Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling frustrated......

Hi,

I am 5 weeks post surgery and I am starting to worry that I made a mistake getting banded. I have lost 18.5 pounds only because of the liquid diet post surgery and being on liquids three days after my first fill. I am not scheduled for another fill for another three weeks. I have been watching my carbs and cannot seem to lose anything. In fact I have gained a pound and a half in the last week. I have been on low carb diets and had some success at losing some weight. I am doing what I used to do with no results. Until I get to a sweet spot on my band I guess I will have to diet just to stay where I am. I do not feel any restriction yet so I wonder if I should walk in and ask for a fill or am I being too anxious. I also understand banding is not a magic cure so I am not expecting miracles but so far I am disappointed. Any advice??? Thanks for letting me vent.

I have a 16cc allergan band. My first fill wasn't till 6 weeks post-op and they only put in 1cc. Talk about no restriction. It was 4-5 months before they finally put in enough Fluid that I could actually feel restriction. So I didn't start losing weight until about 6 months post-op. Talk about frustrating.

Give it some time. Do you know what size your band is?

I think everyone when they first get the band feels this way.....I know I did begin to wonder if I had made the correct decision about the band. But let me tell you once you have some restriction you will not be feeling frustrated anymore. Just give it some time...I did not lose any weight for weeks and even gained 4 pounds before I started feeling restriction.

Listen, you are where we all begin- Bandster Hell. I am right there with you. Try not to stress and panic right now. Allow self the time you need to heal, and learn a new way of life. Excersize must be a large part of your life, and making healthy food choices. There is all kinds of threads on this board about this very subject. I highly suggest going back and looking at some of the older posts, I found them very helpful about this subject. If you would like to talk, feel free to PM me. Stay positive, it will work, it's just not a "magic bullet".:smile2:

Thank for the information and encouragement Sandy and Christine. I guess I need to be more patient. With my Pre-Opt Seminars I do not remember if they went over that it would take some time before I see any true results. They may have and I do not remember. My memory is so bad I can hide my own Easter eggs. I have a 14cc band so I might be looking at 2 or 3 more fills before I start feeling restriction.

Thanks Alleycat!!

Hi,

I am 5 weeks post surgery and I am starting to worry that I made a mistake getting banded. I have lost 18.5 pounds only because of the liquid diet post surgery and being on liquids three days after my first fill. I am not scheduled for another fill for another three weeks. I have been watching my carbs and cannot seem to lose anything. In fact I have gained a pound and a half in the last week. I have been on low carb diets and had some success at losing some weight. I am doing what I used to do with no results. Until I get to a sweet spot on my band I guess I will have to diet just to stay where I am. I do not feel any restriction yet so I wonder if I should walk in and ask for a fill or am I being too anxious. I also understand banding is not a magic cure so I am not expecting miracles but so far I am disappointed. Any advice??? Thanks for letting me vent.

Give your adjustment 2 week to get the full effect keep going to your dr every 30 days so that he can get you were you need to be dont push getting fills to fast together because you will get an overfill and then you will very unhappy eat NO SUGAR OR bread make sure you have 70 gram of Protein a day that will cut your appt and will help you lose weight. I am 6 month from my first adjustment and droped 65 pounds Good luck and hang in there> join the wmca and go5 days a week.