Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my surgery date booked for July 2nd and so far everything looks good (crossing fingers...). What about you guys, anybody else getting banded this coming July?

Right now I'm busy soaking up information and I came across some great blogs of people I could relate to. Thanks to them and to the nice people on this forum, while I'm still a little apprehensive I now have a much better understanding of the journey that awaits me. Not to mention some great tricks and recipes! I have some unused vacation time that I'll be taking after the surgery, it should make for an interesting summer!

Keep in touch!

Peace : )

:) July 15th for me! Just found out today. I'm still waiting for final approval from insurance, but the hospital tells me they're pretty confident it'll go through.

Reading these boards is hugely reassuring -- thank you, everyone, for sharing your experiences!

I've been told to lose 12 lb before my surgery date and I'm 1/2 way there. Never been so motivated, believe me!

Nice to hear from you Dikotomy! Congrats on your decision and I wish you the very best with your insurance! Keep us posted!

July 1st for me! I am kinda nervous. My family is also nervous regarding this surgery but I am going to the LAP-BAND® support meetings which are very helpful in understanding as much as possible. The idea of having something inside me scares me a little but I know that I need to loose the weight. I am also nervous about the actual surgery.

:)

I just got approved and don't have a date yet but things are shaping up to be scheduled in July. I have my psych and then the nutrionist next week and then I'll have my date. I can't wait!

@Lovelylady, we'll be one day apart! Best of luck with your adventure! Keep me posted on your progress!

@lucybugsmama, congrats on getting approved, that's a major milestone! Let us know how things are going and when you get your date!

Cheers!

Espresso

I am waiting the 10th of June to have the Ok from my insurrance.15 days after that i ll have my pre op check up and 15 days after that my surgery.So between 12 and 15 July i ll have my date with the ring.I m still confused.One day i am fully motivated,the other day i am totally depressed.The waiting last too long for my nerves.I better calm down coz it s a long ride.

Good luck to everyone

Edited by DIRKT32

i have my surgery scheduled for 06/09/2010!

Im nervous too about this surgery, but also very excited at the same time for a life change for the 30's!

I'm freaking out that my surgery won't be approved, although everything is pointing in that direction. I feel like I've invested so much into this decision -- told people (only close family), begun losing the weight the surgeon requires, attended pre-surgical groups, etc. I have a 41.5 BMI and the hospital seems pretty confident that it'll be a go. Still, it's torturing me. Anyone else having this problem? It may be another week or two before I hear for sure...

My BMI is 39 so my doc and I,lied about my weight.I am waiting 2 months now for this and i have gained 7 pounds during this period.I can't afford to think in a negative way.You have to stay positive and trust your doc.Your BMI is above 40 and you dont have to be afraid.Your stress is normal.Stay optimistic about it and everything will work out fine.

I got my surgery date booked for July 2nd and so far everything looks good (crossing fingers...). What about you guys, anybody else getting banded this coming July?

Right now I'm busy soaking up information and I came across some great blogs of people I could relate to. Thanks to them and to the nice people on this forum, while I'm still a little apprehensive I now have a much better understanding of the journey that awaits me. Not to mention some great tricks and recipes! I have some unused vacation time that I'll be taking after the surgery, it should make for an interesting summer!

Keep in touch!

Peace : )

Yes, July 15th..Can't wait...there is another person that is July 7th....You are both ahead of me so I will get to see you both lose as I wait for my surgery....very exciting in deed!

July 1 for me:smile:

I am scheduled for July 8th and could not be more excited. Good luck to you.

July 18th is my date. Ive been watching these threads for the past few months, lol. I attended in informational meeting on April 21. Had my psych appointment May 19. Had my meeting with the nurse practioner, surgeon, finance person and the dietician today. The only reason it took so long between April 21 and today was because I took a week long vacation to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. I am self-pay so things are going a bit faster for me than others, Im sure. My insurance covers weightloss surgeries but only if youve been with the employer for three years or more. Ive only been there two years, so far. But I dont think I would be covered anyways. I am very lucky that I dont have any detrimental co-morbidities like high blood pressure or diabetes. Another interesting factoid is that my family doctor suggested I take Adipex before my surgery because he thinks I will do better if I lose some weight before hand. I started the Adipex last Thursday and have lost 14 pounds in 6 days. CRAZY!!! I didnt want to lose so much so fast, but the surgeon said thats fine and it will even out soon. He just requests that I am off the Adipex about three days prior to surgery. I really like my surgeon and his office. Most of the girls in his office have had gastric banding also, including the dietician, and even the surgeon HIMSELF! I just cant believe this is really happening. Has any self-payers out there used CareCredit? or any other type of payment plan? Just curious as to what has worked and what I need to look out for. If anyone is in the Southern Ohio region, you should check out Trace Curry. He has done over 10,000 bands.

Good luck to everyone, I will be reading over your entries and seeing how youre doing!