Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ten days till surgery/Do I need anything else?

Well im heading to Houston next Tuesday surgery Wed morning. I asked my doctor if he though I was making the right choice choosing the band.He said that he would not do RNY becuse my BMI is 35. So I guess the band and I are ment to be.My daughter will not be going to get banded with me. She got turned down. We will appeal after she turns 18 next month.That was the reason that she got turned down.I am all stocked up.I have my chewable gas x my heating pad.Two big containers of protien powder.I have been cooking and freezing broths. I have purchased some canned stuff (NASTY).Got my Flinstones .Six cases of fruit 2 0, Popcicles. Can you guys suggest anything else?????? Remember I am Diabetic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure what a diabetic may eat or not... but my favorite is the Suger Free Fudgescicles. They are really good. They come in a yellow box.

Who will be doing your surgery?

You are so prepared! One other thing I would get is an ice pack. It seemed to help me more than heat.

Get some sugar free Jello and maybe some pudding . You sound very ready to me!

Good luck!!! I really wish your daughter lots of luck getting approved . You go first and then she will know better what to expect and then you can help her more once you are all healed up!!

Don't forget to wear comfy clothes that are not tight and easy on your tummy. And take a pillow with you to hold on to when you need to cough or going over bumps in the road. It does help, I promise! I know about the bumps on Houston highways...bad traffic and always construction. Who is doing your surgery? Dr. Spivak did mine and I just love him to bits! He is wonderful and the staff is excellent!

As far as the Vitamins...I started out with Flinstones and then Centrum liquid and by the grace of God....Viactiv came out with a Multi-Vitamin chocolate chew like the Calcium chews!!! Woohoo! So, I chew 1 Vitamin and 1 Calcium chew in the morning and 1 more calcium chew in the evening. They are great! I also drink the Soup At Hand Soups...when you can tolerated the creamy Soups.< /p>

It looks like I will be traveling out-of-state for my surgery, and my worries are this. Will I need to stay in a hotel for a couple days after the surgery? Will I be able to fly home OK after having surgery? The traveling back and forth for fills doesn't bother me because I won't be in pain but I'm totally unprepared for how I will feel to travel home and how long I will need to recouperate where I am. I am thinking either Portland or Seattle for the surgery. I have all the tests completed...right down to having the psych eval and dietician scheduled, so I have to go and see the surgeon and then I have to go back for the surgery.

I think this is on hold till Jan 1 at least when I see if Medicare will cover it completely, but I'd like some info in the meantime. Thanks.