Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters - How are you doing?

I was banded April22. First fill 4cc June1.I'm down 31 lbs.I feel good,walk 4.5 miles 3-4 days a week,when I'm not working 12hr days as an RN on surgical unit. I have to use good food choices all the time because I can eat more than a few tbls. I'm fortunate to have support from family,friends& co-workers.Also have the big advantage of working with my bariatric surgeon at least once a week, we do lapband surgery every Thur! It's time to walk. keep up the good work everyone. Bandsters rule!

I was banded on April 29th and I have lost a total of 16 lbs and none of that was after surgery, I haven't gained anything and I can eat but no as much as before, but too much so I get my first fill on the 14th and I am hoping that gets the scale moving again. I am not discouraged, about the slow loss only because I am not gaining. I feel good and am starting to exercise.

I was banded on April 21 and had my first fill less than a weekago. I'm down 36 pounds as of this morning and so, so happy with that. I feel better about myself than I have in years, and there is still so much more to look forward to. Congrats to you all on your hard work and successes!

I was banded April 26th and have lost 26 pounds since surgery...50 all together. My 6 weeks post op appointment is in two weeks and i feel like i need some restriction...i plan on calling them on monday to find out if i can have a fill on that day and how much it costs!...the even more good news is im finally in twoderville!!...havent been there in about 8 years so im very happy with my weight loss so far!....its time i get back in the gym and really shed these pounds! i'm also thinking about hiriing a personal trainer so i wont have so much xtra skin!

I have a suggestion to all my fellow bandsters. only weigh on the physcian's scales when you make your f/u visits. Your weight can fluctuate day to day. Remember your bodies can be losing inches& that doesn't always show on the scales.

I was banded April 26th and have lost 26 pounds since surgery...50 all together. My 6 weeks post op appointment is in two weeks and i feel like i need some restriction...i plan on calling them on monday to find out if i can have a fill on that day and how much it costs!...the even more good news is im finally in twoderville!!...havent been there in about 8 years so im very happy with my weight loss so far!....its time i get back in the gym and really shed these pounds! i'm also thinking about hiriing a personal trainer so i wont have so much xtra skin!

Congratulations!!!! You have done amazing!!

It seems like a lot of people are doing well, so congrats to you as well!! for those that are in a bit of a standstill, this too shall pass..I had surgery on April 22..for the first week and a half, I did great and was losing. then for about three weeks before my first fill, I was ravenous all the time and could eat anything. I only lost about 2 pounds during those three weeks. I just got my fill on Wed and I can definitely tell it is helping...In fact, as I eat certain foods, I almost lose the taste for them..it is making me want to be healthier..and I am a totally emotional eater...Anyways, long winded way of saying that there are bright spots ahead and I know how frustrating the tough days can be...I have well over 100 pounds to lose also, so a long road!! Keep up the spirits though!

Edited by mlmdore

I was banded on April 7 and have now lost 44 pounds, including my preop. I only have 4 pounds until ONEderland. I am so looking foward to that!

I am still losing but everyday it is getting harder. I am starting to think more about food and be hungrier. I get a second fill on Thursday. I am so ready.

My problem is exercise. I walked for a while and did pretty good, then my knees swelled up and I felt I had to stop and let them rest. Now I can't seem to get started again.

I have always had to push myself to get exercise - I am just not in to it naturally. The women's gym I used to go to closed and I have not found another one. I would be losing more if I would exercise. My bloodsugar goes up when I don't exercise, regardless of what I eat.

Any ideas for motivating myself? I need to get moving!:thumbup:

I'm having trouble getting in enough exercise. I usually walk during my lunch, or when I have some time at work. When I get home I have all kinds of kid activities, make dinner, etc, By the time we get the kids to bed, it is almost my bedtime.

Lately I've had to work on some high priority presentations and have barely had time to heat up my lunch, so I haven't been walking. I've been thinking about getting up around 4:30 am, so I have about 45 mins to work out, but I'm too lazy to get up that early.:unsure:

I just need to make more time somewhere in my day to do it.

First fill today of 3ccs. 31.5 lbs gone so far which is 1/3 of what I need to lose. So far, all is well. I'm enjoying buying some new clothes. Using a belt with all of my old pants!!! Down from 22/24 in tops to 18/20 and pants from 20/22 to 18! Whoo-hoo:thumbup:

Woo-hoo! Hit hundredsville this morning. How wonderful that feels. Weight loss is slow, but is happening. Definitely ready for my second fill on the 30th.

How's everybody doing?? We've all grown quiet here!

Congratulations NewMeComing! That is a great accomplishment!

I hit the 40-pounds-lost mark this morning and am thrilled as well!

We all have a lot to Celebrate and be thankful for! Have a great weekend everyone!

Congrats new me. That is amazing. I can't wait until that time.

I have been exercising more and thought the weight would come off a little quicker but it seems like a pound a week is what I am destined for. I guess that is better than gaining a pound a week.

Positive attitude. My clothes are looser and my summer clothes are too big.

All will be well.

Alicia

I'm still losing, so I'm happy about that. I'm not going down in clothing sizes as much as I had hoped. But, today I had to use a binder clip on my skirt to help it stay up. :thumbup:

That cheered me up!

Had to share my mini-goal victory. This morning I stepped on the scale and it read 220.8! I remember crying when I discovered I was "up to" 220 at 9 months pregnant with my oldest...it was devastating! Now, I'm doing the happy dance to be "down to" the same weight. LOL. I'm into 16 tops, down from a 20/22 and fit comfortably in 18 pants, no more 22s....its a beautiful thing! Anyway, hope its going as well for the rest of you April Bunnies.:thumbup:

I am now down 49.8 pounds total and into ONEderland! That is a great goal to reach.

I am down from size 22 to 16 pants and XL tops, off my diabetes meds and have cut my high blood pressure meds. I have had two fills and not too much hunger.

Had a bout of diverticulitis last weekend and am on two antibiotics and a liquid diet for ten days. I am hanging in there, but have not lost weight. This too will pass.

Hope everyone is doing well. I love my band!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: