Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 10-14 Banders--How's it going? Share.

Day 4:

I took a shower last night. The surgical sites burned a little when the Water hit them. I used hibiclenz on them.

I slept in my bed last night for the first time. I got up twice to use the bathroom and the 1st time I was really stiff and sore. The 2nd time it was easier. When I got up for the day I had a lot less pain. I can get up from a chair with minimal pain. Yesterday I would say the pain in the port site was a 9 on a scale of 1-10. Today when I get up the pain is more of a 4. Definitely better. I am still coughing a little and even that pain is less now.

This morning I had 2 ounces of yogurt. That was a nice change. No problems with it.

I was banded may 11. I am absolutely miserable. I am in so much pain and I am so nauseous. I went back to my doc yesterday and he drained some of the saline from the band and told me that I need to drink Protein Shakes but I cant keep them down!! Helppppp:crying:

KIMKIM - I'm so sorry!!!! :redface:

I had my surgery on May 11th, also... and so far, so good. I've only puked once... and it was at the hospital during recovery... had too much Water. I've gone to the bathroom a few times... and right now, my biggest issue is gas in my chest and shoulders.... other than that, I have hunger pains but once i eat, I'm ok....

which Protein shakes are you taking?? I am still taking the Optifast 800 that I was on before my surgery. I cannot tolerate ANY of the Protein Shakes out there....

Good luck... and I hope things get better soon... Have you lost any weight? I've lost 7 pounds since Tuesday...

so between the 2 week pre op liquid diet and my surgery on Tuesday I've lost 20 pounds... :smile2:

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL MARVELOUS MAY BANDSTERS!!!

Hey folks who have had surgery, when did you all start your full liquids. I know every doc is different. I am just curious.

Right after surgery recovery I started on clears (profect, broth, jell-o) the 1st week. Next week will be 3x Protein Shakes.< /p>

Shoulder pain was bad again last night, but the afforementioned "softball" is now gone! Feel great today! Worked almost a full day, although didn't do much, had no problem with Protein shakes or Water and just loved a 1/2 cup of tuna salad and so far it is loving me! Yeah, life is good today! No one can believe the change in lifestyle that I've undertaken over the last couple of weeks. They tell me that if it was them, they'd "have" to eat more. I try to explain that its really not up to my "intentions and desires" what I eat, but moreso my new buddy "the band"! Hang in there all!

Banded 5/11/10

I was banded Tues may 11. Pain has not been real bad. I did take the pain meds the day of surgery and day after but stopped then. I had the hiccups which hurt and pains from gas. I was able to get out today and work in the garden. I may have over done it I am real sore now. I am on the Protein Shakes three times a day. My stomach never stops rolling still hungry but not going to mess this surgery up.

I shared in my blog that I have the weirdest sensation when I eat. You know that full feeling that you just have to unbutton your pants so you can breathe? Well that is how I feel about 5 minutes after I eat 2 oz. Then at some point an hour or more after that I hear my stomach gurgling and the sensation of a clog draining down and then the fullness is gone and I am just comfortable and not hungry. WEIRD!! I was hungry and ate every 3-4 hours today. I pureed homemade egg salad and that was HEAVEN! I also made a lapband recipe of chocolate cheesecake pudding(recipe is on my blog).

I have had cramps in my calves so I am sure I am still a little dehydrated.

Here's to another day down and by the way my pain is hardly there. It gets better each day.

Hey folks who have had surgery, when did you all start your full liquids. I know every doc is different. I am just curious.

Every doc is different. There is a wide variety. My doc had me on Clear Liquids the day of and the next day. Then full liquids for two days, then add applesauce, bananas, etc for two days and just keep adding foods every couple of days if I can tolerate them. I don't even go back for a follow up until June.

I was banded may 11. I am absolutely miserable. I am in so much pain and I am so nauseous. I went back to my doc yesterday and he drained some of the saline from the band and told me that I need to drink Protein shakes but I cant keep them down!! Helppppp:crying:

Bless your heart! Keep walking around it will help with pain. A heating pad did wonders for me. I slept in a recliner for two days with a heating pad that shut off after two hours. Call your doc and see if they can give you something for the nausea. I had a nausea patch behind my ear for two days and had no problems with nausea. The double whammy is you are more nauseous because you have nothing on your stomach but putting something on your stomach makes you nauseous. Ask about the patch. Good luck, Keep us posted!

Banded the 10th, well yesterday I think I pushed it a bit...... (MY BACK IS KILLING ME) I got up 5;45 showered got up the little one, went to look at my new house, went shopping for a baby gift, to the bank, pick up one of my older kids, went to visit a friend with her new baby, showed a home and property, then I came home and was done!! I just can't keep up with my life...I guess I better get used to it.

As far as some of you having problems with nausia, pressure, pain etc. I can tell you my doc is really strict I am on day 8 and have had nothing but broth, Water , watered down juice, coffee and Protein Water. Nothing else. I can't ad Protein shakes until next week and tomorrow I can have 1/2 cup of liquid yogurt. I am on liquid only for 21 days. At first I was thinking well others are having applesauce etc. but now I know why...it doesn't have to do with things getting stuck it is more the effect it has on your stomach as far as gas, bloating , nausia. Reading what some are going through, made me realize I am 100% sticking to what my doc (Ortiz) has planned for me.

As far as not being hungry...no, I am not hungry but man EVERYTHING SOUNDS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! you would think I have never eaten in my life. I want everything I see and smell!!! lol

I hope everyone starts feeling better! Maybe go back to Clear Liquids if you haven't tried that already.

Oh I still haven't weighed myself! I am too scared I will be disappointed!!!!

I was banded on the 13th. I got really lucky with the pain and have had very little (gas or soreness) to speak of. So it's day 4 and I've been up and about since Friday and I feel fine and could probably go back to work tomorrow if I wanted although I'll take the 3 more sick days that I requested (why not?).

The only problem is that I'm really hungry. I have the realize band which goes in unfilled and that's been really hard. I'm supposed to be on clear liquids until my follow-up appointment on Wednesday and then he'll probably move me to mushies and soft foods. I've added unjury Protein to my jellos and Soups so I'm definitely getting the recommended amount of Protein and I'm keeping hydrated but it's definitely a challenge. I've added diluted Tomato Soup to my diet, even though it's not clear, and that's made it a little bit better. I'd almost rather have the pain (at least you can take medicine) than being perfectly fine and hungry all the time. I probably won't get my first fill for a month or so so hopefully I'll make it through.

I was banded on 5/14. I was in agony the night of. Saturday I had a lot of shoulder pain and slept almost the entire day. I was able to get clear liquids down the night of surgery and Protein shakes yesterday.

Today (day 3), the pain is a lot less and I felt up to showering. I'm a bit nauseous today, so I've just had a couple of ounces of Protein shake and a few sips of Water so far.

I'll be on full liquids until day 11 where I can start mushies, then introduce solids on day 20.

I was banded 5/12, everything has been okey.. I have felt off and on pain to being sore and gas. Gas X does wonders for me!! Been on Water, Protein Shakes, broth and Jello since the day after surgery.. I start puree on Wed, if i can keep it down.. I usually have strong gas/ hunger pain at night. I have been moving around pretty easily. yay

I was banded on the 13th. I got really lucky with the pain and have had very little (gas or soreness) to speak of. So it's day 4 and I've been up and about since Friday and I feel fine and could probably go back to work tomorrow if I wanted although I'll take the 3 more sick days that I requested (why not?).

The only problem is that I'm really hungry. I have the realize band which goes in unfilled and that's been really hard. I'm supposed to be on clear liquids until my follow-up appointment on Wednesday and then he'll probably move me to mushies and soft foods. I've added unjury Protein to my jellos and Soups so I'm definitely getting the recommended amount of Protein and I'm keeping hydrated but it's definitely a challenge. I've added diluted Tomato Soup to my diet, even though it's not clear, and that's made it a little bit better. I'd almost rather have the pain (at least you can take medicine) than being perfectly fine and hungry all the time. I probably won't get my first fill for a month or so so hopefully I'll make it through.

Hey Sunshine! I have the realize band too! Maybe that is why we are not having as many issues? Everyday I have been hungrier and hungrier. I figure by day 21 of liquids I will be dying for some solid food. :) I think I am going to schedule my fill for 6/22.