Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY BANDSTERS ~ How are you doing?

My surgery was May 6th and I have lost 27 pounds, including the pre-op diet. Since surgery I have lost 13 pounds, and that was a little over 3 weeks ago. Hunger has returned in a BIG way for me and I want to eat like I use to, but I am doing my best to keep the portions small. I get my first fill next week on June 8th. I am praying for restriction, because at this point I want to eat everything in site!

I hope all of the other May Bandsters are doing well!

I was banded on 5/35 and I'm down about 10 pounds since surgery. I have had a lot of pain in my incisions, but today was my first day with no pain meds. I have an appointment Thursday and hopefully I'll be able to move from liquids to mushy. I need something to CHEW lol. Also, I'm sick of the nasty taste in my mouth. I've been brushing like 5 times a day!

I was banded 5/10 and am doing ok. I have lost 20lbs and am pretty happy with that. I am also hungry all the time! I can't have a fill for another 4 weeks. I have been trying to make the right food choices. I find that if I have had to much time lapse in between meals(aka no snack) then i am ravenous and eat whatever i can! I had a Water roll today and it was heaven. I actually ate it rather fast too because i was starving and i had no problems. I can pretty much eat anything and have no problems. So i am counting doewn the days to my first fill!! Loved that feeling of restriction post op due to the swelling!

Hey Guys!

'Realize' Banded on May 20th-with ventral hernia repair. The anesthesia REALLY kicked my ass! Scars are healing REALLY well. Down from 202 to 189 (about 12 lbs). Doctor had me on Clear Liquids for 7 days now I'm on full liquids (week 2-3) then puree for a week. Then a more normal texture.

Getting slightly more hungry. First fill was scheduled for June 30th. (5 weeks post op) Went back to work 4 days post-op. Went for my first official exercise walk last night.:confused:

I am a food addict so its been a little difficult cooking dinner for my children. I have found it helpful to get Soups from Whole Foods or restaurants because the canned soups are nasty.

Wishing you all well!

KGV35

80 lbs to go!

I was banded on May 19th by Dr. Ortiz in TJ, Mexico. SInce I started by preop diet (5/1/10) I've lost 36.8 pounds. I'm still on my post-op liquid diet (3 weeks perscribed), thank God I only have one more week left of that. I can't wait for all the weight to come off and be in a maintance mode! I won't have my first fill until 7/1/10 so currently I'm doing this on my own and feel great about it!!! Good Luck to everyone else out there!!!

I was banded on May 6, have lost about 12 lbs since then. Am having trouble sticking to the 1-2 ounce portions - am hungry most of the time and not having any trouble eating. Also having trouble with drinking slowly - have not mastered the 5 minutes per ounce.

First fill is Jun 17 - on the bright side, I am drinking plenty of Water and eating much more healthier than before with no cravings for sweets.

What was the first fill like?:confused:

First fill was nothing... They numbed the area... poked the needle in the port.. found the right spot... done... over... No problem at all. You'll be fine!! Don't worry.

I was banded on May 17th. I am down 23 pounds (including pre-op diet). I have no restriction and want to eat Snacks between my meals. I am eating either 15 almonds or a piece of low-fat string cheese when I feel so hungry that I feel like I am going to throw up. I have been shocked that I do not miss diet cokes at all. I used to drink 5-6 a day. In fact, the no diet coke rule is probably why I put off getting surgery sooner because I did not think I could do it. I have not craved anything sweet yet. So far- making healthy choices has been easier than I imagined. Since I have no restriction - there are times that I am eating a little more than 1 cup at a meal- but at least when I eat more than 1 cup it is healthy food that I am eating. When I get some fills - that should take care of this issue. I am making lots of little changes that I never had the desire to do pre-op - like taking the two flights of stairs in and out of the parking garage at work everyday. I am just thankful that I finally got the surgery.

I was banded on the 21st. I am eating soft foods because liquid and puree was not filling me. I think my stomach swelling was gone pretty quick. liquid worked for about 4 days. Puree didn't stay in my pouch. I have restriction now on soft foods, but am able to eat arounda cup of food, but hey that is way less than before banded. I hope to get a fill soon so I can eat the 1/2 cup I'm supposed to be eating.

I don't know how much weight I've lost. I want to wait till my first doc appointment to find out. I refuse to buy a scale just yet. I don't want to obsess about weight, but focus on eating and excersising. My first followup appointment is tomorrow, so we'll see!

i on the other hand hv not been doing so good. I go for my first fill today and i am scared i may hv already stretched my pouch! it sucks!

Keep ur fingers crossed that it is all in my head! I hv no restriction yet so idk.. maybe it is all in my head.

i wake in the middle of the night with this deep hallow feeling in my pouch! IT HURTS! I dont eat past 6pm... idk if this is hurting me or helping me. I dont feel much difference in my clothes :confused:

im not doubting my band.. i just dont think im using it correctly....

any advice?

I was banded on May 4th... I'm down 21lbs and had my 1st fill of 1cc today... It wasn't bad at all and didnt hurt! I also got released with not restrictions. 24 Hr Fitness here I come! I'm back on clear liquid diet today, full liquid tomorrow, soft foods 3rd day and regular diet on 4th day. I was also told by some people in the office that if I get something stuff to mix pineapple juice with meat tenderizer and drink it... I guess the enzymes break it up? Anyway, good luck everyone!

i on the other hand hv not been doing so good. I go for my first fill today and i am scared i may hv already stretched my pouch! it sucks!

Keep ur fingers crossed that it is all in my head! I hv no restriction yet so idk.. maybe it is all in my head.

i wake in the middle of the night with this deep hallow feeling in my pouch! IT HURTS! I dont eat past 6pm... idk if this is hurting me or helping me. I dont feel much difference in my clothes :biggrin:

im not doubting my band.. i just dont think im using it correctly....

any advice?

Did your doctor see on the xray machine today if your pouch is ok? My dr made me do a barium swallow and i saw all of my band and pouch... Hopefully you will feel restriction with your fill. I'm scheduled to go back in 2 weeks for my 2nd fill... Good luck!

Just wondering how all of you May bandsters are doing? Please post an update on how you're progressing or any concerns!

I was banded May 21. I am not really hungry. When I do eat, it isn't much. I get this pain in my sternum. I have lost 19 pounds that includes pre-op diet. I have my first fill scheduled for 6/23 and can't wait! I am still a bit sore from the incisions. I have been for a few walks, but they were certainly not power walks. Mainly because of the tenderness at the incisions. I am so worried about not progressing correctly! This is such new territory. I currently weight 205 lbs and am curious about how long it will be before I reach 145?

Curious to know how your doctor's visit went? Hope all is well....

I was banded on the 26th, since day of surgery I have lost 15 lbs. total lost including pre op diet = 41 lbs. I am gettting bored of the full liquid diet, aside from pureed Soup and cream soup, muscle milk,I dont know what else to use. I excercise 2x a day on a recumbent bike and then walk to the beach for sunsets....I have a Dr. appointment for this coming Wed. where I guess we will discuss a fill? IDK. Good luck all...