Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weeks 2-4 Post-op Recipes ?

I am due to have my surgery June 3rd :smile2:, and I am trying to get grocery shopping out of the way for a few weeks. I am not sure how soon I'll be feeling well enough to fight the Walmart crowd for groceries. lol. So, I came to this thread for help from yhall experienced bandsters!

I got a menu from my doctor, but it doesnt give a lot of ideas for the mushy pureed foods. Mainly things like: Yogurt (bc i dont drink milk), grits, oatmeal, tuna, meatloaf (all pureed of course). But i can only handle so much of that.

What are some yummy post op recipes that I can try weeks 2 through 4?

PS- I REALLY love chicken and potatoes :thumbup:

Any Ideas I would really appreicate... 3 more days!!! :ohmy:

Check out http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/mushies-stage-recipes-17637/index9.html , there are tons there!

I am allowed potatoes and i have made them every which way possible. lol I also am a big chicken eater, but its not really mushy and I could never ever be hungry enough to puree my meats. The idea of it just sounds gross. But I did buy some ground chicken. Its on the softer side. I chew it till its mushed in my mouth, It might not be allowed but its actually really soft!

Check out http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/mushies-stage-recipes-17637/index9.html , there are tons there!

I am allowed potatoes and i have made them every which way possible. lol I also am a big chicken eater, but its not really mushy and I could never ever be hungry enough to puree my meats. The idea of it just sounds gross. But I did buy some ground chicken. Its on the softer side. I chew it till its mushed in my mouth, It might not be allowed but its actually really soft!

Thats a really good idea though, with the ground chicken. Thank you for that link! I didnt know that existed. :thumbup:

Thats a really good idea though, with the ground chicken. Thank you for that link! I didnt know that existed. :thumbup:

Sure no problem :-)

Edited by Nean4488

My nutritionist from my surgeon's office suggested crock pot chicken which I LOVE. I also added some chicken broth that was just sitting in frig from pre op diet. Even my husband loved it and it went down very well. Oh and I used skinless boneless thighs....

Also, I'm a huge cottage cheese fan and tuna fan...and there are tuna envelopes that are perfect to put in purse. Hope this helps! :-)

Mmm... I took a pound of ground turkey browned it in a pan with some chopped onion... added a can of fat free refried Beans and some salsa and taco seasoning. It was delicious!

I also used the can of refried Beans and added a can of black beans with a little chicken broth to make a Soup. After the black beans simmered in the Soup I mashed them a bit. I added some hot salsa to that, too.

Another thing I did was ... I took part skim ricotta cheese. Topped with with some marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese and put it over some well done spaghetti squash. Oh.. so satisfying. Or julienne some yellow and green squash into long ribbons and saute' that and put the ricotta/marinara mixture over that.

I also took a pound of super lump crabmeat. .. added 4 tablespoons of low fat mayo, a splash of worchestershire. .. and an egg and dry mustard... maybe a little chopped roasted red pepper.... and put it all in a baking dish and bake for 1/2 hour. Mmm... it's soft and delicious. That will hold you for about 4 or 5 meals.