Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is having surgery this week (May 3-7)

I feel like I dont hv a lot of restriction :(

I cant wait till I get my fill!

I know Felix... I named my band Felix :frown:... isnt 'turned on' yet but sheeeesh.

there are sm days where I feel so hungry and sm days I dont even want to look at food. I'm scared that im going to jump on a scale and it be PLUS again :w00t:

You guys, Im totally bummed. :wink:

Am I alone on this? Please share!

I feel like I dont hv a lot of restriction :(

I cant wait till I get my fill!

I know Felix... I named my band Felix :(... isnt 'turned on' yet but sheeeesh.

there are sm days where I feel so hungry and sm days I dont even want to look at food. I'm scared that im going to jump on a scale and it be PLUS again :w00t:

You guys, Im totally bummed. :frown:

Am I alone on this? Please share!

I think you should try your hardest to not let that bum you out. Personally, I'm only weighing myself when my doctor does it because I don't want to let a number determine my success. I would suggest that when you feel down about not being restricted enough or something else, that you focus on how much better you feel. I know my quality of life has already vastly increased.

I want to name my band too! :wink:

I start the soft food stage tomorrow. Although, I'm still afraid to eat. I'm not sure what my restriction will be. What are some of the things y'all ate or will eat during this stage?

I think you should try your hardest to not let that bum you out. Personally, I'm only weighing myself when my doctor does it because I don't want to let a number determine my success. I would suggest that when you feel down about not being restricted enough or something else, that you focus on how much better you feel. I know my quality of life has already vastly increased.

I want to name my band too! :laugh:

I start the soft food stage tomorrow. Although, I'm still afraid to eat. I'm not sure what my restriction will be. What are some of the things y'all ate or will eat during this stage?

Naming my band was my hubbys idea... He said I should give it a name so that I would feel more connected to my band.

:w00t: its wrapped around my stomach, idk how much more connected you can get!

Well, I didnt get a chance to go to the mall last night to weigh in @ GNC. The only reason Im doing this is because im trying to weigh myself after every stage. liquids and now Mushies. I go back to the doc next week for my follow up.:w00t:

I just wish I wasnt so hungry :drool:

i had a bit to much Protein yesterday and it did NOT agree with me :thumbup:

I def tell the difference in my clothes already. :thumbup:

Does anyone have any NSVs yet? (non scale victories)

do you guys think we should move this thread to the POST OP section of this site? :drool:

I named my band Annie....short for Anaconda :drool:

I am on mushies...about 1/2 cup of food 3 times a day and trying really hard not to drink while I'm eating. I have had a couple tiny sips but I'm trying. Waiting the hour after I eat hasn't been so bad, surprisingly.

...up 3 pounds this week. Totally SUCKS!!! I called my nutritionist this morning and she told me not to freak out, that it's totally normal and as my body realizes it's going to get real food now it will let me start losing again. Still bummed :drool:

I have an appt on June 2nd for a fill, if I need one. And I definitely think I will. I can feel me getting hungrier everyday.

Had my post-op surgeon appt yesterday and found out I have the 14cc band. Anyone else have this one? I'm wondering if it will take longer to get restriction with the bigger band. :thumbup:

And I just want to say how much I am enjoying this thread. It is so much better and personal than the whole month thread. There's not a lot to relate to on there where some haven't been banded yet and we're already on mushies. I am really enjoying getting to know everybody and hope we can keep in touch and support each other as we get smaller and smaller :laugh:

.....better get back to work....going to Taco Bell for refried Beans for lunch today :thumbup: YEA!!!!

My NSVs:

-clothes fit a lot looser

-my body doesn't ache when I get out of bed in the morning

-I feel more confident already

I need to work on eating slower!

I love this thread too!

I just had to post something about a great "soft food" I had today. Everyone else may know about this, but I'll tell y'all just in case you don't. I went to Wendy's and had their Chili and a baked potato. It's was pretty amazing. I highly recommend it.

I had Wendy's Chili for lunch yesterday too :smile: I didn't think about the baked potato but I might try that next week.

Last night we went out for dinner for Mexican. I ordered a ground beef & bean burrito with 1/2 red & 1/2 green sauce. It was so good!! :thumbup: And I ate a lot more than I thought I would. I ate almost 1/3 of it. I brought the rest home but I can't even think of eating any more of it still.

Had cream of wheat for Breakfast.

I'm losing restriction fast. I can eat about a cup and I'm getting hungry a couple hours after I eat.

It's all part of the journey, I know, but this part really sucks!

Right now my work schedule makes it nearly impossible to pack a lunch as I'm out of the office for the most part and refrigeration is not an option. I think Wendy's will have to be my go-to lunch during the soft food stage. I had the chili and just thought, "Where has this been all my life?" haha

Last night I met up with friends for Thai. I had Kee Mao which is really soft noodles and veggies with soft tofu. It was quite delicious.

I feel my restriction diminishing as well. I'm not scheduled for my next dr's visit until June 13th.

Are any of you thinking about doing an additional diet regiment as well? I've been reading on here that some people have done Weight Watchers and have had excellent results. I'm interested in doing one in order to learn better nutrition. I'll have to ask my doc though.

hey guys has anyone had a fill yet?

i get my first fill today!!

i hope i get some kind of good restriction with this first fill.

I feel like i eat WAY too much!

in fact im scared i may hv already stretched my pouch!!!

YEAH!!! :confused: but il find out today.

Ill keep you guys posted. I just wanted to see how everyone was doing and if anyone has had a fil yet. If so what should i expect... will they check if my pouch has stretched? Is it too early to be worried about this? I have read about it happening to ppl but it wasnt until they have been at least 5-6 months out and have restriction in their bands.

IDK... HELP GUYS!!!

Good luck today, Bellaisgreat!! I go in for my next appt June 15, and I'll get a fill then if I need it. I'm pretty sure I do - I feel like I can eat anything, and I'm quite hungry. I've been really trying to make good food choices - but old habits die a VERY slow death. I'm reading a great book on overeating, and I'm hoping that some self-discovery and motivation will help me. I worry about stretching my pouch, too. I can basically eat normal meals. The only meal that takes a while - have to go slow and chew well - is Breakfast. After that - everything basically feels like it did before surgery. I guess the upside of that is that I have no yucky side effects? IDK. I'm not sore any more - at 4 weeks post op - and back to my normal exercise. My son is a competitive swimmer, so I am up at 4:15am taking him to the pool. I used to sit in the car and sleep, but now I get out and walk loops around the parking lot. Many, many loops. :confused: It's boring, but it's 45 minutes at a good paced walk. I dream of one day being able to add running to it. Right now - I lost 12 lbs, and have gained back 3 in the last week and a half, despite upping my exercise. Or maybe because of it - adding muscle? IDK. I'm just trying to keep my chin up and try to maintain a healthy attitude. My focus right now is if sugar is in the first 4 ingredients - I'm not to eat it. Also - tons of veggies, and Protein from Beans and legumes, fish, eggs, and bit of lean meat occasionally. Lots of fruit. I find that if I have some juicy berries with my meal, it has quenched my thirst, b/c I've found it very hard not to eat with meals. A couple juicy strawberries or blueberries instead of drinking has been my saving grace for my dry mouth. :rolleyes: How's everyone else doing??

My surgery was May 6th and I am scheduled for my first fill next week on June 8th. I have lost a total of 27 pounds, including the 16 I lost on the pre-op diet. I know that we are all praying we will be one of the lucky ones to get restriction from the first fill :confused: I am fully recovered with no complications from the surgery, but I echo the sentiment that I feel just like I did prior to surgery now. I feel like I could eat anything, and I want to eat everything!

Until the last few days I have done a great job with small portion sizes and healthy choices. With the holiday weekend, I did eat more than I should have, and a few things that I should have stayed away from. I am climbing back on the wagon and trying to do better. I do worry about stretching the pouch, but at the same time, if we don't have restriction, then I don't really think there is anything to stretch out, because everything is just passing through.

For exercise I am walking about 2-3 miles 5 days a week. I am looking forward to adding in some weight training and other activities when I get the all clear from my doctor next week.

Glad to hear how everyone is doing...

Michelle

I am scheduled for my first fill on June 8th. Although I know I am eating more than I did the first couple weeks after surgery, I am able to recognize when I have had enough food--usually about 1 cup. I am certainly not eating near as much food as I did before I had this surgery and I think I am doing well with making good food choices--I stay away from carbs & sugars. I eat lean meats (turkey and chicken), still eating Soups and have incorporated veggies and fruit, those sugarfree popsicles are still a lifesaver. Somedays I will substitute a Protein shake for a meal. My treat is a Laughing Cow low fat swiss cheese wedge with one flatbread cracker--it so good!!! I am now walking 2 miles a day and doing light cardio--I can't wait until I get the okay to do full cardio exercises! I have lost about 27lbs since the start of my weightloss journey(about 6 weeks) and I am proud of that!!! One thing that I constantly remind myself of is that the Lap Band is a tool and no matter whether I have restriction or not, It is up to me to make good choices and become physically active--Lapband +proper food choices + Portion Control + exercise + change in mindset =weightloss success. I hope with my next fill I get more restriction but until I reach my "sweetspot" (and even after) I have to keep in mind that my success in this whole journey is ultimately up to me. :confused:

Be encouraged everyone--this is a process and takes committment & dedication!!

Bellaisgreat let us know how your fill goes~~

Ok! Back from my fill! It was a piece if cake! They gv me 3ccs. Which makes it a grand total of 4.4ccs. The doc put in 1.4 at surgery. But what sucks is that NOW I hv to be on a liquid diet for 5 days! There r way to many graduation partys the weekend! Oh well its all. My pouch hasn't stretched, got my first fill, lost 3lbs! Life Is Good!!

I get my next fill on 6/15! Woohoo. I'm getting a fill every two weeks till I hit my sweetspot!

Ok I'm off to drink a shake!

Best of luck to u guys!

I had my first fill today too. I barely even felt the needle...was totally prepared for it to really hurt...was I ever surprised!

I got 2 ccs, drank the Water, no problems :biggrin:

I have another appointment in 2 wks.

I have to say I didn't really feel anything when I was at the office but by the time I got home I was feeling some tightness in my chest and pressure in my back, probably from the swelling. It's such a good feeling....like I finally really believe something is in there LOL.

I'm on full liquids for 24 hours then mushies for another 24, then back to my regular diet.

ok i had my fill yesterday... Piece of cake!!! evertyhing went great! They told me I already had 1.4 ccs in my band and they gave me 3 ccs more.

GRAND TOTAL-4.4!!

We will see how today goes. Im on a liquid diet for about 5 days. Which readlly sucks cause we have alot of family get togethers for graduations!!!

but its all good. Im down 3 more pounds! WOOHOO!

I just hope i get sm restriction with this fill. So far so good.

ill keep you guys posted.

for all of those scared about the fills... dont stress out about it. It really was fast and easy! AND I HATE NEEDLES!!!