Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

question about protein shakes

Hi! I started drinking Protein Shakes today. I tried Body Fortress chocolate PB whey Protein. I tried it in eight ounces of Water with one scoop of protein (26g protein/130 cal). I couldn't stomach it..it was HORRIBLE! I dumped it out and started over with four ounces of skim milk and a half scoop of whey protein. This gave me 17grams of protein and 110 calories. I know I'm to have at least 15grams or protein per drink so I think I'm okay there. Do you guys think it's okay to make the shake so small in quantity? I could always make the fluids up in water.

It depends on the recommendations of your nutritionist. How many grams of Protein were you advised to ingest per day? Using your Breakfast shake as an example, you'll only get 51g of protein today. Perhaps you should find a whey protein supplement you would be more comfortable with. There are several that are flavorless. Best of luck!

It depends on the other nutritional info for the shake. Sometimes, things that are too concentrated can cause diarrhea.

If you want a good, low-volume Protein shake, the Inspire line from bariatriceating.com can be mixed with 4 oz. of Water (or other liquid--I love almond milk). They're very, very good.

i ordered the Believe Protein from bariatriceating.com, i have not tried Inspire, will do that next

Thanks Betsy! Should've talked to you first before I tried the shake...made me nauseous. I'm going to try one of the shakes from the inspire line. Thanks for the website too! There is all kinds of different things! :laugh:

They really do have great stuff! I like the Inspire better than the Believe, but I'm sure that's just a personal-taste kind of thing :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!