Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band:Hungry now since first fill!

:wub:Just wondering, I had my first fill last monday and it was 3cc and it seems crazy but I feel more hungry now than I did before the fill. I must be loosing my mind. I went ahead and asked to be seen soon than the two weeks and the doctor has me coming in next wed to go ahead and put more saline in the band. Would you share with me at what point did you start feeling that fullness feeling and how many cc's were in the band? I'm guessing 5 or 6 cc is an average? Just guessing though....Thanks

I was banded march 16 and got my first fill may 6. Even right after my surgery, I never felt hungry. I have learned to listen to my mind and not my stomach. Then after my first fill, (didn't feel any more restriction) I went on a plateau for 3 weeks. Finally this weekend I went down 2 lbs. Just hope it keeps going. But I never really feel hungry, which really surprises me. Good luck

I'm looking for the same answer. I had my first fill a couple weeks ago, and I have days where I feel like I could eat a horse (seems like I have the room for it too).

I think i'm confused because if I chew my food up 40 times, I feel like it goes right through. I find if I don't chew it up well, I feel full for a while.

I get another fill this Thursday. I really hope this does the trick. :thumbup:

I'm the same way. I was banded on May 3, 2010 and had my first fill (1cc in a 10cc Allergen band) on May 26th. At times I am so hungry I could eat everything in sight. I don't though .... I use sheer will power to not go back to my bad eating habits. I eat a little bit and wait. But I find that I am very hungry within two hours of eating. I worry that I'll start gaining weight.

weight.png

I've started a rule for myself...I used to mistaken "not being full" with being hungry. Now I want to feel the tummy grumbling before I put anything in it. It's so hard though because I'm breaking lifelong habits.

Thanks for everyone's replies!:confused:

My biggest worry was that I was going to gain my weight back, but today after i went to the doctor i found out that I actually lost 2.5 pounds! Not sure how, but I will embrace it! I got addl 1cc in my band so now I have a total of 4cc in a 10cc band and I'm finally feeling fuller quicker! I've gone 4days without exercise and today I was able to do 2miles eventhough my time was shortened and still feel better that I was able to get back into my normal schedule! I feel so much better since I have exercised! Thank you everyone, I just was having a bummed week and feeling scared of gaining weight back, but I realize I still eat far better than what I did before the band and I do eat less than before the band, just takes a minute to realize the difference!

I just had my first fill a week ago and I do not feel anymore restricted than I did before I went in. I am about to go on vacation and don't want to over eat.. I am wondering if I should go in for another fill before I go?? Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

:biggrin:

I just had my first fill a week ago and I do not feel anymore restricted than I did before I went in. I am about to go on vacation and don't want to over eat.. I am wondering if I should go in for another fill before I go?? Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks