Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved! June 3rd is my date!

Well all my worries are set aside... for now! LOL. My consultation was May 10th... which went great. My psych evaluation was also May 10th. I have my dietician appointment on May 19th. I also start my 2 week liquid diet on May 19th. My pre-op is June 1st... and my surgery is June 3rd. Things are moving rapidly... and it hasn’t hit me yet. I am trying to enjoy my favorite foods for now... sensibly. I am excited!

Anyone else have a June 3rd date? Perhaps we can help each other get through hard times together... since we will be going through it together. :biggrin:

Congrats:thumbup:!!! I'll be right behind you, July 7th.

Carol D'

My surgery date is also June 3rd Awesome!!!

Anyone else have a June 3rd date? Perhaps we can help each other get through hard times together... since we will be going through it together. :redface:

My surgery date is June 3rd. :smile2:

I'm amazed at how fast your process is.

I've been jumping through hoops since July of last year.

Cardio evaluation, stress test, 6 Nutritionist appts, (30 days apart), psych evaluation, endoscopy, 2 mandatory support groups.

Then I went on vacation May 1st, so I wanted to wait and have it done after that.

All that aside.... the time is closing in fast!

What are you doing for your liquid only diet?

I can't seem to find any Optifast or low carb slimfast. :lol:

My surgery date is June 3rd. :redface:

I'm amazed at how fast your process is.

I've been jumping through hoops since July of last year.

Cardio evaluation, stress test, 6 Nutritionist appts, (30 days apart), psych evaluation, endoscopy, 2 mandatory support groups.

Then I went on vacation May 1st, so I wanted to wait and have it done after that.

All that aside.... the time is closing in fast!

What are you doing for your liquid only diet?

I can't seem to find any Optifast or low carb slimfast. :smile2:

Maja,

I believe my process went so fast because I am a self-pay patient. I only had to have a psych eval and I see my nutritionist on Wednesday (may 19th), to bascially discuss my pre-op diet. I attended 1 support group on my own... and plan to keep attending them. They are only once a month.

My liquid diet is opti-fast and other liquids.. like Water /crystal light... sugar free Jello and popcicles. Your doctor isnt providing you with the opti-fast? I heard of a website called: Bariatric Choice.

Best Bariatric Surgery Diet supplements, Bariatric Foods, Vitamins for Bariatric Eating

When you click the link... look toward the top left corner and youll see a tab that says Bariatric Diet Kits. Click on the 2 week kit... and they give you a diet to follow for 2 weeks and also the kit to buy for 149.00 which is about the same amount i am paying my dr for opti-fast.

OPTIFAST - weight loss, weight management, improved health, renewed energy and self esteem

This website allows you to find an Optifast clinic around you.

It just kinda shocks me that your dr does not provide this for you... I can see how it would be hard to find anything. Let me know what you find out.

I am super excited about the time closing in..:lol: I am trying to get all my favorite foods out of the way... so I can mentally prepare for this liquid diet mess for 2 weeks lol. I am a preschool teacher... so cooking for them and feeding them will be hard. While at home, I live with a roomate... So at least I won't have to cook for anyone.

Hi JazzyRayne, congratulations, and welcome to Lap Band Talk!

I remember how excited I was, when it was coming down to the wire, so I know exactly what you mean.

I hope some June 3rd bandsters come along. In the meantime, good luck, please keep us posted. It really is an exciting time!

Debbie!

I am on the Atkins liquid shakes there actully good to. they are sold at Walmart

I started this whole process back in October. I've had my surgery date for over 4 months now.... Long waiting list I guess?! Anyways, my surgery is June 2nd! I'm excited, nervous,excited some more... Lots of emotions! Good luck with your journey and keep us posted!

I started this whole process back in October. I've had my surgery date for over 4 months now.... Long waiting list I guess?! Anyways, my surgery is June 2nd! I'm excited, nervous,excited some more... Lots of emotions! Good luck with your journey and keep us posted!

Jennifer,

Yes! I am also excited and nervous. To be honest, it really hasnt hit me yet. I think it will closer to the date. The only thing I am nervous about is the surgery itself. I think everything else I can handle. I also am nervous about the results. I want this to work... and I am 99 % positive it will. If I work it right, I shouldnt have any problems. However, I am not enjoying this liquid diet right now.. :laugh:

Who are you insured through? I wish mine could be done that quick. I just went for my consult last Thursday so I'm looking at least 3 months before I can even schedule my surgery

Who are you insured through? I wish mine could be done that quick. I just went for my consult last Thursday so I'm looking at least 3 months before I can even schedule my surgery

Bonitachica,

I have insurance, but I am self-pay. BC my BMI is under 40, I did not qualify for coverage. Those 3 months will pass by quickly! Congrats on taking the first step. During those three months you will be doing different things to qualify you, so it will go by quickly. :)

Jennifer,

Yes! I am also excited and nervous. To be honest, it really hasnt hit me yet. I think it will closer to the date. The only thing I am nervous about is the surgery itself. I think everything else I can handle. I also am nervous about the results. I want this to work... and I am 99 % positive it will. If I work it right, I shouldnt have any problems. However, I am not enjoying this liquid diet right now.. :thumbup:

liquid diet has been hard.... I have had a few slip ups, but getting better....

I am also scheduled for June 3.

Jennifer,

Aw! Well thats okay, just try and get through it as best as you can. If you make slip ups, try and make healthy ones. I have been good so far. I find that drinking 1 cup of chicken broth really helps me. I get so tired of having cold shakes, cold popcicles, cold Jello... COLD COLD COLD... so to have a nice warm cup of broth that tastes like chicken is a nice reward. Hang in there... its almost over!

Jenni -

yay! Congrats on your date. We will do great.