Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here I go on my rant...

I just passed my one year anniversary (may 5th 2009) of having my band. I love the tool I was given, I love the results, I love the "discipline". I have lost almost 79lbs, and very close to my goal.

I HATE THE ROLLERCOASTER!

Everyday is a mystery for me. It's very odd, during my work week, I can eat, my usual restriction, never really any stuck episodes. Come the weekend...I'll be lucky if I can even drink my coffee in the morning. I'm so miserable all the time.

This weekend was worse and started on Friday. Ofcourse, I started my monthly curse, so I knew I was going to be a lot tighter. Took it really easy, stayed mostly on mushies and chips/crackers of some sort. (crackers and chips are the easiest things to go down.)

Well come Friday, for lunch tried having tuna on ritz crackers...no luck. Saturday, nada, sunday a few tortilla chips and salsa...nothing else. then at night, thinking it might work, I tried apple sauce...It came back up...with it..blood. :biggrin: I don't know what is going on.

I'm extremely frustrated, and just wanting to call it quits. I've come a long way, and lost a lot without any effort, which Im happy with.

I'm to the point, I just want to get a complete unfill.

Not sure what I should do. If you've gotten this far, thanks for letting me vent and feel sorry for myself.:lol:

im sorry you are having a tough time lately!! i think you should talk to your dr.about whats going on and maybe he can help you to get back on track with no pain! you have lost alot of weight so far.congrats!!! i hope you get it taken care of soon.good luck!!

I wonder: are you getting as much Fluid on the weekend as you do during the week? It's easy for me to slack off on days when I don't have my usual routine---sleep late, etc. And when I'm not properly hydrated, I have lots more trouble--my stoma is just tighter and less happy.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time!

ETA: Blood is always scary, but it's not unusual to see a bit of blood streaking when you've had issues/irritation. Be sure to mention it to your doctor. S/he is likely to recommend that you stick with liquids for a short time, then gradually move through mushies back to solids.

Here I go on my rant...

I just passed my one year anniversary (may 5th 2009) of having my band. I love the tool I was given, I love the results, I love the "discipline". I have lost almost 79lbs, and very close to my goal.

I HATE THE ROLLERCOASTER!

Everyday is a mystery for me. It's very odd, during my work week, I can eat, my usual restriction, never really any stuck episodes. Come the weekend...I'll be lucky if I can even drink my coffee in the morning. I'm so miserable all the time.

This weekend was worse and started on Friday. Ofcourse, I started my monthly curse, so I knew I was going to be a lot tighter. Took it really easy, stayed mostly on mushies and chips/crackers of some sort. (crackers and chips are the easiest things to go down.)

Well come Friday, for lunch tried having tuna on ritz crackers...no luck. Saturday, nada, sunday a few tortilla chips and salsa...nothing else. then at night, thinking it might work, I tried apple sauce...It came back up...with it..blood. :scared2: I don't know what is going on.

I'm extremely frustrated, and just wanting to call it quits. I've come a long way, and lost a lot without any effort, which Im happy with.

I'm to the point, I just want to get a complete unfill.

Not sure what I should do. If you've gotten this far, thanks for letting me vent and feel sorry for myself.:cheers2:

Get to the doctor with that situation. I have never had blood in my years of lapband usage!

Sandybells

You sound too tight. A small unfill would probably make all the difference. Also, if you're staying on mushies and chips/crackers for days at a time, that's going to be a lot more calorific than proper solid food. An unfill could actually see BETTER weight loss.

I wish I could help because you seem so down! I haven't had any negative results... ok, a few episodes of discomfort when I have eaten too fast/bad food choice. I am losing slow, but no discomfort. I am sure you have already talked to your surgeon but it may be time for a second opinion? Hang in there!

I believe the roller-coaster has everything to do w/how hydrated vs. dehydrated you are at any given time. At least this is how it works for me. I can barely eat anything now when I am dehydrated, but feel like I can eat too much when I am well hydrated. So, I need to be more disciplined about getting my Water in ALL the time and staying away from alcohol (since it is a diuretic).

I would say first try to increase your Water and see if that helps. Then, if it doesn't, try a slight unfill. You've come too far to give up entirely, though. A small unfill may be all you need. Best of luck to you! Your weightloss is an inspiration!!!

Thank you all! Today has been a bit better. I'm starving, but I feel better and have managed to get little things down. Luckily I stocked up on V8 just the other day.

I think I've come to the decision of having a slight unfill however. I can’t keep doing this every weekend.

Jacqui, I think you're right, I will most likely lose weight with the unfill, just due to my eating habits now. To be honest, I’ve never eaten completely “healthy” and I definitely don't work out, but after really feeling miserable, it threw my butt into gear. I'm going this weekend to get my gym membership again, and we’re throwing out all junk food and replacing it with healthier choices. No more messing around for me.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone J

Just saw the posts about the Water intake...I agree with you. It's been weird with me tho, since during the day, I don't drink very much water just my usual coffee at my desk until it's lunch time. I thought maybe it's because on the weekends Im not rushing to get ready and doing things right off the bat. I do wake up same time if not earlier. Who knows, just need to keep a positive attitude and be happy with what I have lost...:)

hi, happy to hear you've lost a lot of weight, but sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. the only advice would be for you to go to the doctor and tell him all you've gone through. goodluck and please keep us posted.:)