Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my lapband done this past Monday May 3-doing great!

Hi everyone, Just wondering how everyone is doing who recently had lapband. I had mine Monday afternoon May 3, just 2 days ago. I was sooo scared right before it & I must say it hasn't been that bad. I came home yesterday & as long as I stay on top with pain meds, I do fine. I walked around the block yesterday & am doing well. It isn't nearly as painful as when I had my gallbladder out a few yrs ago. The most soreness is at the site where they inserted the port. As far as appetite, it is ZERO! I have absolutely NO appetite whatsoever, which is a miracle for me. I have all I can do to get the Protein Drinks down because I have no urge to eat anything at all. So anyway, I know there are a few having surgery tomorrow & other times this week...just wanted to encourage everyone that it hasn't been bad & definitely worth it. I have no regrets that I went thru it....it's all gonna be better from here! So good luck & hope everyone is doing well!!!! :bored:

weight.png

Edited by DottieAnn

Thanks Dottie! My surgery is a week from tomorrow so it's very comforting to hear your experience went well! I have every confidence that things will go smoothly but I'm still a little nervous. I just kinda wish I could get it over with and start my new life already. By the time I blink I'll be banded, so it's just patience and sticking with the plan for now.

Good luck with the days ahead and I can't wait to join you on the other side! :bored:

DottieAnn<

I am thrilled to hear that you are doing so well! It is a comfort to hear from you, now that you are on the other side. My surgery is in the morning at 8:30.

I do have a question for you...what are the things that you have needed since coming home? I have a recliner set up in case I can't sleep in the bed, chicken broth, Jello, and a few popsicles. Anything else that you recommend?

Thanks!

I recommend a heating pad. I also had my surgery May 3rd. I am having a lot of left shoulder pain and the heating pad is really helping!!!

great news!! good to hear you're doing so well.....welcome to the loser's bench.....goodluck and congrats:thumbup:

I had mine yesterday. I am so glad that I am able to get around. We went to the bookstore yesterday after surgery! Walking around makes me feel better, and I was so nervous that I would be bedridden. I do have hunger. I have not had the same experience with loss of appetite. After I have a few cups of broth or juice, I get uncomfortable...which is a good thing. I have had trouble urinating, but I have read that it is due to the pain medication. Glad to be going through this experience, and looking forward to what the joy and confidence this will bring to my life! Congratulations to you as well! :bored:

Thanks for your replies everyone. I am now 3 days post-op & am doing great. Still no urge to eat, taking less pain meds, etc.....as far as what I needed post-op.....I had broth, sugar free popsicles, crystal lite, diet Jello and now Protein drinks......but I have to tell you, it is hard to take in very much. I have slept in the chair part of the night, I would lie down for a while & then about halfway thru the night I moved to the recliner. I used ice packs on my belly instead of heat packs because it just felt good. Walking is definitely a good thing, it helps with mobilizing any gas you might have & helps regain strength. Like someone else mentioned, I did have a lot of pain in my back afterwards, even more than the belly. I was told it was from all the CO2 they pump in during laparoscopies. So being mobile early on definitely helps get the gas out. It really ISN'T as bad as I had expected girls & guys!! Seriously, I was expecting to be much more sore than I am. So happy & excited for all of you that are getting ready to do this!! Best wishes to all of you, it will be over before you know it!!! Hugs!:bored:

Had my lapband done 6 weeks age. Felt great the day after surgery. Didn't have to take pain meds except for the first two nights just because I wanted to make sure I would sleep. Haven't had any issues going through the different food stages. I had my first fill yesterday and don't have any problems. It's like a miracle! Wish I did this 20 years ago.

It's been an awesome experience. Hope all goes as well for everyone.

Hi all! I had my surgery on the 4th and I finally took a shower today. It was heaven.

I thought I would not have the gas and left shoulder problem because I did not have it right away. Boy was I wrong. I woke up this morning needing the gas meds.

I also have NO appetite however, my stomach rumbles. So, if it rumbles I try to sip my shakes, broths, eat a popcicle etc.

I feel pretty bloated right now and my chest is still super tight feeling but nothing I can't handle.

I am only taking the pain meds if I wake in the middle of the night, or right before bed. No problems with nausea at all. That is what I was most afraid of.

So, really its not as BAD as I was expecting, but still not alot of fun. Good luck to all those out there to be banded soon!

I had mine done on May 3rd too! I'm feeling really good - I thought this would be much worse. I haven't had to take the pain meds since the 2nd day.

I do have the left shoulder pain, but the heating pad works. I also am using an ice pack on it and that seems to help too.

I also wish I had done this a long time ago!! Yay!!

Hey everyone, I also failed to mention that when they went in to do my band, they found a hiatal hernia so they repaired that as well. So I had the lapband AND a hiatal hernia repair & I still felt really good despite it all. I also wish I had done this years ago. If I had only known it would be this easy.....I am NOT hungry & really have to force myself to drink & get in my fluids & Protein. A nice change from being a bottomless pit! I am glad you are all doing so well. Good luck to all those who are having this done soon. Don't be scared! I was scared & very nervous & like I said, it hasn't been bad at all. I have zero regrets. I am 4 days out & I have been walking the neighborhood, doing gardening & getting around fine. :thumbup:It is so nice to have some control for once over what goes in my body. Blessings!

Hey, I am a May 3rd bandster....I am feeling pretty good. The pain in my shoulder has finally gone away, I was starting to get a little concerned about it. If i can just get all this Protein in I will be doing good. Not really physically hungry but mentally hungry. I have to turn away when the food commercials come on. Guess thats how I gained the weight anyway. I saw it then I wanted it, but that is in the past. I am looking forward to a new me. Congratulations to everyone...wish everyone lots of success.:)

Hi,

I got banded on May 4th and also had an esophogeal hiatal hernia repair at that time. No hunger but eating and drinking for hydration and protien. The shoulder pain has been bad still aggravating, but I am amazed how good I really feel. The port pain stinks hope that gets better soon- but really feeling good and on the road to a healthier happy life its great having all this first hand info available thanks to all for sharing.