurance approved my surgeory.

Try not to be a discouraged, you can overcome anything!:)

thanks for the suggestion but I'm not depressed nor need anti-depressant meds. :)

I dont know where this came from but I appreciate the tips and all in case in the future I'd need it. :thumbup:

Make sure and talk to your doc about which antidepressant he/she puts you on... I have been taking amiltriptyline for years and it seems to work the best on me (over the many many others I've tried over the years) but one of the side effects is weight gain and craving for sweets! That was one of the reasons my insurance approved my surgeory.

Try not to be a discouraged, you can overcome anything!:tt2:

thanks for the suggestion but I'm not depressed nor need anti-depressant meds. :)

I dont know where this came from but I appreciate the tips and all in case in the future I'd need it. :thumbup:

Oh good! I'm glad you arent suffering from chronic depression! :tt2: It makes this whole weight loss journey so much harder!