Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is having surgery this week (May 3-7)

Tomorrow is my new B-day...Cinco de mayo girl!

I have to be at the hospital at 7 AM, surgery at 9:30.

I am having my done at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls.

And I am getting SOOOO nervous!!! I have no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight....anxiety, nervous, excited...

I will ck in tomorrow and let you all know how it goes.

Here's to us :thumbup:

I'm having a Cinco de mayo surgery too! I go in tomorrow at 7am. Good luck to everyone having surgery this week!

Goodbye pre-op forum! Going to bed for Surgery at 730am tomorrow~

Happy Cinco De Mayo! See you after surgery~~

Goodbye pre-op forum! Going to bed for Surgery at 730am tomorrow~

Happy Cinco De Mayo! See you after surgery~~

Praying for all of you Cinco De mayo surgery friends! Can't want to hear how it all went! Your new life starts today, mine starts tomorrow. :thumbup:

dont forget about me!!!

im tomorrow too!

Im so excited i can hardly stand it!

i dont know how I am going to sleep tonight!

:thumbup:Best of Luck to all you guys! :glare:

I just want to jump and scream and yell and eat something solid... lol.. this pre op diet is killing me. :bored:

ttyl

Im back home from sugery! Everything went well! Doc was so happy with my pre-op weight loss, that he said surgery went quick and smooth 1hour and 1 min in surgery.

No pain in the shoulder yet, but I do have some cramping like pain in the stomach. Gonna have to google that!

My surgery went excellent! I went to sleep and don't remember a thing. When I woke up, I thought I still hadn't gone in. I was so tired but I had to take the moment in. I couldn't believe that within a few hours my life had completely changed. Hope everyone's surgery went well.

I told my wife the same thing!

But man, this stomach gas is killing me. Im awake again at 12am because of it. I will see if the Gasx strips and pain meds make it better.

Anyone else have a hard time laying down?

Today is banding day for me...I hope! The stomach bug hit out house yesterday afternoon. My 9 year old was throwing up most of the afternoon and into the evening, at which point my 12 year old started. I did the best I could to take care of them from a distance, all the time washing my hands and spraying disinfectant. Last night about 10:30 I started getting sick...oh yea, it was bad and it was not just throwing up. It has stopped, but being that I am patient number one this morning, I can't get a hold of anyone to see if I should still come in or not. I am feeling better, but I am sure that I must be dehydrated because I can't drink anything after being sick (not after midnight). Scared to cancel surgery (what if I am totally fine now) and scared to not cancel surgery (this can't be the best way to start). I have left messages with the hospital and hopefully someone calls me back before we need to leave at 6:15!

Dear AFmom, girl if I were you and felt ok, I would keep my mouth shut and still go! LOL Waited too long for this. HaHa :sleep:

To all of you that had their surgeries already I hope that you all get to feeling better real soon. :bored:

I had my pre-op appts yesterday and my surgery is tomorrow, I think I am #2 so will not have to be there quite so early, maybe around 8:30 or so. Can't wait! But I was told yesterday that I will have to stay overnight, my ins co requires a 24 hour observation. Bummer, I was hoping to get to come home same day! Would be easier on my son, he's 5 and has not spent many nights away from me. It will be hard on him. :glare:

Just to update....I did have my surgery this morning! Can't believe it...I am banded!!! I did talk with my doc about the stomach bug, and he said that as long as there was no fever we could go ahead. I felt like total crap, but there was no fever so surgery went on.

Don't remember anything after they told me to think of a sweet dream. Woke up in recovery with a lot of pressure from the gas, but not too much pain. Barium swallow was fine...pretty cool. Came home within 90 minutes of getting to recovery. Hope everyone else is doing well :thumbup:

hi had my band done on 29th april for 2nd time good luck

Feeling much better today, finally getting fluids down and somewhat feeling normal....

Thank GOD!

Hey Dblex,

We had our surgeries same day, and I am also feeling much better today. Had to fly home yesterday so that was a tough day, but only little over 1 hour flight from bc. Is your post-op 1 or 2 weeks liquids?

Katie

5 days starting yesterday. But I was having a hard time with things in yesterday. Not so much today. Feeling somewhat normal, started drinking my Isopur bottle, goal is to finish it today. Maybe some Jello later. Just scared :thumbup: