Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DAY 3 pre op Diet. Are any of you dealing with sleepiness and ajust an overall lack of energy with the diet? I am taking a Multivitamin and even eating a very small portion of lean meat and green veggies. I am using Protein shakes that have less than 3g of carbohydrate but most of them are 0 carb. Just wondering if any of you are experienceing this too.

:thumbup:

DAY 3 pre op Diet. Are any of you dealing with sleepiness and ajust an overall lack of energy with the diet? I am taking a Multivitamin and even eating a very small portion of lean meat and green veggies. I am using Protein shakes that have less than 3g of carbohydrate but most of them are 0 carb. Just wondering if any of you are experienceing this too.

:sleep:

I have been extreeeeeeemly tired!:glare:

im usually pretty active. we have been going to the gym (just so that my body can get used to it cause i plan on the gym being my second home)

But lately I cant wait to get home and sleep after work!

im sure its the lack of carbs. im just surprised i hvnt gotten headaches. :)

Im sure the tirednes will go away soon after surgery! Best of luck to ya...

:biggrin:Oh and by the way GO MAVS!!:bored:

yeah i know we lost the first round... But we will be back next yr :tt2::lol:

Sotex...On Day 3 of my 2weeks pre-opt diet I was very weak and no desire to exercise. 15-17grams of Protein in the pre made drinks 2 a day. Nutrionist say to add a boil egg. I also added 1oz of beef Jerky during the day. SHe say the ideal is not to snack in between meals.

Bella...How are you since you've had your surgery? Hope all is well. Keep us posted

Ok its day 5 and tomorrow is the big day!!! Im so stoked. I must admit i cheated a bit.. I had tuna. plain tuna. No mayo or nada.

I talked to the nurse and she said that was ok. I just needed smthing solid in my mouth that i could chew and swallow! LOL

She said as long as i stick to the rest of the diet my liver should look nice and pretty :sleep:

My nerves are really starting to kick in! I couldn't sleep last night. So I can just imagine how tonight is going to be!

And I'm getting a slight headache! Im so hungry! :bored:

Is anyone else hving surgery tomorrow? How are you handling the last minute urge to stuff your face?!?!?!:glare:

Sooooo???? How did it go? How are you feeling? Been sending good thoughts your way!!!! My day's coming up, only 3 more days!!!

:thumbup:

I am very sleepy! I am on day 4. Down 9 pounds tho :-) I am so jealous you get to eat lean meat and green veggies!

I take naps threw out the day.. I feel so unproductive! lol

hello all

just wanted to say hi, and good luck to anyone having their ops this week. I had mine on Wednesday and thanks to my pre-op my surgeon said I was absolutely text book, went in at noon, was 40 mins in theatre, 2 hours in recovery and was up and walking by 5pm. I was really lucky and had little pain apart from trapped wind. I asked my surgeon and he said its nothing to do with the gas they use in the op, its just the natural gas your gut produces getting trapped because you're empty. So get on the wind / gas relief tablets as soon as possible!

Apart from that I'm home now, exercising every day, driving already and feeling really great. Plus i've lost 5.4kg now which is about 12lbs so I'm pretty pleased!

Good luck

x

If you'd already pared down the refined carbs in your diet, your weight loss on the preop diet may not be dramatic. It's generally the result of Fluid loss related to the massive loss of glycogen from the liver.

If you don't have those glycogen stores, your loss will not be as dramatic.

I didn't a notable amount on my preop diet; if you look at my stats, you'll see that it didn't really impact my ability to succeed with the band.

Remember, while weight loss can be a bonus that comes from the preop diet, it's primary goal is to reduce the size of your liver so that your surgeon can more easily maneuver.

You're accomplishing that, whether the scale gives you good news or not.

Day 8 Pre-Op Diet. Failed miserably over the weekend, Birthday Parties are no match for the Diet. I did stay away from the Cake with buttercream icing and cheesecake filling. So there is a small victory in this.:biggrin:

I have my pre-op appt on Thursday and I am looking forward to it for many reasons, one of them being to weigh in. My scale at home only goes to about 330 so I have no idea what my current weight is.

On suggestion of a co-worker, I started using Emergen-C Vitamin supplements, they have 6 Carbs but really helped with the energy.

Sooooo???? How did it go? How are you feeling? Been sending good thoughts your way!!!! My day's coming up, only 3 more days!!!

hEY GUYS SORRY I HVNT BEEN ON THE COMP LATELY...

It went ok... i lost 7lbs on the preop.

My surgery went well but recovery was a bit harsh... to say the least!

But im better now. I thought I was only going to have to be out for 3 days and it turned into a week!

I was so bloated from all the gas that I couldnt sit up straight for longer than an hour :)

It sucked!

But im all better now. Im on the mushies stage... I have gained .5lbs WHICH REALLY TICKED ME OFF!!!!

but I have read threads that say this is normal and not to freak out.

Im not freaking out Im just PISSED!!!

lol... hope all is well with everyone...

KEPP ON TRUCKING!!

Why do you gain weight on the mushies?!?!?! That totally would/will piss me off too! I have been on a liquid diet for 10 days now, down 15 pounds :). My surgery is tomorrow morning and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared to death! I am just praying everything goes smoothly!

:) Katie

Hey Bella,

Hope everything is going better now. Maybe some of that air is gone now and you can enjoy things better. I'll bet you've lost some more weight. Can't wait to hear from you.

So what's the newest update on everyone who's been banded or still doing pre-op?

Why do you gain weight on the mushies?!?!?! That totally would/will piss me off too! I have been on a liquid diet for 10 days now, down 15 pounds :w00t:. My surgery is tomorrow morning and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared to death! I am just praying everything goes smoothly!

:wink: Katie

A lot of mushies food are not very healthy. Plus your body is so use to having the liquids (mine being three weeks) that its prolly holding on to anything it can get at that time.

Good luck. Everything should go really smooth for you on the day of your surgery. We all were in your shoes and came out of it just fine. Maybe sore but all in all you'll be just beautiful scars and all. :w00t: