Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

19 weeks pregnant and getting nervous!!!!!

I am 19 wks pregnant and I was banded in 2007. As of today I have lost 20lbs since the begining of my pregnancy! I have not had an unfill and kinda reluctant to get one. At my last doctors appt. my dr. told me I am not getting enough calories in and I'm starting to get scared! I dont want anything to effect the health of myself or the baby. So far they say the baby is growing fine which is great! But, does anybody have any suggestions on what I should eat or If I should get an unfill or not?

If you are not getting enough calories in, I think you need to get a little bit of an unfill.

Im almost 8 weeks pregnant with twins and still have all of my fill. Im scared to death of gaining a lot of weight, but definitely want to make sure I am getting all the calories I need. I am sure I am going to have to get my band unfill at some point in this pregnancy.

Are you continuing to lose weight or did you lose it in the first trimester? Are you at your goal weight or still need to lose? Are you able to eat enough food? Are you vomiting after you eat?

I wouldn't worry if you lost the weight in the first trimester, this is very normal for a lot of women. If you still have weight to lose, then it is even more normal. I still need to lose about 50 pounds. My doctor said I don't need to gain any weight and could possibly lose since I am still overweight. If you are able to eat, I would add a Protein shake everyday and make sure you are eating enough Protein and dairy products.

If you are vomiting after meals, go get an unfill!!! This is not good for you or the baby!!

I am 18 weeks pregnant with twins! I haven't gained any weight and haven't had an unfill either. My doctor is okay with this, as long as I am getting enough protein. I snack on almonds alot, you only need a few to get a good boost of protein!

Best of Luck to both of us having healthy babies!!

I have lost 20lbs since i have been pregnant. I am now in my second trimester. I am 40lbs from my goal weight and I am vomitting sometimes but not all the time.

Hi coming from my own personal experience I say to get an unfill. My son is almost 19mo old now but when I was preggo I wish I had a defill when I had the chance for his and my own sake. By the time I really needed a defill I couldn't get one due to my insurance not covering it. Long story short he was born 5wks early weighing only 4lbs 12oz and had to stay in the NICU for 11 days which was the hardest 11 days of my life. I lost a little over 50lbs and I could not eat or drink anything at all not even ice chips. My band was completely filled when it was only supposed to have 3ccs in it. I was very dehydrated and malnourished. Oh and my reflux was awful! I'm not trying to scare you but I just don't want anybody to go through what we went through. I just had my band taken out last week due to my port flipping 3x and the tubing coming undone 2x and waiting gbs sometime soon. Wishing you the best and a happy healthy pregnancy.

my dr wont unfill me.. he refuses. I want it unfilled because I am CONSTANTLY weak and dizzy. The baby is litterally taking everything I have! Its hard for me to stay awake at times! I can't take prenatals becasue dr. said they will get stuck. Im only filled 3 CC's. I have to take Gummy vitamens and I feel like they do nothing for me!! If your dr. will allow.. get an unfill!!!!! Ive lost 20 pounds ince being prego but have gained 5 back so far. oh and Im 21 weeks now..

I found some Gummy pre-natal Vitamins at Target. Amazing!!

I am loving the gummy vitamins too. I just take 4 instead of 2 to equal what is in 2 prenatal Vitamins. I'm feeling okay so far, but if I was feeling bad, I would DEMAND my doc unfill me. Have your OB call your band doc and tell him to do it....hello, malpractice!