Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what are you most looking forward to after your banded?

Not hiding from the camera

Not hiding in general - looking forward to seeing old friends who haven't seen me in years, rather than dreading it

Being healthy, having energy

Not having to spend a fortune on clothes and being able to buy clothes in a "regular" store

Not being a slave to food and my own impulses

100% all of the above. I just want to be a paticipant in the game of Life again. :thumbup:

Shopping shopping and more shopping wherever i want!!! I cant wait for my joints to stop hurting. And no more Spanx!

Being able to shop wherever I want, and because I am such a bargain shopper... tons of high end business suits cheap at consignment shops LOL!! :thumbup:

I have a pair of goal jeans hanging next to my bed for about 3 years now, I want to take them down, throw them in the washer and wear them, that will be a happy day!!!!

I plan on traveling a lot and to learn how to barrel race with my horse. And not be the biggest person in my family!!!!!!

Having energy, feeling healthy and looking it! Wearing a small T-shirt...finding jeans that I fit that I actually like...

I was down to around 245 a couple of years ago and that was a result of a near starvation diet and 2+ miles walking a day. Regarless of how hard it was, I never felt better in my life. That was really unsustainable and I gained a lot of the weight back, so that's why I'm here.

I look forward to feeling that way again. My blood-pressure dropped significantly, I had energy, my clothes fit, sexual performance was as good as when I was 18, I was able to run again and I just didn't "feel" fat.

I was down to around 245 a couple of years ago and that was a result of a near starvation diet and 2+ miles walking a day.

I know that feeling, I did the same a few years ago. The main difference this time is that I can make it permanent... and that's still a concept that's hard to grasp!

I can't imagine what it will be like not to have to ask for a seat belt extender, not to be sweaty whenever I have to walk outside on a warm day, not to think twice about it if someone wants me in a picture, not to have to plan a special (dreaded) trip to the big & tall store.

Hard to believe I have the chance to make all of this happen and so much more... permanently! :tongue2:

Best of luck to you all!

Not needing my cpap, my tummy not touching the steering wheel when I drive, having more energy, being able to buy some cute clothes on 5th Ave when I take my son on his 16th birthday NY trip in 2 years.

Most importantly...having babies and being healthy to raise them and play with them.

And then the vain, but fun, things...

Wearing really, really expensive designer jeans (my dad made a deal with me that he'd buy one leg if I hit a size 8 or 10 (and he is not a big spender!)...I'll hit my husband up for the other leg!)

Buying high black boots since they'll finally fit over my calves.

Delving into the bins of clothes in my attic I sorted through last night. Each bin is now by size and it will be like Christmas each time I move on to another one. Can't believe I kept all those 16s, 14s, 12s, 10s...and even some 8s...but I'm glad I did!

Going back to my hometown and not being ashamed when I see I people from high school.

I want to get my energy back, I used to be able to go out shopping all day long and now I can only last a few hours. I want to go to a Water park again and not be paranoid about people saying stuff about me. I know it doesn't matter what other people think but if I hear what someone says then I will have to say something back and it would probably escalate.

I see that some want to shop in "regular" stores that don't usually have plus sizes. I personally still will not shop in those stores even when I can wear their clothes. If they don't want my business now, why should I give them my money later? It seems like I'd be saying it was ok to discriminate against fluffy people. I will always be a fluffy girl underneath and if a shop doesn't cater to plus sizes then I will shop elsewhere. :biggrin:

...It seems like I'd be saying it was ok to discriminate against fluffy people. I will always be a fluffy girl underneath and if a shop doesn't cater to plus sizes then I will shop elsewhere. :laugh:

I've been called many things in my life, some of the them not very flattering but I'm pretty sure this is the first time my size is referred to as "fluffy". :smile2:

Cheers!

Looking forward to getting my picture taken. Being able to go to my closet and pick clothes by what I WANT to wear not by IF they will look to tight. Not having to worry about my shirts showing my rolls and NO MORE MUFFIN TOP!!!:o

ALL THE ABOVE! One thing no one else wrote, which my mom laughs about when I say it. I can't wait to be able to wrap a regular sized towel around me when I get out of the shower.....lol

Being able to run again. When I turned 40, I dieted down to 180 pounds and ran a 1/2 marathon. I still felt so fat (always comparing myself to others). Now I've gained it all back and then some! Going forward with this to get ALL the weight off this time and run a FULL marathon!!! I am 46 and look pretty young - I want to Celebrate turning 50 and looking fabulous! My son will play a sport in college next year...want to go to his games and not be the fat parent! My younger sons (twins) plays sports in high school...want to walk with them on senior night and not be fat!

-Feeling better

-My joints not screaming in pain when i get up after sitting too long

-Not being ignored in stores

-Tucking in my shirt

-Wearing a belt

-Flying without hiding the unhooked seatbelt under my gut so it looks like it is hooked because i am too ashamed to ask for an extender

-Not giving up Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum concert tickets with my friends from work who are all skinny because I know I will be so out of breath and tired and hurting by the time we walk from where we park

-Reaching my tonails so I can paint them more easily

- Not always obsessing about how fat I am

-Looking at my reflection in a mirror or a window and not feeling sad