Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I am being banded on Monday 5/17!!! I am nervous/excited/scared.......

I have bought everything I need for home. My surgery is late morning so I will probably have to spend the night. What should I bring to the hospital??? I dont want to overpack (my habit) but want to make sure I have what I need.

Thanks for the advice!!

a clean change of clothes for the day you leave.

I took a book, but the anesthesia messed with my eyes so much I couldn't read it.

I slept most of the time.

• Lip balm
  • Hand lotion
  • Something to soothe your throat
  • Gas-X strips

BIG emphasis on the lip balm. 10 days later and my lips are still cracked and sore. Fermented Papaya ointment is a dream!

Loose clothing. You'll be a little swollen and tender so you don't want anything digging in! Unless you're like me and my clothes hung off me prior to the whole pre-op thing.

An MP3 definitely helps. I drifted in and out of sleep for the day and had a horrid sleepless night, so reading and watching TV were out of the question for me!

Toothbrush/toothpaste/mouthwash - especially an antibacterial mouthwash. That nasty white stuff from the anesthetic makes your mouth feel... just gross.

Wheatbag - they seem to be heavier and retain heat longer then hospital heat packs. And they are a god-sent gift for the gas pains! :redface:

A small pillow for the ride home, to put between the seatbelt and your lap. I had read about it and was so glad I did it, made the ride home much more comfortable. Best of luck!

I packed pj's, medicine, my laptop and a book.

I didn't end up using any of it. :redface:

I posted earlier that you will want a change of clothes, someone else posted you will want baggy clothes. FOR SURE baggy! Also, just incase you have to stop somewhere on the way home, take a dark colored shirt because you won't want to wear a bra...

I think the only thing I used while I was in the hospital which was my own was my phone.

Also, I sleep on my side and found out the hard way that one of my incisions is on the left side. OUCH!!

The hospital gave me steak and veggie Soup for dinner and oatmeal for Breakfast even though I told them I didn't think I was supposed to have it, so heads up regarding that.

Wishing you luck, minimal pain, a speedy recovery and a wonderful journey to a healthier you!

Angie :redface:

WOW - thanks for the advice!!!!! I love this site!!! :redface: