Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG Cravings!!! Chocolate!!! Help!!!

Ok fellow bandsters...I need some help...I am craving chocolate big time...

What are some tips to war off cravings...what are some alternatives if I want a chocolate bar (like I just had:mad2:)

I am doing so good. Don't want to sabotage my own success. I know how to walk away, but for some reason I just couldn't this time.

Please don't judge me...I need some help lol. But seriously I do.

What's wrong with having a treat? I have a piece (individually wrapped) of Dove Dark chocolate every night. I eat it very slowly, savoring the taste and texture. It satisfies my sweet craving.

I totally relate to the chocolate cravings!!:w00t: I will do the same thing..small piece of chocolate, a special K Protein Bar (for that "candy bar" feeling) or a low-cal hot chocolate and I'm good to go! If you try and ignore that craving, it'll just get worse. So enjoy a treat now and again!!:laugh:

Edited by Carosel2002

I agree with the previous posts. Don't deny yourself a treat every now and then.

I LOVE the Oreo 100 Calorie Delight Bars and the 100 Calorie Honey Maid chocolate Delight Bars (they taste just like smores!)

Believe me, we are human and there is no way we are never to indulge again. Everything in moderation....which is what our new lifestyle is all about :-)!

While I really don't believe in self-deprivation, I do better--physically and in terms of cravings--if I don't cave in to sugary things.

For me, a good-quality chocolate Protein shake made with almond milk does the trick. I have one each day, and have not had any cravings for the real deal since surgery---and I am a confirmed, dyed-in-the-wool chocoholic.

You have to find what works for you---for some, a little of the real thing works well. For others, substitutes work well.

One way I get my chocolate and butterscotch fix is to take greek vanilla yogurt and mix in the sugar free instant pudding mix dry of either chocolate or butterscotch or any other flavor. Just mix up some (it does not take alot) of the dry mix and you have great chocolate yogurt with little calories.

I agree with all of the answers given... indulge... just a little. I have one andes chocolate mint candy and let it melt in my mouth for as long as I can keep it there. Craving gone... no damage done.

Current Weight 224 lbs

Edited by woodie221
mistake

I buy the super dark (88% cacao) individual squares, and have one with a cup of chamomile in the evening. There's so little sugar (compared to milk chocolate) that it doesn't cause an increase in carb cravings for me, AND it's good for me. I take little tiny nibbles and let each one melt in my mouth (I know, sounds like chocolate sex or something...) :w00t:

It's 50 calories, and it makes me happy. :laugh: AND- once you get used to the really dark chocolate- regular milk chocolate starts to taste really gross (a huge bonus, in my opinion!)

I am addicted to chocolate Protein Shakes and I add chololate yogurt. Delicious plus healthy.

I agree...I love the chocloate Protein shakes!!! I amkes them 2 ways that I love and they are SO chocolately....

chocolate Milk

8oz skim milk

packet of splenda

2 tsp Fiber powder

1 scoop chocolate powder

2 TBSP SF DaVinicis chocolate Syrup

I shake it and let it sit for a little while in the fridge. YUMMY!

Also,

Hazelnut Mochachinno

8 oz skim milk

1 scoop chocolate Protein Powder

1 tbsp Decaf instant coffee

1 packet splenda

1 tbsp SF hazelnut syrup

Put it in a shaker bottle and add a few ice cubes. I usually let it set overnight so the flavors blend but you can drink immediately. I also have put in the blender to make an icy coffee drink. 190 calories & 22g protein!!!

Wow, these ladies have some great suggestions for chocolate cravings. Any ideas on a substitute for beer? It's really the only thing I miss. Sweet, delicious beer...

What could make anyone feel better than grabbing an ice cold bottle from an ice chest? So chilled that the ice clings to the smooth bottle. You pop that top, allowing some of the carbonation to escape and you can just smell all the aromas of the beer. Slowly pour it into a glass, allowing its golden tint to fill the cylinder with a nice white, foamy hat on your new friend. Watch it for a few moments as the tiny bubbles float to the creamy surface while the outside of the glass gets all sweaty cool. It can't wait to get in my belly. Finally, you raise it to your lips and enjoy a big, bubbly sip of goodness with a malty finish. My esophagus gets tingly just thinking about it.

If DaVinci's comes up with a SF Beer Syrup, I'll figure something out for you!!! :w00t:

If you are craving something and don't have it you might subconsciously...or consciously...feel so deprived that you eat more of other things to make up for it. That ends up with more calories than the desired food. I'd find something luscious and just watch the calories. Take something out of your planned menu. I save the craved thing until the end of the day so it's a reward for being diligent. My current guilty pleasure is Blue Bell (in Txas but every area has it's own) fudge bars...110 calories.

Thank goodness, I'm not a chocolate lover. I feel for you that are and glad to hear that you have found ways to solve your cravings. So far, I haven't had any cravings for anything. In fact, I have reached a point of not caring whether I have food or not. Some days, I have to make myself eat. One those days, I at least make sure that I get a couple of Protein Shakes in. Food just isn't the love of my life anymore. However, I can see now that I'm going to always be broke on clothes when I get to where I want to be...beautiful wonderful outfits.