Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi -- jumping in here, as I'm having my band surgery on August 2nd, just over two and half weeks away.

I've done ALL the stuff I had to do to a) get approved for the surgery and :grouphug: just be in the "sit and wait" stage, except that it's not really sit and wait because I had to lose 5% of my body weight to do this and I can't go back above it because if I do they'll cancel the surgery.

It's hard work, as all of us know, to manage the weight ... I'm so focused on not regaining that weight that I find it hard to get totally pumped about the surgery, but I am going to get through it. I haven't come this far to blow it all now!

Laurie in NE Massachusetts

Looking forward to being able to shop in the "normal size" stores again someday ...

:-)

I get the cravings too!!! I made my pre-op weight requirement and papers are into insurance and even though I don't have a date yet I'm already feeling the "This may be my last pizza for a while" or "I HAVE to go to the buffet once more before"...

I also proclaimed that before surgery I want one awesome hot fudge sundae, my favorite burger at Red Robin, and my favorite lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.

I'm happy to be simply maintaining!!! def not losing but not gaining either

:grouphug: Morning All,

I still don't have an exact surgical date yet but he did say august. I am trying to lose a few lbs before i see him again in 3 weeks. It's not coming off as easy as it did before i got the pneumonia, I'm blaming it on not smoking. The only thing i have left to do now is within first week or so of august i do my last C02 test for nicotine and once i pass that again he said it'll be a matter of a few weeks. We will do an Endoscopy to take a look at my esophagus and stomach and do the 2 weeks liquid diet. O i'm so dreading the instant Breakfast shakes 3x a day :puke:But i'll do what i have to!

I've never been able to shop in a normal section of a store. My entire life even when i was little i remember having to shop at sears because they had husky pants. As much as I love The Avenue. I want to have the option to shop someplace else and NOT in the plus section. My goal will be to do something i've always wanted to do and that is to walk into a store buy a cute little sundress and sandals and have it look the way it's meant to look !

What is the CO2 test for nicotine. I have stopped smoking pretty much, (had a couple of fallbacks), but have not had to have a CO2 test. I go for pre op at the hospital July 23rd.

:rolleyes2:C02 tests the levels nicotine in your lungs. You go to the nurse. you hold your breath for a certain amount and then slowly blow into the machine.. anything under a 5 means negative. My surgeon requires you to have 3 clear c02 tests 4weeks between each test, before he will do surgery to show you have completly quit smoking. It's very important to stop he say's because it helps the oxygen levels and blood flow in your body and blood vessels. first time i blew a 0, but the next one was a 3! thats because i was at an outdoor cookout and some of my friends still smoke, Can you believe that is second hand smoke that caused me to score a 3! Anyway it's still passing sooo i'm almost done :grouphug:

Hey tallgirl I am exactly the same way!

Soooo, if I was going to have have a test for smoking I would have already had it........correct?

can anyone tell me why you have to take a sleep test???Very curious:rolleyes:

I had to take one and asked the same question. From what I found out, like 80% of people who are overweight have some degree of sleep apnea. It is very dangerous and can cause heart problems and even death. In my case I am considered a 41 which is considered severe. It affects your electrolytes, metabolism, all sorts of things so they want it under control in order to help with the weight loss. I might not know all the medical terms but

I am surprised to say, I do not really mind the CPAP machine. I thought it would bother me when I sleep and be in the way, etc. I honestly do feel better and more rested.

how long before your surgery?

Finally I have a date. Aug 10th. I started my band journey in January. Highest weight 253 at 5'5". Im excited. 28 days and counting.....

I am sooooo irratated!!!:) I had a date of August 5th, had everything all lined up so that I had someone who could be with me on the day of surgery (they changed some of their plans, by the way) and then the surgeons office calls today and say that the Dr. just decided that he is going to be on vacation that week. WTF!!!!

So now I have to push surgery out two weeks to accomodate his schedule and go through the process of making other arrangements for sugery day.

How freakin' inconsiderate can a person be, should they get their vacation scheduled before they start booking surgery. :eek::mad::mad::mad:

can anyone tell me why you have to take a sleep test???Very curious:rolleyes:

I have had excessive daytime somulence and at first they thought it was narcolepsy. I was tested a year ago for sleep apnea by a sleep study and it was negative. I just had a second one a month ago and since my last I have gained weight. I have developed sleep apnea to the point where my 97% of my REM sleep is sleep apnea. Your REM sleep is your best rest- or dream sleep. sleeping helps you heal and if you can't sleep well then your healing will not be as good as it can be.

I am sooooo irratated!!!:) I had a date of August 5th, had everything all lined up so that I had someone who could be with me on the day of surgery (they changed some of their plans, by the way) and then the surgeons office calls today and say that the Dr. just decided that he is going to be on vacation that week. WTF!!!!

So now I have to push surgery out two weeks to accomodate his schedule and go through the process of making other arrangements for sugery day.

How freakin' inconsiderate can a person be, should they get their vacation scheduled before they start booking surgery. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'll come and stay with you- :eek: I know how irritating it can be with something important like this keeps getting pushed back. Im sorry!

Thanks Tally!!!