Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am being banded onthe 13th Aug is it only days you can do the pre opt diet?

I am being banded on 8-9-10 !!! Can't wait !!! and Good Luck to all my fellow August bandsters !!! :bolt:

Is anyone going to blog or vlog their journey? I've been looking for some good BEFORE pictures, but I avoid the camera so much that I do not have much to work with. Over the next few days, I am going to start taking some "no holds barred" pictures. Full length, front, back and side, undies shots, etc.

I want to blog, yes... But not too sure where/how to get started! I have lots of pics.... Soo ready! Where will you blog??

I have found a ton of blogs on blogspace.com. Many people on this site have their blog listed in their signature line. One you find one, there is a whole lap band network that they seem to be connected to.

Is anyone going to blog or vlog their journey? I've been looking for some good BEFORE pictures, but I avoid the camera so much that I do not have much to work with. Over the next few days, I am going to start taking some "no holds barred" pictures. Full length, front, back and side, undies shots, etc.

I have started a blog in my "notes" section on Facebook. I haven't posted my before pic on there yet (I was cute back in high school and am too embarrassed to show them all how I look now :smile2:)

I had my boyfriend take several before shots of me, in a sports bra and work-out shorts. I plan on taking progress pics on a monthly basis and journaling my success and struggles. :bolt:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give an update. I went to see my surgeon today, and i have 15 days until my surgery. I asked him about the 2 week liquid diet and he said that since i lowered my BMI (down to 37.5) that he was ok with me doing the diet for 1 week instead of 2 weeks!!! I am Happy about that! He also told me that the 2wk diet may vary from Dr. to Dr.

And i found out the my insurance co approved everything! August 11, 2010 here i come!!!!!!!!!!!:bolt::yikes::smile2::seeya::sad:

phew! One week till Aug 2 I am so excited =)

I had a real hard time with my liquid diet last friday, I got sent home from work early because I was shaking and my head was spinning, I'm not diabetic but I am convinced my blood sugar was low. I had two Cookies and everything went back to normal, it was kinda scary.

anyway with Aug being so close I hope everyone is getting excited!

I'm gonna get banded on Aug 26 in Tijuana Mexico...Anyone else going to Mexico this month??? who will be your Doc??? Good luck every one!! :bolt:

Called my Dr. office today to ask if I would receive a phone call or a letter in the mail from insurance. She said I'd likely receive a letter and since they sent it over on 7/21, she thought I may see something in the mail today. Really? With the weekend?

I figured if it didn't come in the mail, I would call the insurance co like others had suggested. I just heard the mail guy and went running for my mail, right on top an envelope from Anthem! I was approved!!! :bolt: Yay Me! Looking forward to experiencing this with all of you...scheduled for August 11th!

Called my Dr. office today to ask if I would receive a phone call or a letter in the mail from insurance. She said I'd likely receive a letter and since they sent it over on 7/21, she thought I may see something in the mail today. Really? With the weekend?

I figured if it didn't come in the mail, I would call the insurance co like others had suggested. I just heard the mail guy and went running for my mail, right on top an envelope from Anthem! I was approved!!! :bolt: Yay Me! Looking forward to experiencing this with all of you...scheduled for August 11th!

I received mine in the mail within 3 business days after it was submitted. I called and found out I was approved 2 days after submittal

I have my doc apt in the morning to get my pre-op liquid diet and go over any questions and then in the afternoon I have a visit with the anesthesiologist. It's getting more real!!

August 11th. Good luck all!!!