Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to surgery and beginning of pre-op diet

Hi! My surgery is one week from today. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. Today is the start of my liquid pre-op diet: sugar-free Jello, sugar-free popsicles, Crystal Light, broth, and Water. I have been mentally preparing myself for this day, and I am ready to rock it this next week. I was down 20 lbs today! My pre-op testing is tomorrow. I am a bit overwhelmed by how many tests I have to undergo tomorrow, but I would rather them be overly cautious than run into problems next Monday!

I am required to stay in the hospital for one night. My daughter has her 6th grade graduation on Wednesday. I hope that I am okay to go to it; she would be devastated if I missed it! I have recovered really well from two C-sections; my OB told me my body heals very well. I hope it doesn't let me down now. How long before I will be able to drive? I am planning to return to work on Thursday for the last 2 days of school before summer vacation.

I am still looking for a buddy who is having surgery around the same time.

Thanks to everyone for the support on here!

Hi PalmTreeGirl!

I would love to be your buddy! My surgery is scheduled for Friday, May 21st! I too am excited but a little nervous as well!! I start my pre-op diet today.

Good luck & Keep in touch! :biggrin:

Im getting banded the 17th too. I am so excited and nervous! I am ready to be done with this liquid diet!

Good luck you guys! The liquid diet was hard the first couple of days but it got easier.

Good luck everyone! I think if you can make it through the clear liquid preop diet (I had to do it for 2 weeks), you can make it work with the band!

Hi - I am the 19th and off until June 1st! I asked about driving also and everyone said within 3 days or so as long as it doesn't hurt and you are off meds....to be honset I think only 4 days off may be hard on you...I don't know but just be careful it's surgery and you need to recover....I would post that question about going to work on day 4....good luck to you! I am in the middle of my 2 week diet of liquids and boy it is fun......NOT....but I am doing well so I will survive! Bye

Thanks guys! The first time the liquid diet has been tough was yesterday at mother days BBQ... i never wanted a salad and some grilled chicken so badly! haha

Only one week left... just trying to stick with it and stay busy.

Thanks guys! The first time the liquid diet has been tough was yesterday at mother days BBQ... i never wanted a salad and some grilled chicken so badly! haha.

I remember that VERY well! I gave my daughter a banana, and sat there drooling and watching as she ate it. Never before had I wanted a banana so badly.

I'll be your buddy. I'm having my surgery 5.28.2010

Same here! I'm a May 25th-er lol and I just bought some stuff for the liquid diet that I have to start TOMORROW:scared2: lol

i'm sure i'll be ok

I'm heading to the store right after work to pick up my Clear Liquids to start tonight! Suddenly I am feeling very overwhelmed! Oh well, it's a good thing... :biggrin:

I am being banded on 5/17 too!!! I'd love to have a buddy as well. I have only told about 4-5 people so I would love more people to talk about it with.....especially those that would understand.

I had my pre-op visit today and start the liquid diet tomorrow. For dinner I can have chicken/fish plus steamed veggies too. Funny how all doc are different.

They said I would not have to stay the night but I am not scheduled until 10:45 so I have to spend the night now. Oh well. I guess it is for the best.

This is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I am being banded on May 25th!!! I too would like to have a buddy...

I am being banded on May 25th!!! I too would like to have a buddy...

Really I meant to quote your siggy...only 3 days pre-op diet?! :smile2: Jealous Face!!

Really I meant to quote your siggy...only 3 days pre-op diet?! :smile2: Jealous Face!!

I get pretty jealous when i hear things like this!

haha

its almost over for me tho. only 4 more days left of it!