Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snack Ideas.. help!

I eat my 3 one cup meals and sometimes crave a snack, to include something sweet. I have done the apples with a tad of caramel or Peanut Butter. tried the veggie pieces but i am BORED... help... what do you guys have for small Snacks that may help me out. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and would like to pick up some new things to keep on hand.

patty

Im a chocolate loving person so I buy, sugar free pudding with light cool whip, sugar free fudgescicles, skinny cow icescream or bar...These are all desert type Snacks

But you can also have laughing cow cheese, string cheese, hummus, yogurt, cottage cheese with fruit.

I used to do South Beach so a lot of these Snacks are Sugar free of High Protein or both.

How about some almonds or walnuts? I also like blueberries or blackberries. they are low on the glycemic index... (The glycemic index (GI) is an important nutritional tool that can help people keep their blood sugar in better balance.)

sugar free pudding; Baked Doritos; Baked Cheetohs; Cottage Cheese; Frozen yogurt; etc...

It doesn't have to be bird or rabbit food. Those get old fast and we revert back to our old ways. Eat tasty stuff in moderation and try to keep the fats and sugars low.

My new fave snack is fruit...I buy a variety (grapes, strawberries, etc.), then I take them all home and get the kitchen counter ready for some prep! I fill up snack size Ziploc bags with the various fruits I've bought, and I have a huge bowl of these Ziploc baggies in my FREEZER. It's hot where I live, but it's refreshing to have cold fruit with me throughout the day! And? If you keep up with the variety thing, you'll never get bored!

I have been maintaining for the last 1 1/2 yrs and find that sugar free popsicles or SF pudding is great when you wish for something sweet. I do occasionally cheat with doritos or chips and then go back to basics the following day. Nobody is perfect, right?

I love Weight Watchers raspberry dark chocolate ice cream bars, 70 calories. Also, Cocoa dry roasted almonds,they come in a 100 calorie pack.... yum-O. I also like 100 calorie pack chex mix if i want something crunchy.

Grapes, strawberries, blueberries, frozen fruit, yogurt, sugarfree pudding, sugar free dove chocolates (but they are not a low calorie food) zone perfect bars, Protein Shakes with frozen fruit blended, sugarfree popsicles, sugarfree hard candy, Im not a salty person so the other stuff I can go without.

Sparkplug,

Congratulations for meeting your goal. I was just banded 6 days ago and hope to be heathy like you ihn 1.5 years.

It can get expensive but I buy the 100 calorie packs of lots of things to make snacking variety. I keep things are work and home and even in my car...not in easy reach in any place so that I am forced to think about what I want and or need to eat. chips are my weakness so I do buy the baked. Does anyone know about some high Protein low carb low fat chips out there? Is there a such thing?

I change up my Snacks super frequently because I get bored pretty quickly. I've found that the 100 calorie packs are a little too expensive for my liking. So I'll buy a few different things each week. When I get home, I open the bag (or box) and portion them out into individual ziploc bags. That way everything is portion-set per bag and I don't have to think about anything in the morning when I'm still half asleep getting ready for work. I just grab stuff from the fridge and pantry and get on my way. I also keep a few things at work because that's where I get into trouble (if I don't come to work prepared, I eat HORRIBLY).

Like everyone else, fruits and veggies are good. You can go back to kindergarden and rock some ants on a log (celery with pb and rasins), chips are my weak point so I don't indulge in them often but there's one called pirates booty (think cheese puffs but healthier) and those are great. Nuts. Granola. My favorite part about my grocery store is the bulk candy/snack aisle because I can make my own "trail mix" with sunflower seeds, nuts, dried fruits, et al. I usually throw a few m&m's in there to keep my sweet tooth happy as well. Snak paks are good but like anything else, get old after a while. Cheeses. Yogurts. Veggie chips.

If you have a sweet tooth... try getting low fat cinnamon graham crackers and fat free cool whip. Split a graham cracker in half, make a sandwich using the cool whip in between. Put a bunch of these in a tupperware container and freeze them. The graham cracker gets a little softer and the cool whip freezes so it makes a make-shift ice cream sandwhich. No lie, they're REALLY good. Don't know the calories or fat but it's not high and I seem to remember it being very low. Definitely nice to mix it up at night when you need something sweet after dinner.