Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Miss You Guys!

DeLarla

It sucks staying away from here. Can somebody please summarize everything I've missed here so I can catch up?

Here's me: Mom was released from the psyche ward but refuses to take meds. The last forced injection should last another week before she's back to her old self, so my brother & I (who made amends after many years) are taking our first baby steps towards what we believe to be the best plan. Her injections last 2-3 weeks, so she actually got some paint and put one coat over the walls she wrote on. Brother says you can still see all the writing, and there's paint dripped and slopped everywhere, but she's never covered over any writing in her life. It's a shame she won't take meds cause that's a sign that she saw life through normal eyes for a moment. Right before she was released, her social worker explained that normal people don't write on walls, which really confused my mother because that's one of her normal means of communicating with family.

I finally saw the Gastroenterologist yesterday, who called in a referral for an Upper GI. I had to explain the band and show him a picture. However, he made me feel okay in case my band needs to be removed because he said we've got surgeons who are really familiar with other gadgets that erode around the stomach (I'm under the impression certain implants are placed around the stomach for hernias or other surgeries.) So it's not like they'd be completely lost if I had erosion, plus he wrote down the names of a local surgeon and my surgeon in Ventura in case of emergency or to consult. I have no idea what my dual coverage insurance will or will not cover, but at least the paperwork and referral process has begun.

I've gained 10 pounds because I'm back to being a full time sugar junky. I talked to the Gastro about needing support & was choking back tears, so he gave me a referral to the Weight Management plan available through my insurance, plus he asked permission to refer me for stress management. I said, "Does it show" and his eyes said, "OH YEAH."

Slumber is still too much fun, but holidays slow down parties. But I've been strongly warned to either hold on or run for cover since Valentine's Day goes wild. Bring it on!

How is everyone?

I've missed you!

I myself have been extremly busy with my kids and year end work testing and sales.

So glad you've seen the gastro-man, wishing you the best with your upper GI. I'm sure you'll let us know the results.

As for Mom, what an ordeal, from what I remember she's back east? so your bro (who lives in calif) is out there sort of takeing care of the situation. I guess I'm out of the loop. Reguardless, hang in there.

(((HUGS)))

Misssssssssssssed You Tooooooooooooooooooooooo

I have been so busy here lately and just trying to hold my head above Water here at work.. Kids are a handful and so is home life. Going to start fighting with BCBS of Neb here pretty soon since they denied a claim for my unfill but paid the fill in Aug.. %&**(()* dang it .. Anyway just getting ready for my vacation next week.

Wow sorry bout your Mom.

Glad they are finally going to get you down the right path..

Talk to you later -- I have an order to place ---

Aren't crazy moms the best? Something only a child of the cirus would understand. I had to laugh about your mom writing on the walls. Not that my mom ever did something like that, but there are so many different types of crazy.

We miss you too, really, really, really.

Jonathan asked if he could come back and so we let him. Silly to even think that he needed to ask....

I've posted several of my usual long-winded papers that ramble on about weight loss, or not.

Hope your GI stuff goes well and you get good news. And stop with the sugar, alright? *(ducks out real quick)*

Hey DeLarla~~~ Miss you too~~~ Whats new...hummm.....My son and I are moving out. My husband is keeping the place that we are at now, and we are getting a divorce. Ummmm I have been chit chatting with my old boyfriend from the days of Yore...He found me on Reunion.com and weve been talking for about a week or so and its really good! Didn't know how much we missed each other.........Ummmm Im still not working, but I gotta up the anty now that my son and I are gonna be on our own. We will be staying with my mom for a while till we get it together....My stress levels are going thru the roof if you could imagin so I started Stress Management again too~ Today is a good day and thats all I can expect..One day at a time right?

LISA!! JQ posted a thread today or yesterday called "Are you getting enough?"

I thought of you. Glad to hear that you and your Bro are reconciled. Sometimes those siblings can be the best thing.

So, can you hogtie Mom and take her in for shots ever two weeks?

Not a whole lot new on the old homefront. Blue Cross denied me again (shocking, no?) and I have to submit to the State of CA to fight it. If that doesn't work, I have to start all over again next year, because my insurance plan is changing. Still Blue Cross - but a whole new coverage option. Oh Joy.

In the mean time, my Beloved has decided that we are going to diet down to the point where Stinking Blue Cross will accept me for the procedure I want. All I have to do is get my BMI below 50, right? I have already lost 8 lbs and I have about 50 to go, I think.

I am fighting the good fight against the Evil Eliptical machine at the gym. So far, I have been able to keep my heart from exploding for up to 13 minutes at a time while spinning my wheels. Between the EE, the bike and the Dreadmill, I am doing about 45 minutes a shot - four days a week.

Work is the same, life is mostly the same - although we are off to Tuscon for Thanksgiving next week.

HUGS!! We miss you. We are all thinking good thoughts about you!

:]

Hi DeLarla! I've really missed your posts. I'm glad to hear that you are speaking with your brother again. It will help to have your siblings to lean on during this stressful time, even if you don't always get along. More people to help with the burden is usually a good thing.

Good luck with your upper GI! :)

Hi 'Larla!!!

So glad you are back, we need you to poke and prod our minds and keep us thinking!! Things are ok with me, works still crappy but I had an hour long chat with my boss's boss yesterday so hopefully that will help - at the very least it got things off my chest. My surgeon is still giving me the run around - so still no fill for me - but I now have a great GP who has gone into bat for me and is working hard to help me sort out all my health problems. So all in all things are going quite well. Have you kept up with the Jessica O story - bleeding heck!! - what a way to make you realise how important your health and family are!

Take care of your self, Hugs, Loulou (who is no longer so blaize or lazy with her health issues)

Divalicious De, I miss you girl. I miss you a lot. Glad to see you back here. Even a bit down your light shines like a beacon.

As for me....well, I saw my shrink this week and she told me, in her professional opinion, that I'm depressed. She's right. I don't give a sh*t about anything. I can't be bothered. Work sucks. The guy I have a major crush on (we're good friends) just spent the weekend with an old girlfriend and had four days of mad passion. And now he's all into this new girl. So the boy I crush on doesn't like me back. My self esteem couldn't BE any lower.

But enough about me....let's talk about my crazy mother. Who has spun out of control since my dad died in February. She has what we are all pretty sure is a gambling addiction. She keeps going off her Lexipro because she "feels better" then can't understand why she keeps sinking into terrible depression. She is so completely not self aware she doesn't even give herself a break for mourning her husband of forty five years. So my mom isn't write on the walls looney, oh ho ho noooo, she's the repressed in denial "there's nothing wrong with ME" kind of nuts. It's all just another form of crazy.

And damnit....the holiday season ALWAYS gets me down!

*sigh*

Wow Lisa, I was just thinking as I scanned the new threads..."wonder how Lisa is and if we would hear from you this weekend?" So it was very cool to see you are thinking of us too!

Glad Slumber Parties is going so well (probably need a little down time before "love day" gets here).

Aren't families just grand? (oh yeah...)

Anyway...just trying to gear up for my rebanding in January and really hoping to meet you at Vegas Blast 2006!

Oh sweetcheeks, it sounds like you have your hands full. Your job is to keep sane while trying to be around the insane. I know you can do it, let us know how your weight loss management classes go so we can look into joining around our areas if they are any good. I'm glad you came on to say hi, I was wondering where you were and the Talk Lounge has been quiet with you gone. Come back when you can!!

Lisa Lisa Bo Bisa, Fe Fi Fo Misa Lisa !!!

Its good to see you chickie. I miss you too. When ya gonna come back and play?